No announcement yet.

Aircraft contrails........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're taken from North Anglesey, which is an island in the north west corner of Wales:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Photo sequence from yesterday morning.
      British Airways (flight BA48) - Seattle/Tacoma to London (Heathrow) - reg. no: G-CIVM - overtakes unknown flier at 490knots/33000ft above north Anglesey, Wales (data from fr24):

Comment

Hi Mike.

Great photos, the unidentified aircraft is a Ryan International 767.

Here is a screenshot of the BA 747 passing underneath at FL330, the 767 is at FL370 but looking at your photos it looks much closer than 4000 ft.

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-11-24, 19:14.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
          Hi Mike.

Great photos, the unidentified aircraft is a Ryan International 767.

Here is a screenshot of the BA 747 passing underneath at FL330, the 767 is at FL370 but looking at your photos it looks much closer than 4000 ft.

Hi Speedbird
          Many thanks for the info.
          I did not have my computer with me when I took these photos near Cemaes - I got my BA 747 data from fr24 about 5minutes earlier as she crossed north of Dublin!
          Altitudes don't normally vary much except on approach landing.
          Rgds
          Mike

PS: Maybe you could explain how you can get historical data from fr24!
          Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2011-11-25, 09:39.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic. I try to capture flight on my HD camcorder with 25 x zoom. But it only captures very vague pictures with some noticeable livery colour. You must be using a tripod with a very high shutter speed to come up with those results.
            Flightradar24.com, a clear sky and you SLR must be the best home entertainment ever, and to get those results at such a high and unforgiving altitude is remarkable.
            Anglesey receives a good portion of the both eastbound and west traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by photons View Post
              Absolutely fantastic. I try to capture flight on my HD camcorder with 25 x zoom. But it only captures very vague pictures with some noticeable livery colour. You must be using a tripod with a very high shutter speed to come up with those results.
              Flightradar24.com, a clear sky and you SLR must be the best home entertainment ever, and to get those results at such a high and unforgiving altitude is remarkable.
              Anglesey receives a good portion of the both eastbound and west traffic.
              It is difficult as the image is small and you have to get it on one of the camera's AF points - many of my shots are rejects.
              A good steady tripod is necessary - I use an old surveyors tripod - together with a pan/tilt head.
              But thanks to flightradar you can at last identify the air traffic above.
              Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2011-11-25, 17:27.

Comment

Hi Mike.

To get historical data use Flightradar's database: http://data.flight24.com/ that is how i found http://data.flight24.com/flights/ba48/

Then using playback on the Radar track the flight http://www.flightradar24.com/2011-11-22/10:14/BAW48

Comment

Speedbird - much obliged for your help.
                  Rgds
                  Mike
                  Last edited by Mike Griffiths; 2011-11-25, 17:30.

Comment

It's an incredibly interesting feature the playback. You can track your favourite aircraft by entering it's registration and will either show it's position live or previous flights. A particular call sign/ flight number etc.

I'm a pretty frequent flyer (15 return flights from dec 2010- dec 2011 (clocked 25,000 miles last 12 months already) of countries all over north/south europe) and on occasions I take my HD camera to record interesting landmarks/air to air/mountains. Therefore the playback feature becomes particularly useful for retrieving registrations, the route altitude speed/etc and information for my youtube videos.
                    It is also rather than neat and funny to watch your own aircraft takeoff off and cruise over areas you had know idea you flew over. It's like wow, I actually flew over my sister's house in east anglia in lttle over 20 minutes of departure.
                    Last edited by photons; 2011-11-25, 18:15.

Comment

KLM (flight KL692) - Toronto to Amsterdam - reg.no: PH-BFG - at 520knots/39000ft above north Anglesey, Wales on 22/11/11 (data from fr24):

Comment

Cargolux contrails nearly merge with Jet Airways contrails.

This is a mind boggling photo.

Close encounter above PRG with Jet Airways A340-313X VT-JWA (flight 121 from London to Dehli at FL330). Cargolux (flight 749 from Baku to Lux at FL340). [Nikon D70 + Nikkor MF500/4P] (1/2) - Photo taken at Prague [OFF AIRPORT] in Czech Republic on January 28, 2006.

I like this one of a Royal Jordan A340
                        © M.Sil.
                        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-12-26, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Griffiths View Post
                          KLM (flight KL692) - Toronto to Amsterdam - reg.no: PH-BFG - at 520knots/39000ft above north Anglesey, Wales on 22/11/11 (data from fr24):
                          Note that this KLM 747 on your photo is actually PH-BFH, not BFG.
                          One day in summer this year I was doing some telescope spotting over my home city. I saw PH-BFG on Flightradar approaching my location but when I took a photo of an actual plane it appeared to be BFH. It was strange but after several days I noticed PH-BFH on Flightradar and the photo showed it was actually BFG.

I wonder if the problem still persists. Unfortunately I did not make any screenshots of radar screen on that days and now it is too dark to photograph KLM 744s over my home (I have flights KLM896 and KLM892 going above me at about 6 pm).
                          It would be great if someone could follow these specific airframes and check if Flightradar identifies them correctly.
                          Last edited by bushman787; 2011-12-13, 06:42.

Comment

Thanks for the notifications which have not yet been shown on this thread.
                            To recap:
                            I've looked at an enlargement of the frame and I think you are correct that PH-BFG is transmitting incorrect PH-BFH data.
                            Problem lies with KLM management - fr24 only show what is transmitted.
                            I wonder how long will it take for KLM to take corrective action?

Comment

PH-BFG is (incorrectly) using hex code 484007 instead of 484006 and has been since 2005!
                              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Anmer View Post
                                PH-BFG is (incorrectly) using hex code 484007 instead of 484006 and has been since 2005!
                                Since 2005 - that is very surprising indeed.
                                Are there other planes also transmitting wrong ID?

Comment

Working...
                                X