No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In either case, what I was getting at - Those with the PC app, are working with output data only after it has been hacked at by the hardware, then sent to capturing software after has done it's work decoding. And then re-processed it into a text format for the app to capture. And then sent it out an internal hosting service for capture on 30003...

F-... decode, bundle with time stamp.. send.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      In either case, what I was getting at - Those with the PC app, are working with output data only after it has been hacked at by the hardware, then sent to capturing software after has done it's work decoding. And then re-processed it into a text format for the app to capture. And then sent it out an internal hosting service for capture on 30003...

F-... decode, bundle with time stamp.. send.
      A plane transmits two data packets a second, and even a slow receiver is going to decode all the packets within antenna range [as long as it doesn't run out of CPU] before the next lot comes in.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Thanks for your input David. As I wrote last error report in the thread is 25 May. This has been fixed.
      There is not a single error report after that. We cannot fix something that hasn't been reported.

Aircraft shown on map

I have tried to explain this several times, and I really don't know how to explain this. I will make
      another try. Lets assume we have 5 feeders in London. L1 L2 L3 L4 L5.

All 5 feeders sees BAW123 and uploads the aircraft to the server

L1 uploads at 12:34:50 and database is updated with L1 data + L1 radar code.
      L2 uploads at 12:34:51 and database is updated with L2 data + L2 radar code.
      L3 uploads at 12:34:52 and database is updated with L3 data + L3 radar code.
      L4 uploads at 12:34:53 and database is updated with L4 data + L4 radar code.
      L5 uploads at 12:34:54 and database is updated with L5 data + L5 radar code.

The data feed for FR24 www is generated at 12:34:54
      As L5 was the last one to send data before the feed was generated he will appear as "Radar" if you click on BAW123.
      The DOES NOT mean L1, L2, L3, L4 are broken, not feeding or have a software error. An aircraft can only be assigned
      to one feeder - the latest one. If your filter on L3, BAW123 will no be shown, as BAW123 is assigned to L5 right now.
      But once again, it doesn't mean it's something wrong with L3. This time the aircraft was last uploaded by L5, next
      time it might be L1, or L3 or maybe L5 again.
      {snip}
      So if all receivers are decoding and transmitting data for the ADS-B packet from a plane within the same half second, and uploading it to FR24 - then the slowest receiver to process and upload the data referring to that ADSB packet - would be the one shown, not the fastest [unless that slowest one has taken over half a second and the data content is superseded by later data (half sa second later) from the plane and gets to the server first.]. Assuming the the timestamps on the ADSB packets are passed up to the server so the server can tell what is old data from it's content and not depend on when the data arrived.

We're not talking 500 milli-seconds here - not five or six.

Just discussion - not conspiracy.

Comment

We already had this discussion once in a thread. I suggest reading the old thread instead of creating a copy of the old thread.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

But actually this is how old feeding software used to work. The new software is a bit more complicated, as it includes time stamp when data was received.
        So with new software and new database it looks like this:

L1 uploads at 12:34:50 data from 12:34:48 and database is updated with L1 data + L1 radar code.
        L2 uploads at 12:34:51 data from 12:34:49 and database is updated with L2 data + L2 radar code.
        L3 uploads at 12:34:52 data from 12:34:50 and database is updated with L3 data + L3 radar code.
        L4 uploads at 12:34:53 data from 12:34:49 and database is NOT updated with L4 data and L3 code remains (as there is already newer data in database).
        L5 uploads at 12:34:54 data from 12:34:52 and database is updated with L5 data + L5 radar code.

Which means that not latest uploaded data is used, but latest received and upload data is used.
        If I understand correctly the idea of this thread was to discuss new receivers and coverage. If you have questions about feeding software, read the FR24feed-software-(The-ONLY-windows-feeder-software-thread!) and post questions there.

Comment

Is it just me, or is the new feeder at Karachi, Pakistan (OPKC) reporting itself as F-CYEG1? CYEG is Edmonton, Canada as far as I can figure out.
          T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

It goes to show how important T/N Feeders are to Flightradar24, i have noticed some F-Feeders offline the last week or so, also a poor signal from F-EBBG1.

