Change dongle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change dongle

I've been feeding Flightradar24 for just over 3 months without issue. My setup is:

Raspbery Pi3

RTL1090 usb receiver (blue)

Radar rama 100 antenna ( located in the roof space of my garage.

I'm looking to increase my range without moving the antenna, to that end I am considering buying the flightaware pro usb receiver. My question is, would this be a straight swap with my existing receiver or would I need to change anything else in my feeder software?
    T-EGNJ48 Raspberry Pi3, Flightaware yellow stick/filter and Radar-Rama antenna
    Based in North Lincolnshire England

Its simple just power off change dongle and power up again. If you don't like it change back again.
    For ideal results you will probably have to adjust the gain. This is a simple file edit but cant remember how to do this in Floghtradar24 at the moment.
    The FA dongle has a different connector on it (SMA) so you will need take care of that probably by buying a new pigtail from ebay/amazon.
    Last edited by boab; 2016-09-03, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by boab View Post
      Its simple just power off change dongle and power up again. If you don't like it change back again.
      For ideal results you will probably have to adjust the gain. This is a simple file edit but cant remember how to do this in Floghtradar24 at the moment.
      The FA dongle has a different connector on it (SMA) so you will need take care of that probably by buying a new pigtail from ebay/amazon.
      Thats great, I know I need a BNC female to connect to my antenna, is the flightaware sma male or female please?
      T-EGNJ48 Raspberry Pi3, Flightaware yellow stick/filter and Radar-Rama antenna
      Based in North Lincolnshire England

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnshire Poacher View Post
        is the flightaware sma male or female please?
        The Pro Stick has a female SMA connector.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

As Anmer said female socket on the FA dongle. Be aware that WiFi cables are all Reverse Polarity (RP) SMA connectors. So if advert mentions WiFi or RP SMA DON'T buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnshire Poacher View Post
            I've been feeding Flightradar24 for just over 3 months without issue. My setup is:

Raspbery Pi3

RTL1090 usb receiver (blue)

Radar rama 100 antenna ( located in the roof space of my garage.

I'm looking to increase my range without moving the antenna, to that end I am considering buying the flightaware pro usb receiver. My question is, would this be a straight swap with my existing receiver or would I need to change anything else in my feeder software?
            I did this with my OGN tracker that runs on a RPi-3 (the setup is very similar to the FR setup) and it was a straight swap (other than the different antenna connector), I needed to tweak the gain to optimise things but got a great improvement, however on my PP box that is running Win-7 it is not so straight forward, the dongle is not recognised initially and you need to re-run the Zadig setup to re-install the drivers.
            FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Working...
            X