Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the alert limit in the FR24 Android app ? (If it has one)
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Thanks flightradar24 for fixing the issue it's working now. I didn't know there was a limit and I have 70 alerts and I just added the three I've been trying to add since yesterday so that will make it 73. Most my alerts are not commercial flights so I don't get buzzed all the time. While I'm at it I removed about five alerts that I no longer need.

Comment

• Glad it's working again.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• I'm a little confused as to your unorthodox forum system - Am I correct in assuming that you have created a massive thread in place of creating a forum section for all Android questions? That's not very good practise - people's posts will be buried within this thread, separate discussions and topics will overlap, and you can't subscribe to receive email notifications upon responses without getting an email every time someone else asks a new question. If I have misunderstood the rules, I apologise, please direct me to the Android section.

I'm having trouble with the AR view in the Android app. It keeps moving my GPS location around, even though my GPS location stays perfectly still in the MAIN map view.

In the AR view, where you can point your phone at the sky to see planes, I just can't get it to work no matter what I do. I live in Toronto near YYZ, there's always big planes with transponders above me. But they never seem to appear on the AR view, and the planes that DO appear on the AR view aren't in the sky.

I've tried calibrating the compass, by spinning the phone around in all directions, and it works - the little heading indicator at the top left of the phone is showing the correct heading for where I point the phone.

But the little minimap on the bottom right, that shows my location, moves around like crazy when I turn my phone around. It started out thinking I was in Toronto, and it ended thinking I was in Mississauga. This is *not* a GPS accuracy issue - it doesn't suddenly jump from spot to spot, it moves when you turn. Also my GPS status app says my GPS location is accurate to within 2m, and on the MAIN Flightradar24 large map, it shows my location correctly without jumping around. GPS location is only an issue on the little tiny minimap in the AR view. If I turn around in a circle on the ground, my GPS location on the AR-view minimap tracks a massive 30km wide circle.

This might explain why I can never get the AR view to work.
          Last edited by moeburn; 2014-09-28, 21:06.

Comment

• Send an email to Support@FR24.com quoting your device make and model and the Android version you're using.
            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• Hi, this is my first time of posting although I have been using the Flightradar24 Pro app v5.21 running on KitKat 4.4.4 for a while now. I used to have the IOS version and have recently moved over to Android and have noticed that there isn't an option in the settings to show the aircraft moving in real-time, only 8, 16 or 24 sec. I had it set to real-time with the IOS version. I have checked in the description on Google Play and it states "Watch planes move in real-time on detailed map" and also on the first page of this thread it says to speed up the app to change from real-time to a lower update interval. Is this feature actually available on the Android version because I have looked everywhere on the app and in the settings. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Anyone have FR24 premium installed on android? I am subscribed and regardless of if i'm on wifi or 4g i get "unable to connect" LG G3, rooted, unlocked but no mods (stock everything) on 4.4.2

Btw, the PRO version connects without issue.

Thanks in advance!
                Last edited by AstroAcks6; 2014-10-10, 18:16.

Comment

• My Samsung Galaxy Ace is running Android Gingerbread. Runs FR24 Premium very good. Sometimes a little slow, but very good indeed.

The only thing I noticed, is that on my phone I can see Gliders projected as actual gliders, but on my PC running FR24 via the website, the gliders all appear as small planes. Very strange. I can see all from a 747, MD-11, to smaller planes and cityhoppers, but the gliders in my neighbourhood keep showing up with the small plane avatar instead of the glider avatar.
                  FR24 station: F-EHEH1

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaggy8675 View Post
                    the gliders in my neighbourhood keep showing up with the small plane avatar instead of the glider avatar.
                    The website and apps don't share the same icon sets.
                    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• That's a shame. Have a lot of gliders here in the weekends, would be nice to see the same icons on the pc.
                      FR24 station: F-EHEH1

Comment

• Android 4.4.4. - Nexus 5
                        Flightradar Pro v6.0

It seems that the icon pack (I bought the paid add on) has been rendered in a lower resolution in this update? Is this for a particular reason (speed/resources) or just a mistake. The icon pack used to look great on my HD 1080 display as did the logos. Now they look noticeably pixelated. See zoomed in attachment.

2Screenshot_2014-10-21-10-54-34-picsay.jpg

Comment

• What do they look like if you don't zoom in so close?
                          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

• They look OK. Normal screenshot attached from nexus 5. 1920*1080. I'd not normally have noticed only I was using it right before I upgraded. You can see the wings etc and the logos slightly pixelated now. Perfect HD before. No pixels visible. Not a big deal I guess.
                            Screenshot_2014-10-21-21-52-03.jpg

Comment

• Hey somethings fishy with the latest FR24 update 6.0 on the android OS. It was working well for quite a few hours, now none of the plane icons show up on the map, and i have all the data boxes checked in the Filters section under data sources. I even have tried unchecking all of them and re checking each one to see if the AC icons show on the map. Now something it have noticed is when i have an alert currently i have the Aircraft type A3ST as a custom alert, when i get one when i click on the alert it takes me to the AC and shows all the other yellow icons, no FAA anywere and on the screen it says my settings have been temporarily suspeneded click here to start them up, When i hit the area where it says to, all my settings are back to how i had them set up, for many hours it worked ok, now everything disapears. I have even tried to delete the app and reinstall, nothing works. I have a LG G Flex which is the latest phone from LG on the 4.4 kitkat OS, also have a samsung galaxy 8.0" tablet, same thing is happening on it too. I just treid a different alert with the Boieng 737 got one in my area, when i went to the AC all the other yellow icons showed up and no FAA ones. when i click the msg on the screen to reinable my settings all icons dispear on the screen again. Actually i just noticed that after an alert here in North American the yellow and brown FAA icons do reapear but disapear when i click on the msg on the screen.

Not sure why this is happening, anyone else having these issues.
                              Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2014-10-22, 12:06.

Comment

• I found the problem, i had a custom filter engaged at a few airports, i had one at toronto pearson, inbound and outbound for any A388 AC coming or going, i would assume when one of those AC is taking off or landing you should get a notification, but i got nothing, if i turn off the custom filter or delete it, everything works fine on the map, all icons and all the settings i have made in the options come back.

I think there is a bug in the custom filter area that needs to be adressed in this latest issue. LIke i said in the previous post, i have the same problem on my LG G Flex and my samsung 8" tablet, both with the latest updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X