Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps should be "Heading" label instead of "Angle" on the information side panel.

Comment

Originally posted by propfreak View Post
      hi there,
      ever thought about pooling up with similar sites (but different stations) - like radarvirtuel.com? they have quite a good coverage in Spain, France as well as to the east in Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
      cheers, propfreak
      We had a discussion with radarvirtuel eralier this year and they wrote that they are not interessted in sharing data, because they can't see any benefits of having two webpages showing the same data.

Comment

Originally posted by erv View Post
        Hi Mikael and all the rest!

I am just wondering if with route we are talking just about departure/destination, or full route like EVRA SID LAPSA N623 NEKET UN616 XILAN STAR ESSA.
        If the latter would be the case, a nice feature would be for the selected aircraft to see its proposed route
        But I guess we are talking just about dep/arr here.

OK, what I am missing most, is "alarm mode" - ability to set up certain a/c registration number or callsign and get alarmed by a message box or something when that aircraft appears on any radar. Would be useful when expecting some interesting aircraft. As I am writing this, we are waiting for a Singapore Airlines Cargo 747 and 747's are rare visitors at EVRA - such a feature would help not to scan the plane list or just visually look for an a/c.

Another thing is already mentioned plane list - would be nice if it would be clickable, so you get centered on the selected plane or get some other clue where it is. Also some sort options on that list would be good.
        Hi Ervins

We do not have the full route data. If someone can help us getting it, maybe we can implement it in the furture.

I think that alarms will be the next feature after filters.

How do you want to get alarms? Chat like (MSN/Skype/Google talk) or mail or SMS?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          We had a discussion with radarvirtuel eralier this year and they wrote that they are not interessted in sharing data, because they can't see any benefits of having two webpages showing the same data.
          Hi Mike,
          Beside of that, I compared the 2 sites on my pc's. flightradar is real-time, while radarvirtuel has a delay of aboout 5-7 minutes.
          Also checked visual flights with the 2 sites.

Keep on going this way

greets
          jsaero (admin of acarsdserver jsaero.no-ip.info)

Comment

Any possibility of delaying the disappering of the "aircraft" from the map when datastream is lost ?
            On the Airnav screen we have the possibility to display such flights as "timed out"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Hi Ervins

We do not have the full route data. If someone can help us getting it, maybe we can implement it in the furture.

I think that alarms will be the next feature after filters.

How do you want to get alarms? Chat like (MSN/Skype/Google talk) or mail or SMS?
              Getting route data might be very difficult. One can get routes for the US flights on sites like Flightaware but I am not aware of similar service in Europe.

As for the alarms, I personally would like Skype or just some message box spawned by a browser (and / or a sound being played). But people and their preferences are different, so IMHO the more options there are, the better.
              This leads me to think about optional registration on the radar site and if you are registered, you can have some kind of "profile" where you could set up all those things to your preferences, as otherwise the number of options might grow to a somewhat uncomfortable level to fit into the current design.
              F-EVRA2

Comment

Hi, this is my first post here. Great site!

This is not a feature request but rather a small request for change: I would like the route information, shown when I click a plane icon, to be moved nearer the top of list. Currently, on my laptop's small display, this information is often not visible without my having to scroll down in the box. This occurs mostly when there is a picture displayed.

Comment

I have another small change that came to my mind - if one clicks on the registration and gets the info page with links to the known picture sites, you could also add a link to the airfleets.net with query on particular a/c.
                  And btw, thanks for the sorting in the a/c list, thats good feature.
                  F-EVRA2

Comment

It would be nice to have the option of coloring the planes according to altitude in the same way as the tails.

Comment

Originally posted by gresiek View Post
                      Perhaps should be "Heading" label instead of "Angle" on the information side panel.
                      Gresiek : You beat me to it! Angle is not an aeronautical term in English. But while Heading is close, the correct word is Track, which describes the aircraft's actual path over the ground. The aircraft's Heading would coincide with its Track in a no-wind condition, but this rarely occurs. So pilots have to adjust their Heading into the wind to compensate for the drift produced by the wind, in order to achieve their required Track. At jet altitudes, winds over 100 miles per hour are not uncommon, and are frequently encountered along the jet streams.

Drift is maximum when the wind blows at right angles to the required Track, and minimum in an exact headwind or tailwind condition - which is again quite rare.

And a comment. Is it possible to remove those major highway/motorway/autobahn/etc. designations? It's simply a distraction - I can't see its relevance in following aircraft movements. No ATC radar in the world shows them, and no pilots use them to navigate, so can they be removed?

Viscount

Comment

Firstly can I say what a great website this is. Thank You very much!!!! As for improvements I too think that "Angle" should be replaced with "Heading" this should be an easy change to implement. As for routes have you tried www.oag.com they give worldwide flight routings. And finally my request - is there any way that if you click on a flight in the planes box on the right hand side the plane could be highlighted and possibly centred on the map on the left hand side, kind of a return link as opposed to the other way round? Best Regards and once again a very big THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by erv View Post
                          I have another small change that came to my mind - if one clicks on the registration and gets the info page with links to the known picture sites, you could also add a link to the airfleets.net with query on particular a/c.
                          And btw, thanks for the sorting in the a/c list, thats good feature.
                          We would like to link to more pages like airfleets, the problem is that we don't have the link the the aircraft page on airfleets. On airliners or jetphotos we can make a search on "D-ABBR" but we cannot do the same on airfleets. If you know any other pages that contains the airplanes REG in the URL, we can look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by raol View Post
                            It would be nice to have the option of coloring the planes according to altitude in the same way as the tails.
                            We will take a look if it's possible, maybe in the feature. The risk is that it can be a contrast problem on the map if the planes have so many colors. The reason why we choosed yellow is because the contrast is quite good on the map.

Comment

About the Heading / Track thing. I will repeat what I just said in the chat:
                              That information is coming from planes transponder and the question is - what it is really transmitting. I would more believe it is heading, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
                              If it is track, then so be it. Either way will be more correct than Angle.
                              F-EVRA2

Comment

As for the airfleets.net - it looks like they use aircraft type (apparently generic one, like b737 means all 737's, not 737-700) and its MSN. For example this is what the link looks like for YL-BBF (737-500 with a MSN of 24878):

Maybe you can make something out of it.
                                F-EVRA2

Comment

Working...
                                X