Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest new features on Flightradar24.com

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hi Ervins

We do not have the full route data. If someone can help us getting it, maybe we can implement it in the furture.

I think that alarms will be the next feature after filters.

How do you want to get alarms? Chat like (MSN/Skype/Google talk) or mail or SMS?
    Getting route data might be very difficult. One can get routes for the US flights on sites like Flightaware but I am not aware of similar service in Europe.

As for the alarms, I personally would like Skype or just some message box spawned by a browser (and / or a sound being played). But people and their preferences are different, so IMHO the more options there are, the better.
    This leads me to think about optional registration on the radar site and if you are registered, you can have some kind of "profile" where you could set up all those things to your preferences, as otherwise the number of options might grow to a somewhat uncomfortable level to fit into the current design.

Passenger
    Hi, this is my first post here. Great site!

This is not a feature request but rather a small request for change: I would like the route information, shown when I click a plane icon, to be moved nearer the top of list. Currently, on my laptop's small display, this information is often not visible without my having to scroll down in the box. This occurs mostly when there is a picture displayed.

Passenger
    I have another small change that came to my mind - if one clicks on the registration and gets the info page with links to the known picture sites, you could also add a link to the airfleets.net with query on particular a/c.
    And btw, thanks for the sorting in the a/c list, thats good feature.

Passenger
    It would be nice to have the option of coloring the planes according to altitude in the same way as the tails.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by gresiek View Post
    Perhaps should be "Heading" label instead of "Angle" on the information side panel.
    Gresiek : You beat me to it! Angle is not an aeronautical term in English. But while Heading is close, the correct word is Track, which describes the aircraft's actual path over the ground. The aircraft's Heading would coincide with its Track in a no-wind condition, but this rarely occurs. So pilots have to adjust their Heading into the wind to compensate for the drift produced by the wind, in order to achieve their required Track. At jet altitudes, winds over 100 miles per hour are not uncommon, and are frequently encountered along the jet streams.

Drift is maximum when the wind blows at right angles to the required Track, and minimum in an exact headwind or tailwind condition - which is again quite rare.

And a comment. Is it possible to remove those major highway/motorway/autobahn/etc. designations? It's simply a distraction - I can't see its relevance in following aircraft movements. No ATC radar in the world shows them, and no pilots use them to navigate, so can they be removed?

Viscount

Passenger
    Firstly can I say what a great website this is. Thank You very much!!!! As for improvements I too think that "Angle" should be replaced with "Heading" this should be an easy change to implement. As for routes have you tried www.oag.com they give worldwide flight routings. And finally my request - is there any way that if you click on a flight in the planes box on the right hand side the plane could be highlighted and possibly centred on the map on the left hand side, kind of a return link as opposed to the other way round? Best Regards and once again a very big THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by erv View Post
    I have another small change that came to my mind - if one clicks on the registration and gets the info page with links to the known picture sites, you could also add a link to the airfleets.net with query on particular a/c.
    And btw, thanks for the sorting in the a/c list, thats good feature.
    We would like to link to more pages like airfleets, the problem is that we don't have the link the the aircraft page on airfleets. On airliners or jetphotos we can make a search on "D-ABBR" but we cannot do the same on airfleets. If you know any other pages that contains the airplanes REG in the URL, we can look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by raol View Post
    It would be nice to have the option of coloring the planes according to altitude in the same way as the tails.
    We will take a look if it's possible, maybe in the feature. The risk is that it can be a contrast problem on the map if the planes have so many colors. The reason why we choosed yellow is because the contrast is quite good on the map.

Passenger
    About the Heading / Track thing. I will repeat what I just said in the chat:
    That information is coming from planes transponder and the question is - what it is really transmitting. I would more believe it is heading, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
    If it is track, then so be it. Either way will be more correct than Angle.

Passenger
    As for the airfleets.net - it looks like they use aircraft type (apparently generic one, like b737 means all 737's, not 737-700) and its MSN. For example this is what the link looks like for YL-BBF (737-500 with a MSN of 24878):
    http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-b737-24878.htm

Maybe you can make something out of it.