BAW flights into UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAW flights into UK

Anyone know why BAW17V is circling the Isle Of Man , and BAW102 is circling north of Birmingham , have they been refused landing at Heathrow?

BAW84 is on a holding position over the Isle of Man.. seems BA is negotiating with CAA.. let's what they will come up to!!!

Comment

Looks like its heading towards dublin now, so maybe got refused entry into british airspace. Any idea why the flight is coming up as cancelled when typed the flight no. into google?

Comment

latest from nats

NATS has received new direction from the UK’s safety regulator, the CAA, on applying restrictions to UK airspace following the volcanic eruption in Iceland.

Comment

this is ridiculous..why keeping aircrafts in holding pattern (where risk is high) and not letting them down? Ground level is much safer for engines than at FL260!!!

Comment

Hi, BAW84 was cancelled on Heathrows Homepage at 2030, but on 2100 it was "Expected 2113".
            The latest turn over Birmingham might create some extra airtime....

Edit: now it's 2135...

Umbi

Comment

Originally posted by cedarjet212 View Post
              this is ridiculous..why keeping aircrafts in holding pattern (where risk is high) and not letting them down? Ground level is much safer for engines than at FL260!!!
              You're right...even considering that from Birmingham BAW84 should reach LHR with engines off...

Umbi

Comment

OH is on one of these flights. He text me at 13.55bst to say arrival LHR at approx 9pm.BA had 12 of these flights from various places and seemed sure they would be able to land!

Comment

Well....Heathrow homepage declares "cancelled" again, but baw84 seems to be on final...

Edit: "eta 2149"...I hope they know what they do...

Umbi

Comment

great to be up and running again but heard on scottish at 20.00 local helicopter landed @ aberdeen reported covered in ash after flying thru clouds/rain @ approx 3000 ft in bound to abz

Comment

Last edited by scanhorse; 2011-05-19, 09:05.

Comment

uk airspace not open until 22.00 some of the earlier flights held at IOM , ACKIL, Lands end, off cherbourg peninsular before entry some diverted into shanon and the proceeded onto EGLL(LHR) eg BAW274. BAW 102 held at IOM the lookes like diverted to Shanon to turn overhead dublin tjoin heathrow inbound then held again at honiley(HON) before going into LHR

Comment

Hi ...Just joined here yesterday pm and I noticed this flight and a few others circling just offshore. The BBC news covered the arrival at EGLL and sure enough, one of the passengers mentioned circling off the IoM. The contrails are back as I look out (Exeter) so things are pretty much back to normal I reckon.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X