Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
    Hey guys, new guy here in Hong Kong. Just seetup my satation about a month ago and wanted to say hi. I live in Tung Chung, and have stuff to the north covered.

http://bobsaget.mooo.com:8080/
    Hello jb_bak, your radar coverage is very good. It covers northern part of airspace and the airport.

Comment

• Originally posted by twfr View Post
      Hello jb_bak, your radar coverage is very good. It covers northern part of airspace and the airport.
      Thanks twfr,

I made a biquad antenna out of a turkey roasting pan and a coat hanger. Mounted my RTL dongle on the back, waterproofed it with liquid electrical tape, then strapped it to my balcony facing north. From there ran the USB cable inside to RPi. I am happy with the results vs the cost.

Comment

• It seems MLAT Service is activated in Pearl River Delta Region, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai and Taiwan.

You guys may have a look!
        Last edited by Dundee; 2015-05-03, 06:18.

Comment

• Cool thanks Dundee, I just setup MLAT here at my station T-VHHH55

Comment

Cool thanks Dundee, I just setup MLAT here at my station T-VHHH55
            Hi there sounds like you bought a radarcape?

Comment

• No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice

Comment

No I think I might have misunderstood, I just added the -mlat option on dump1090, but after further investigation, it is a lot more complicated. Hmm... maybe i can get a radarcape from flightradar? Would be nice
                HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  HK's terrain make it difficult for good signal reception - though why not, you should send in an application to host their FR24 kit. No guarantee you will hear back from them though.
                  I have applied twice for my home same location in 2013, 2015, but all cases got no reply after filling step one doc sheet...
                  Maybe they think my location has many natural barriers like hills but they don't know I am one of the feeder which can provide good unique coverage for Hong Kong South...

Further more, I just lost contact with manufacturer of Flightfeeder 5 months already. I have email the situation to CEO once I can connect Flightfeeder to Router using Wifi Dongle by own DIY in March, but no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule...
                  I think they have already given up my location as VHHH has good coverage and adequate feeders in Flightaware already...
                  Last edited by Dundee; 2015-06-21, 06:18.

Comment

• All stations,

Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

Please pay attention!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dundee View Post
                      All stations,

Radar code of mine will be changed from T-VHHH19 to T-VHST9 due to my participation of "Beta test new Flightradar24 MLAT software for Raspberry Pi".

Please pay attention!
                      So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?

Comment

So have you replaced your antenna Dundee or still using the same one from FA?
                        I just still use the FA one as GPS antenna is not required during the test...
                        But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...

Comment

But I don't know whether the MLAT data is compatible with FR24 Format as I just use the Flightfeeder port 30005 PlanePlotter Format as source of data...
                          Hmm... I guess i'll update too thanks!

Comment

Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.

Comment

• Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

T-VHHH55
                              bobsaget.mooo.com:8080

Comment

Strange.. did we get an email about a reply in this thread? but nothing new is posted here.

Anywho hope in the future Dundee you saved enough to get a collinear antenna or... microtony can make you one of those dipole type.
                                Someone from Singapore replied a wrong post in here instead of Singapore Radar Forum a few hours ago...

Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
                                Well Hong Kong is so mountainous, that directional probably is what most need? No need to buy one, I made one very cheaply that works great using this link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1328260

T-VHHH55
                                bobsaget.mooo.com:8080
                                Ya, my antenna bs1105 got from FA so far so good...
                                Although I paste much amalgamating tape to each connections of the antenna, cable, it just get a poor performance when raining dogs and cats a few days, everything fine after sunshine...
                                Another factor of my antenna is too long cable given by FA, I request a shorter one to FA and they said OK at first, but so far no reply, no follow up, no replacement schedule as #203...
                                Last edited by Dundee; 2015-07-09, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                                X