Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fr24feed test build for SBSX receivers, RPI only!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fr24feed test build for SBSX receivers, RPI only!

Hi,

We have a test build that should now work properly with SBSX receivers which the current version doesn't. Those who have raspberry pis and sbsx receivers, please test it out and let us know if everything is OK so that we can release it. Windows build not available yet.

.deb: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K...JrRnVFdkE/view

.tgz: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2K...lXclB6YUE/view
    --

Hi,
    I confirm that the current version for Windows 1.0.18-9 and SBS-1 absolutely does not work.
    I spent 2 days testing everything, to understand that FR24feed was bugged.
    I hope the Windows version will soon be available.

Best regards.
    Jacky

Comment

Originally posted by JackyNiew View Post
      Hi,
      I confirm that the current version for Windows 1.0.18-9 and SBS-1 absolutely does not work.
      I spent 2 days testing everything, to understand that FR24feed was bugged.
      I hope the Windows version will soon be available.

Best regards.
      Jacky
      Yes, that is correct. The current one doesn't work, that's why this new test build to make sure it's working properly for everyone. If it's working for people then will have windows version done as well.
      --

Comment

Those who have raspberry pis and sbsx receivers, please test it out and let us know if everything is OK so that we can release it. Windows build not available yet. as soon as the windows built is available ill be happy to test it.

Donnie
        Last edited by b772er; 2017-10-17, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by b772er View Post
          Those who have raspberry pis and sbsx receivers, please test it out and let us know if everything is OK so that we can release it. Windows build not available yet. as soon as the windows built is available ill be happy to test it.

Donnie
          Hello,
          I expect the Windows SBSx version to test it, and give the results of this test.
          I hope this new Windows version will come out very fast.
          I will also build a receiver from an RPI, but I do not have all the hardware yet. It is for this reason that I can not yet test this new version RPI.

Best regards,
          Jacky

Comment

Hello,
            I expect the Windows SBSx version to test it, and give the results of this test.
            I hope this new Windows version will come out very fast.
            I will also build a receiver from an RPI, but I do not have all the hardware yet. It is for this reason that I can not yet test this new version RPI.

Best regards,
            Jacky
            Hello,

I received the USB key (Flightaware-Plus with filter)
            So I am ready to build my receiver from a Raspberry pi 2.
            But I am a little lost on the right file to use for FR24 - RPI.
            I do not see any feedback on the RPI test file of our friend "Khan".
            I would like to stay on the Jessie Raspbian OS.
            Is there a clear procedure to install all that is needed, and correctly start my receiver FR24-RPI is launch my share with FR24 ???

Thanks for an answer.
            Jacky

Comment

Hello,

I received the USB key (Flightaware-Plus with filter)
              So I am ready to build my receiver from a Raspberry pi 2.
              But I am a little lost on the right file to use for FR24 - RPI.
              I do not see any feedback on the RPI test file of our friend "Khan".
              I would like to stay on the Jessie Raspbian OS.
              Is there a clear procedure to install all that is needed, and correctly start my receiver FR24-RPI is launch my share with FR24 ???

Thanks for an answer.
              Jacky
              It's works fine for me. The reason why I posted it here was for others to test it out to see if it's giving anyone any problems. So far haven't seen any replies so I assume it must be working. Either that or no one has tried it yet. Will give it a few more days and then release it.

I checked it on Jessie as well and it works. I would suggest to wait till it's released on to the site. Setup is the same as any other receiver. All you have to do is select the correct receiver type while selecting your receiver (Step 4.1)
              --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
                It's works fine for me. The reason why I posted it here was for others to test it out to see if it's giving anyone any problems. So far haven't seen any replies so I assume it must be working. Either that or no one has tried it yet. Will give it a few more days and then release it.

I checked it on Jessie as well and it works. I would suggest to wait till it's released on to the site. Setup is the same as any other receiver. All you have to do is select the correct receiver type while selecting your receiver (Step 4.1)
                Ok Khan and thank you for your answer.
                You tell me: "select the correct receiver type while selecting your receiver (Step 4.1)"
                From what installation procedure ???
                Because I am a little lost in the correct RPI installation procedure to use.
                Thank you.
                Jacky
                EDIT: is this image for RPI valid ??? I can not post link yet, so not easy ... [fr24-raspberry-pi-latest.img]
                Last edited by JackyNiew; 2017-10-23, 14:38.

Comment

Ok Khan and thank you for your answer.
                  You tell me: "select the correct receiver type while selecting your receiver (Step 4.1)"
                  From what installation procedure ???
                  Because I am a little lost in the correct RPI installation procedure to use.
                  Thank you.
                  Jacky
                  EDIT: is this image for RPI valid ??? I can not post link yet, so not easy ... [fr24-raspberry-pi-latest.img]
                  NO, that's with the old version of the feeder software which doesn't work with SBS receivers. But you can use that and install the new version onto it. But right now if you were to download the image then it already have the feeder software installed and all you need to do is run this command to start setup process on your PI: sudo fr24feed --signup.
                  --

Comment

NO, that's with the old version of the feeder software which doesn't work with SBS receivers. But you can use that and install the new version onto it. But right now if you were to download the image then it already have the feeder software installed and all you need to do is run this command to start setup process on your PI: sudo fr24feed --signup.
                    So to summarize:
                    I install the image "fr24-raspberry-pi-latest.img"
                    I update with the file you offer in "test".
                    Then I run the "setup" with the command "sudo fr24feed"
                    It is correct ???

I do not want to use SBS because I have to leave a PC running 24/24. That's why I take the RPI solution...

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Actually you can use any raspberry pi image. You could use a GUI based version to make things easier. You can then download the test build and copy it there and install it. The command is sudo fr24feed --signup.

But you will have to use a receiver with your raspberry pi. Only running raspberry pi won't work. You have to use your SBS or any other receiver that you have.
                      --

Comment

Yes, that is correct. Actually you can use any raspberry pi image. You could use a GUI based version to make things easier. You can then download the test build and copy it there and install it. The command is sudo fr24feed --signup.

But you will have to use a receiver with your raspberry pi. Only running raspberry pi won't work. You have to use your SBS or any other receiver that you have.
                        So I did not really understand.
                        I thought you had designed a complete receiver with the RPI + The usb key (FlightAware plus) And so I could do without the use of SBS and FR24feed software...

Comment

So I did not really understand.
                          I thought you had designed a complete receiver with the RPI + The usb key (FlightAware plus) And so I could do without the use of SBS and FR24feed software...
                          I am also confused now. Do you have a raspberry pi and a receiver? Or are you referring to FR24 receiver here?
                          --

Comment

I am also confused now. Do you have a raspberry pi and a receiver? Or are you referring to FR24 receiver here?
                            I am sorry,
                            I have a Raspberry pi 2B and a USB key (FlightAware plus with filter)
                            And I would like to have the installation procedure to be fully functional with this receiver RPI + USB key and no longer use the SBS that requires me to have a PC open 24/24.

Comment

I am sorry,
                              I have a Raspberry pi 2B and a USB key (FlightAware plus with filter)
                              And I would like to have the installation procedure to be fully functional with this receiver RPI + USB key and no longer use the SBS that requires me to have a PC open 24/24.
                              Oh OK. In that case just follow the instructions on build your own page and everything will work fine. Pi24 image works fine with the said usb receiver that you have.

This build that I have posted here is for SBS users. Since you have flightaware's usb receiver, you can ignore this build.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X