Clear All

Very Nice indead

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    This feature has been live for about 25 hours
    How nice !!!
    Good work !!!
    Best regards
    Ulf , scanhorse
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
    http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

The ability to connect directly with a scanner Flightradar24 from software would be an asset. Like this, you can choose from a list of scanners that will listen, according to different countries.
      Where a partnership between Flightradar24 and Atc Live to directly select the radio source.

Comment

This is a great website. It is the only site i could find which provides LIVE radar for Sydney Kingsford Smith (YSSY). Really Really great!!!
        Although too bad that about half or more flight arent equipped with ADS-B transponder and so doesnt register on the radar

Comment

As fair as I know, redistributing radio is illegal in most countries. So Flightradar24.com will not do any connections to any radio-sites.

Comment

Originally posted by quintrix View Post
            I think that a good feature will be "24h history viewer". It should provide possibility to watch past flights from the last 24h. I mean, user is enter or choose an specific hour and radar shows airplane situation at that moment of time with all information after clicking on the specific plane. It will be very usefull when you have no access to the computer and you have notice an interesting event on the sky. With this history you can check what it was after returning home. I think that extremespotters also will be greatful
            Besides this - you are doing great work guys
            Id´d love a "history" feauture as well - say for the past 24 hours. I ´m allways interested in knowing what the exact route was, when I´ve been on a flight.
            And beeing my first post I´d like to thank you guys for all the work you put into this !

Comment

Lets all keep out feet on the ground....This is an excellent site we are all agreed !!!! It is very well run by some very dedicated people who do a lot of work to keep what we already have up and going FOR FREE...lets not get too demanding M50

Comment

Newbie here, who actually did read the "About" and the FAQ, and therefore knows better than to ask this or that...

But one thing that would be handy (and probably cut down on the questions quite alot) would be (semi-)static map with rough outlines of which areas flightradar24.com presently covers. [ETA: Of course it would be even better if it would show which receivers are active IRT, but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good]

Right now you can sort-of guess at this from looking at which airports are marked on the map, but it is not exactly intuitive to the new user (or casual visitor who quickly wants to check in to see if new receivers have been added).

I haven't searched very hard, but I am guessing that somewhere here on the forum I could probably find a list of where all the receivers are (or a thread about), but finding this info quickly and in one place (and preferably on a map!) would be really nice.

To the people who want a history-feature: sure, that would be great, but have you thought about how such a thing could be done? This site does a very good job of feeding real-time info onto a map (+ some really nice correlations to data about known airplanes), it is not a repository for screengrabs. Maybe someone who really want this feature could build a site that does that?
                Last edited by Aspsusa; 2010-04-19, 07:24.

Comment

More users, more Reg and log in

Hi
                  As the FR24 is booming I suggest better reg and log in for chat and forum !

Ulf , scanhorse
                  http://www.airliners.net/aviation-news/ http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/?JavaScript=1&search=air
                  http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=EKCH
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXYBh_ut-fo&feature ...düüüse Im Sauseschritt

Comment

I am not sure if this has been requested before - but an iPhone App would be very much appriciated. Or maybe a version of the site that is userfriendly on an iPhone. At the moment at site is almost impossible to use on this platform...

Comment

iPhone App

Originally posted by Evolv5
                      I believe an iPhone app is currently being beta tested.
                      Great news

I would be happy to help testing it....

Comment

Would it be possible to add an overlay of air routes i.e. an air route chart as an extra selection between the map images to the main page?
                        vololiberista

Comment

STARs and SIDs on the map

Dear Mike,

you did a very good job. Will there be a possibility in the future to put some layers on the map. It would be very nice for example if I can see some airport charts. Like STARs or SIDs.

Thank you for your info.

Best regards Petr

Comment

Hi... perhaps a pause button would be useful.

Now after 15 minutes of inactivity you have to reload the page. It would be easier if you could also pause the updating manually for a much longer period without having to reload the page.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by vololiberista View Post
                              Would it be possible to add an overlay of air routes i.e. an air route chart as an extra selection between the map images to the main page?
                              vololiberista
                              Originally posted by PBily View Post
                              Dear Mike,

you did a very good job. Will there be a possibility in the future to put some layers on the map. It would be very nice for example if I can see some airport charts. Like STARs or SIDs.

Thank you for your info.

Best regards Petr
                              We don't have this kind of data so it's quite hard

Comment

Originally posted by derob View Post
                                Hi... perhaps a pause button would be useful.

Now after 15 minutes of inactivity you have to reload the page. It would be easier if you could also pause the updating manually for a much longer period without having to reload the page.

Cheers!
                                Google Maps is eating memory, so you have to reload the page once every 15-60 minutes (depending on OS/CPU/Memory), to flush the used memory when using ajax with Google Maps.
                                Due to the extreme traffic and high server loads, we have to stop updating after 10 minutes of inactivity to minimize load and traffic.

Comment

Working...
                                X