No announcement yet.

Aircraft contrails........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of photos of Kalitta Air 747 freighter (flight K4329) - New York (Newark) to Liege - reg. no: N792CK - at 600knots/35000ft - above north coast of Anglesey, Wales on 7/12/11 (data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2011-12-21, 10:46.

Comment

Two from today:

World Airways (CMB0498) - MD11 (N269WA) - at 550knots/35000ft:

.....and Turkish Airlines (THY8) - A340 (TC-JDJ) - Washington to Istanbul - at 525knots/37000ft above north coast of Anglesey (all data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2012-01-07, 18:30.

Comment

Photo from this evening.
        EL AL (ELY842) freighter - reg. no 4X-ELF - at 515knots/35000ft (data from fr24):

Comment

United Airlines (UAL934)777 - reg.no N784UA - at 510knots/37000ft above north Anglesey, Wales on 12/1/12(data from fr24):

Comment

Incredibly detailed image you managed to capture at 37,000 feet.

The first thing that pops into peoples head when it is a blue clear sky is nice weather, get the car washed. For me it is let's get the camera out.

Comment

Originally posted by photons View Post
              Incredibly detailed image you managed to capture at 37,000 feet.

The first thing that pops into peoples head when it is a blue clear sky is nice weather, get the car washed. For me it is let's get the camera out.
              I agree!
              Here is one from this morning.
              QTR084(A7-BAL) - New York to Doha - passing over at 490knots/33000ft (data from fr24):

Comment

Nice one (again).

Thanks for sharing.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                  Nice one (again).

Thanks for sharing.
                  Hi Anmer,

Here is one from late afternoon of 15/1/12 as the light was beginning to go.
                  Russian owned 747 freighter (AirBridge Cargo Airlines) - ABW702 (VP-BIK) - at 460knots/35000 ft - Chicago to Amsterdam (data from fr24):

Comment

One from 14/1/12.

VIR8(G-VOGE) - Los Angeles to London - at 430knots/39000ft (data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2012-01-25, 16:05.

Comment

hello mike ive got a cannon 40d with a 100/400 5.6 cant seem to get as good a shot . what camera settings do you use for taking ur shots
                      regards mick

Comment

Originally posted by mick50 View Post
                        hello mike ive got a cannon 40d with a 100/400 5.6 cant seem to get as good a shot . what camera settings do you use for taking ur shots
                        regards mick
                        Hi mick,
                        I'm surprised that you are not getting excellent results with the 100-400L which is supposed to be a very good lens.
                        But I think its IS is of the older type equal to only 2 stops.
                        So despite it having IS and because the image size is so small I think you probably still need to rest it on some support.
                        The G-VOGE photo used the following settings: AE, 1/800, F8, -1 and 200 ISO. The faster the better.
                        Hope this helps!
                        Rgds
                        Mike

Comment

MD-11 tri-jet from this morning.

Lufthansa Cargo GEC8189 (D-ALCM) - Chicago to Frankfurt - at 33000ft/450knots above north Anglesey (data from fr24):

Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2012-02-01, 14:16.

Comment

I have to say. I find these contrail pictures particularly inspiring. Too often I've looked up to see some amazing multiple trails, but always seem to have bagfuls of heavy shopping, rather than the Nikon (atleast thats my excuse) But I must definitely have a go.
                            Where's the profit in world peace? Or a cure for the common cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldfynche View Post
                              I have to say. I find these contrail pictures particularly inspiring. Too often I've looked up to see some amazing multiple trails, but always seem to have bagfuls of heavy shopping, rather than the Nikon (atleast thats my excuse) But I must definitely have a go.
                              Here are some more from this morning:

...and these two shots in sequence:

Comment

Mike - Very impressed with your pictures. I'm a big fan of contrails and right now the weather is perfect for contrails due to the very cold conditions.

Comment

Working...
                                X