Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24Feed Not Connecting to SBS1 on USB

Hi All,
    I've been offline for a while as I've not had time to investigate the issues.
    This last week I decided it was time to start trying to feed again, so downloaded the latest version of FR24Feeder (v1.0.18-9) for Windows, deleted the .ini file to start a fresh setup and filled in the required info on initial start up.
    Saved the .ini file and restarted FR24Feeder but couldn't get it to connect to my SBS1 via USB. Basestation connects fine using USB but with Basestation closed and nothing else accessing the COM port the SBS1 is on, FR24Feeder just shows "cannot connect to receiver".
    I reverted to connecting through Basestation, using 127.0.0.1:3006 and that seemed to work, but it didn't look right. I had the two green icons on the FR24Feeder and the software said it was connected to Basestation but it only reported ping data in the feed, no aircraft.

Cut a long story short; I messed around with it for a few days, searched this forum for ideas where I saw a note in the FR24Feeder FAQ for the SBS family "May '16 - Possible issue with 18-5 release and not reading SBS data as expected below. Older releases appear OK". So I went back to my previous version of FR24Feeder (v1.0.16-11) and tried that, connected to the SBS1 via USB first go and uploading aircraft data again.

So, it looks like the current Windows version of FR24Feeder still isn't connecting to the USB port for the SBS1, or via Basestation on port 30006. I don't know about the SBS1-ER or SBS3 as I don't have either of those.
    If it helps; my PC is running Windows 10 64bit.
    Oh, one other thing I noticed when trying to setup using Basestation - In the FR24Feeder settings I specified Host/IP: localhost:30006. When FR24feeder started it converted "localhost" to IP 1.0.0.127, when I specified 127.0.01:30006 in the config it connected to Basestation. So for some reason it's looking for the reverse of the correct IP address.

I hope this help with solving this issue and if anyone needs any other info, or you want me to try anything then let me know.

Cheers, Martin.

Originally posted by Hebwx View Post
    Cut a long story short; I messed around with it for a few days, searched this forum for ideas where I saw a note in the FR24Feeder FAQ for the SBS family "May '16 - Possible issue with 18-5 release and not reading SBS data as expected below. Older releases appear OK". So I went back to my previous version of FR24Feeder (v1.0.16-11) and tried that, connected to the SBS1 via USB first go and uploading aircraft data again.
    Hey, the system works At least my dribble wasn't in vein

Not an owner myself, I believe 30006 is the propriety binary format - planeplotter is one of the few apps that can read it direct. 30003 is the downstream basic output that most other stuff can tap into.
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-07-10, 01:58.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Rest assured, your dribble was very useful.

I went for 30006 as that's what was in the FAQ:
      Requires Basestation to be open and running before FR24feed launched as below:

Configure FR24feed for "SBSx via Basestation (localhost:30006)" or via LAN
      Disable SBS relay
      localhost:30006 (or IP of pc running basestation)
      Close FR24feed

Open Basestation software
      Launch FR24feed
      Although I think I tried 30003 & 30334 with no resolution, other than they didn't connect.

Anyway, it still seems to be uploading so I'll leave it as it for now. I can't see my stats at the moment as my account is still at Basic cos I haven't been uploading for so long.

Comment

I may need to reword. But I think the latest versions just plain don't understand 30006

The other 2 ports are clogged if you enable the 2 output streams in the config and have something else outputting. More designed for connecting direct to hardware then sending the data further down the line for other apps. But people forget baseststion and others already open those by default and turn them on without considering (dump1090 too)

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
        X