Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest new features on Flightradar24.com

Team FR24

Suggest new features on Flightradar24.com

In this thread you can write suggestions on new features for Flightradar24.com

Passenger
    I am not sure why some flights display departure and destination airports but most do not. Same is true with showing an image of the plane rather than going trhough the process of clicking the reg no of plane and getting an image from the database; so much better when a small image is displayed when you select a flight.

Also, when monitoring my local area, I am interested in the planes I can see in the sky so it would be great if there was some method of reporting which flights were due to land at a particular airport and what their ETA is and then being able to select a plane and actually see where it is on it's flight path. To expand this, one could have not only the ETA but actual departure time and total flight time.

Passenger
    I'd like to see GMT time displayed in the window with the flight data. It'll help if you want to take a screenshot and analyze it later

Passenger
    iphone app would be super! I would pay good money for an iPhone app!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobit View Post
    I am not sure why some flights display departure and destination airports but most do not. Same is true with showing an image of the plane rather than going trhough the process of clicking the reg no of plane and getting an image from the database; so much better when a small image is displayed when you select a flight.

Also, when monitoring my local area, I am interested in the planes I can see in the sky so it would be great if there was some method of reporting which flights were due to land at a particular airport and what their ETA is and then being able to select a plane and actually see where it is on it's flight path. To expand this, one could have not only the ETA but actual departure time and total flight time.
    The routes are not sent out from the airplanes. We are getting the routes from a big database based on the planes callsign (SAS903 = ARN->EWR). The database today contains almost 15.000 routes and we are 3 persons adding new routes daily. I think that in march about 95% of the flights will show their routes.

The pictures are also show from our own archive, so if we don't have a picture, there is no picture on the page. In the future we are planning to allow users to upload their own pictures.

We don't have information about landning, ETA, flightpaths and departure times, so it's quite hard for us to implement such features.

gresiek
    So what about the GMT time feature added to the side panel?

Passenger
    Hi.'
    I'd like to suggest a couple of things:
    1. Charge the default map from terrain to street maps. They are clearer to read, and most airport runways are marked on them. I can change map myselv, but when the map updates automatically it returns to terrain map.

2. Possibility to mark an aircraft so that the map always stays centered on that aircraft.

3. Possibility to add range rings around a selected airport at the map.

GMT - We have to think about a good sollution, when we are expanding around the world, GMT is not so interesting for a user i Las Vegas or Sydney. I think that we will show a clock in the future be I can't say now how it will work.

Thanks for all suggestions. We have a long to-do list and right now we are working on optimizations and filters to only show some aicrafts/airlines/flightlevels. That will be our focus for the next 2-4 weeks.

1. We have tried different map options, and most users prefer the terrain map. But we are working on a solution that map type setting will be saved in a cookie if possible.

2. On our to-do list

3. On our to-do list

First officer
    Hi Folks,
    How about the possibility for projecting in Google Earth. Users can define what they want to see in the maps
    for them selves, personally I'm not fond of the street map, too much items on the map.
    In Google Earth it is possible to turn for North direction. Easier to locate aircraft visual. Overall a very nice site

greets jsaero (admin of acarsdserver jsaero.no-ip.info)