RPi + SBS-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys,

First of all, thanks a lot for the help. Due to some real life issues (exams coming up for my job), I'll continue to feed using a DVB-T stick for a while. However, when I have time, I'll return to testing the SBS-3, in order to try and provide a definitive solution.
    Bolivian, I'll have a look at the software version, and take your advice (especially the parts in bold) into account.

Comment

Hi Kriva,

After a long time my problems with the SBS-3 and RPi are solved...
      Muazzam from FR24 tried with the same equipment and got the same error i had.
      He send me a new compiled file for RPi and all went OK now...

If you would like to have it, let me know...

Kind regards, Ken
      EBAW3
      Ken
      Near EBAW

Comment

i had the same problem since one year, the new versions of fr24feed (1.0.18....) do not work with rpi and sbs3.
        i am using the 1.0.16-10. this version is working fine. DOWNLOAD

... and yes i am interested in a new compiled version 1.0.18.... that is working.

tnx in advance
        Last edited by LOWL1; 2017-05-19, 12:59.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWL1 View Post
          i had the same problem since one year, the new versions of fr24feed (1.0.18....) do not work with rpi and sbs3.
          i am using the 1.0.16-10. this version is working fine. DOWNLOAD

... and yes i am interested in a new compiled version 1.0.18.... that is working.

tnx in advance

The version i run has still some serious errors... after a while i get "Segmentation errors"
          I'll try next week with another SD card...
          Ken
          Near EBAW

Comment

ok, then try the version i have linked above.
            it will work!

Comment

Have a look here. It is different from what you are discussing, but may contain some help/tip:

HOW TO FEED BASESTATION ON WINDOWS FROM DUMP1090-MUTABILITY ON RPI

Comment

I installed the version you mentioned...
                Still having the same probems...
                After a short while it disconnects from my SBS-3 or getting segmentation errors.
                Wich version of Raspbian do you use?
                Ken
                Near EBAW

Comment

i am using rpi-3 und raspbian stretch (updated from jessie), all is working finde.
                  maybe a problem with your powersource at sbs or pi?
                  i have switched to RTL-SDR NooElec and i have nearly the same reception.

Comment

i am using rpi-3 und raspbian stretch (updated from jessie), all is working finde.
                    maybe a problem with your powersource at sbs or pi?
                    i have switched to RTL-SDR NooElec and i have nearly the same reception.
                    To test i made a connection to SBS-3 with Basestation via network and it's running now for more than 5 hours continiously.
                    The RPI has a powersupply of 2.5A and is also running for the same ammount of time.

I had contact with Muazzam of FR24 and they are working on a new version.
                    He tested with the same equipment ang had the same problems as i.

But because it runs perfect at yours i like to have it working to...
                    I tried to insqtall Wheezy but it don't run on a RPI3.
                    Ken
                    Near EBAW

Comment

maybe try a clean install of raspbian jessie then install 1.0.16-10 fr24feed.
                      i had connected sbs3 via TCP to rpi3.
                      you can look at top or apt-get install htop
                      maybe your cpu or mem is to low, but maybe powersupply to sbs3?
                      if you have connected pi and sbs with usb, try TCP and power both seperatly

Comment

maybe try a clean install of raspbian jessie then install 1.0.16-10 fr24feed.
                        i had connected sbs3 via TCP to rpi3.
                        you can look at top or apt-get install htop
                        maybe your cpu or mem is to low, but maybe powersupply to sbs3?
                        if you have connected pi and sbs with usb, try TCP and power both seperatly
                        Mine is also connected via TCP.
                        I have a separate powersupply for both.

Would it be an option to install Noobs?

Tnx, Koen
                        Ken
                        Near EBAW

Comment

i've installed via noobs

Comment

Hi LOWL1,

I did a complete new install with Jessie and FR24 version fr24feed_1.0.16-10_armhf.deb

But with no Luck... same problems after prox. 10 minutes.

Then i tried with selecting SBS1 (but i have a SBS-3)...

It's now running almost more than 8 hours... without problems.
                            Ken
                            Near EBAW

Comment

Originally posted by koro View Post
                              Hi LOWL1,

I did a complete new install with Jessie and FR24 version fr24feed_1.0.16-10_armhf.deb

But with no Luck... same problems after prox. 10 minutes.

Then i tried with selecting SBS1 (but i have a SBS-3)...

It's now running almost more than 8 hours... without problems.
                              Was to exited... it stopped working at 08:18h
                              Ken
                              Near EBAW

Comment

-.- if it stops, what do you have to do at least?
                                only restart feeder? pi? sbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X