MLAT T- feeder leaks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT T- feeder leaks.

What do you think about the feeders who are leaking MLAT data in your area?

New thread and should not be censored. I am not the only feeder who is concerned with this issue. We are only interested in quality of the feeds.

We are implementing a server side solution to stop that data from polluting FR24 MLAT and it should be online as soon as tomorrow. Filtering on client side is already implemented in the latest software, but it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
      We are implementing a server side solution to stop that data from polluting FR24 MLAT and it should be online as soon as tomorrow. Filtering on client side is already implemented in the latest software, but it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.
      Are you unable to communicate directly with the problematic feeder hosts? I have collected and documented a long list of feeders in Europe that leak data from other networks. It is simply a matter of following a known non-ADS-B aircraft and see how it alternates between MLAT and named feeders as it moves around Europe. You have all our email addresses, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
        Are you unable to communicate directly with the problematic feeder hosts? I have collected and documented a long list of feeders in Europe that leak data from other networks. It is simply a matter of following a known non-ADS-B aircraft and see how it alternates between MLAT and named feeders as it moves around Europe. You have all our email addresses, right?
        Yes, we do have their email addresses. Please send your list to support@fr24.com and we will email them.
        --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
          Yes, we do have their email addresses. Please send your list to support@fr24.com and we will email them.
          done! done!

Comment

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
            done! done!
            Thanks Kpin
            --

Comment

Originally posted by piopawlu View Post
              it's very difficult to make people upgrade and an there are thousands running very old (more than 3 year old) software right now.
              Is there a way that people would be aware the software has been updated unless they visit the download page? I haven't seen a way of getting a notification when there's a new version unless I missed it?

Worst case maybe you could set the older clients to put a message in their logs saying they need upgrading and then suspend those people's accounts. When they check why they aren't uploading data they would see the message and hopefully get the newer version!

Comment

2nd the vote for banning feeders that are not up to date with the latest released fr24feed rev!

Comment

My personal opinion on the worst T-MLAT leaking feeders in my area is that it is intentional and may be a way of "dithering" the feed and blocks the more accurate info if FR24 mlat is allowed to work.

Comment

Except its already been shown the calculations from FA are more accurate
                    Last edited by Oblivian; 2016-03-15, 04:55.
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Oblivian, I still don't understand why you condone unauthorized MLAT data from T-feeders? I checked out your area in NZ. You don't have anywhere near the traffic that KSJC has. Fake T-feeders from other MLAT sources are a real problem in the San Francisco area and they are not needed at all .

Comment

Broken record..

I'ts not condoning. I'm forever pointing out, until those users upgrade. Its achieving nothing. When you first started out I told you to contact support with their targets and pointed at a number of threads to add to where admins had viewed.

Also pointless to try and assume that is is intentional. The users benefit from perks, why do something intentionally knowing at a seconds notice that perk can be removed...

Kpin has already posted screenshots showing how much smoother the FA MLAT is compared to the later calculated FR24. So other than a couple of additional icons appearing and apparently bothering you now and then its not causing any harm. You aren't going to go outside and be disappointed because you missed it by another 10 seconds when the data is already 5-10 seconds behind as it is.
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

BTW, please keep in mind that this is a new topic that many feeders are concerned with please don't censor it because you don't agree with me .

Comment

I actually applauded you finally took the initiative to for once.

And I don't censor. There are about 15 of us with the same rights.
                            But I take offence to people suggesting I clean up threads and then take them off the rails themselves so cleaned the prior after we AGAIN went around in circles with topics discussed elsewhere.

But it still remains, this is NOT the official support medium for the product that is Flightradar24.

Their email support desk is. So repeatedly beating the same wall in the hope of resolution doesn't make it happen any faster.

Comment

I intend to take the lead of kpin and forward that info to FR24 support. Let's keep this discussion open

Comment

Working...
                              X