I have noticed T-EGBB19 aka Peterhr that i have never seen until the the last few days, is now covering the gaps left by F-Feeders.

I have also noticed other T/N Feeders showing around Manchester as the F-Feeders appear to be offline. (Glasgow F-EGPF1 is even covering Manchester area.)

I am guessing the Radars that are offline where affected by the storm we had over the weekend.
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-01-28, 19:20.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              We already had this discussion once in a thread. I suggest reading the old thread instead of creating a copy of the old thread.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.

If I understand correctly the idea of this thread was to discuss new receivers and coverage. If you have questions about feeding software, read the FR24feed-software-(The-ONLY-windows-feeder-software-thread!) and post questions there.
              Actually can we add this content as a new sticky thread - possibly a closed one that only Mods and Admins can post to with a title something like 'How data is selected to appear on the main FR24.com web page'.

The question does come up frequently and the information is presently buried in post #93 of the "FR24feed-software-(The-ONLY-windows-feeder-software-thread!)" - so is hardly easy to find even if you know it's there somewhere, especially for Linux feeders.

...Or put it in the FAQ's...

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                Actually can we add this content as a new sticky thread - possibly a closed one that only Mods and Admins can post to with a title something like 'How data is selected to appear on the main FR24.com web page'.

The question does come up frequently and the information is presently buried in post #93 of the "FR24feed-software-(The-ONLY-windows-feeder-software-thread!)" - so is hardly easy to find even if you know it's there somewhere, especially for Linux feeders.

...Or put it in the FAQ's...
                Just a comment. An updated FAQ is really needed, to reduce the frequently asked questions in the forum and that will reduce admin workload. Please update it when FR24 admin have the time?

Comment

Hi to administrators,
                  My location is about 3 km south/east of Melun/Villaroche Airport (LFPM) but my FR24 station and name is from the beggining located on Orly International Airport (LFPO).
                  Is it possible to change my FR24 station name and location, anyway there is no existing station on this location ?

Thanks.
                  Regards.
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-02-03, 21:37. Reason: Post moved to a more relevant thread

Comment

That you have to ask support@flightradar24.com

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
                    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Mike just to be sure and get your attention. My FR24 receiver has stopped sending data to flightradar24.com. This happened before and now after your servers restarts.
                      I have emailed support as i am not getting offline-email because, well, i am still online, just not sharing.

Second reason for posting here is to alert others about this. Restarting your FR24 receiver solves the problem, but please do not and contact support@fr24.com.
                      They are very interested in solving the offline checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                        My FR24 receiver has stopped sending data to flightradar24.com.
                        I have replied to your email. Everything looks OK from our end.

Comment

• F-WRRW1, missing your tremendous coverage a lot for a/c routes from Australia to Singapore/Thailand. Hopefully it is a faulty hardware that has stopped you from feeding and fingers crossed you come back online soon... for the mean time F-WRKK1 to fill in the gap.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefGlider
                            The Range is amazing considering Koreas Mountainous terrain. Any chance that we can get an approximate location/elevation of the antenna?
                            Opps.. accidentally replied wrongly to New Feeders Spotted my post. My bad.

Yes T-RKSO2 has a very good range. Just hope it will be online 24/7 as much as possible. FR24 do not reveal location of feeders FYI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              I didn't think we were a target anymore with 4 24/7 receivers in a close location already.. however

F-NZCH2 now appearing primray, Christchurch, New Zealand
                              Oblivian, perhaps... to see whether MLAT would work?

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                                Oblivian, perhaps... to see whether MLAT would work?
                                It had crossed my mind, However not sure it'd help (though I have asked in the past if it would help for me to change this for a MLAT capable) as we are on a small densely populated part of the island (less than 35mins to drive across the city to either edge) with a row of mountains down the middle of the island. And due to that, all the current receivers are aligned in pretty much a row with very little triangulation spacing. I'm a SMU (sector master user) on planeplotter due to uptime/cover and even that's unable to auto-MLAT from the 5 ground stations within range.
                                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                                X