Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
    In your fr24.sh script, are you specifying where the data stream is?

My fr24.sh looks like:

export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
    /home/pi/fr24feed_x86_242 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxxx --bs-ip=192.168.0.188 > /tmp/fr24feed.log &

Where 192.168.0.188 is the IP address of the linux box itself, so you should replace that with your box's IP on your local network. I never tried using 127.0.0.1 (which is localhost), but presumably that should also work.

But as RESSI said, also make sure that dump1090 is actually running.
    Hi Herman,

I use 127.0.0.1 since dump1090 and fr24feed are on the same box

Comment

• Originally posted by HermanZA View Post
      In your fr24.sh script, are you specifying where the data stream is?

My fr24.sh looks like:

export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
      /home/pi/fr24feed_x86_242 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxxx --bs-ip=192.168.0.188 > /tmp/fr24feed.log &

Where 192.168.0.188 is the IP address of the linux box itself, so you should replace that with your box's IP on your local network. I never tried using 127.0.0.1 (which is localhost), but presumably that should also work.

But as RESSI said, also make sure that dump1090 is actually running.
      I suspect that is his problem.
      Since he's using mint, I dare say he's using a pc/server, so likely everything is on same box, localhost works fine.

Using screen, I find is better, since you can temporarily reattach the session if you suspect there are problems (for simplicity I use -S fr24 -S 1090 etc so screen -r fr24 recalls it rather than the full session id's), for both dump1090 and fr24's stuff (and any others you feed) mines on a slackware pc (media/file server so its always on) but that might not be suitable to an RPi, hrmm, is screen even on it? spose you can install it if not.

Comment

• Dump1090 on my Pi (I have lots of options on) is using 70-85% CPU and the feeder 10-15% (210 aircraft, positional data for about 120 of them) ... I wouldn't want to mix it with anything else so I'd dedicate a Pi to the radar function. Mint I would assume would be used for media playback - the box behind the TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
          Being linux I assume you are using dump1090, is it actually running? if so, how are you running it?

copy of my /etc/rc.d/rc.adsb script that starts everything from rc.M (or your systems equiv startup calls): http://members.ausics.net/noelb/rc.adsb
          Thank you for your help, everything is fine now, I didn't run your script yet. but this script helping me if accidentally power off or I reboot system, ruining automatically everything without need to use commands again?

by the way i didn't find /etc/rc.d/ just find /etc/rc0.d and rc1.d, rc2.d, rc3.d which one did you mean?
          Last edited by RelativeCode; 2014-08-15, 23:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by RelativeCode View Post
            Thank you for your help, everything is fine now, I didn't run your script yet. but this script helping me if accidentally power off or I reboot system, ruining automatically everything without need to use commands again?

by the way i didn't find /etc/rc.d/ just find /etc/rc0.d and rc1.d, rc2.d, rc3.d which one did you mean?
            The script is for slackware based systems, you'd need to have it called from /etc/init.d for debian based systems, which IIRC mint is, if it's redhat based, you might need to modify it for "service" if /etc/init.d doesnt exist, beena long time since I've used either of em, but of course you could just call it from /path/to/rc.local as

su -c "/etc/rc.d/rc.adsb start" root

(you do not need the su wrapped bit, however doing it this way means you can re-attach the session after a reboot, otherwise you might strangely as it seems, be unable to locate any sessions, requiring a shell based stop and start, which kinda defeats the purpose)

and yes, this re-starts from any reboot, it's a set-and-forget thing

Comment

• Hello,

my feeder worked fine until 21 august, now I get this:

Code:
              [i]FR24Feed v242 - built on Apr 23 2014/09:49:17
              [i]Downloading configuration...ERROR

And cannot resolve it

I'm running my ads-b on ODROID-U3

P.S. Solved problem by itself )))
              Last edited by Dauren; 2014-09-11, 03:19.
              F-UAAR1 T-UAAR3

Comment

• Hi,

I would like to run the data feeder on my Mac Mini running Ubuntu. The Mac Mini has a G4 processor so I would need a PPC (PowerPC) version of the feeder software.

Comment

• Originally posted by colourimagine
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]4850[/ATTACH]
                  Hi Mr Peterhr
                  Would you like to show me that how to realize the description on the picture please. If you can send me an email will be appreciated !(colourimagine@163.com)
                  Thank you!
                  Nope, don't know - I don't have a flightaware box, so can't try it

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    Nope, don't know - I don't have a flightaware box, so can't try it
                    QQ图片20141007204527.jpg
                    Flightaware box output RAW data to the Planeplotter use Ip port 30005, Is there any way to decode the RAW data then feed to FR24? Can I use the Flightradar24 decoder/feeder BETA testing (RPi) ? And how to write command in this case?
                    Thanks!

Comment

• I'm using "fr24feed_arm-le_242s" to feed data to FR24. I noticed that this version is slowly spawning zombie bash sessions.
                      When I first noticed, there were around 200 zombie bash sessions under "fr24" program accumulated in a day. They all dissappear when feeder is terminated. Before upgrading I used "224s" version, which never did this and could be left unattended for ever.
                      http://i.imgur.com/1TfibZi.png
                      Last edited by x-f; 2014-10-07, 18:39. Reason: corrected previously used fr24feed version

Comment

• If you are running on Raspberry Pi, there is a Pi specific feeder that doesn't do this.

Also be sure to upgrade Dump1090 especially if you are near an airport ... there ahve been patches for ground traffic reporting as well as other issues.

Comment

• This is another ARM device, however I'm aware of the new RPi feeder, but I would not want to use a specific FR24 decoder, if I want to share the data to other sites as well.
                          My dump1090 is up to date.

Comment

• Originally posted by x-f View Post
                            This is another ARM device, however I'm aware of the new RPi feeder, but I would not want to use a specific FR24 decoder, if I want to share the data to other sites as well.
                            My dump1090 is up to date.
                            I mean there is a Pi specific version of the Arm feeder that links to dump1090 - specifically built to prevent the spawning of zombies ... it might be worth trying.

I'm using the Pi version alongside the FlightAware feeder.

Comment

• Sorry, I misunderstood you earlier, Peter. I found the "fr24feed_arm-rpi_242" version, over the night it has been working fine, and will probably continue to do so, without zombies.
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Early next week the new Windows and Linux software will be published live. We will then close this thread and start new feeder threads.

Comment

Working...
                                X