SBS1 connecting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS1 connecting problem

Having not used my SBS1 receiver to feed data to Flightradar24 for around a year I downloaded and installed the latest version of the feed software.The receiver is connected to a PC running Windows 10 with a USB lead. After running the software for 3 hours the following is the status:
    FR24 Link : Connected via UDP
    FR24 Radar Code: T-EGNX163
    Local IP(s):
    Aircraft Tracked: 0
    Aircraft Uploaded: N/A
    Receiver: sbs1usb, Connected
    MLAT running: N/A

The console repeats the following 2 messsages evey 3-5 seconds:
    Connecting to SBS1 receiver via USB
    Could not connect to receiver

The system tray icon displays 1 red and 1 green triangle

Please could anyone suggested why the software does appear to be uploading any data to the Flightradar24 server.

Regards,

David Anderson
    Loughborough, UK

I'm away from home at the moment but this may help:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Not sure if you were able to solve the issue yet or not but one of the most common problems is FR24 software and Basestation both trying to access the receiver at the same time. If you have Basestation running, shut that down and see if everything starts working. If it does then all you need to do is to reconfigure your fr24feed to get data from Basestation. Just make the following changes in this case to fr24feed.ini (configuration file) and it should start working.

receiver="basestation"
      fr24key="SharingKey"
      host="localhost:30006"
      bs="no"
      raw="no"
      logmode="1"
      windowmode="0"
      mpx="no"
      mlat="no"
      mlat-without-gps="no"
      --

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post
        Not sure if you were able to solve the issue yet or not but one of the most common problems is FR24 software and Basestation both trying to access the receiver at the same time.
        Thanks Khan. Those are the settings shown in the link to my post on my forum. Snap.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Oops, should have checked the link first
          --

Comment

Looks like the first 'dual' setup in my theoretical settings (don't have the hardware to test) is similar then?

Though I approached the web Configs vs config file edit.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many

Perhaps I need to tidy it up, less words more pictures
            Last edited by Oblivian; 2018-11-30, 09:21.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Further browsing the Forum it appears that FlightRadar24 users with SBS1 receivers have had connection problems when using the latest release of the feed software and have had to resort to previous releases. If there is anyone out there who is able to supply me with previous release(s) please contact me.

Regards,
              David Anderson
              Loughborough UK

Comment

Originally posted by leake View Post
                Further browsing the Forum it appears that FlightRadar24 users with SBS1 receivers have had connection problems when using the latest release of the feed software and have had to resort to previous releases.
                I was able to use the current version, as stated in my forum post.:

I contacted FR24 who confirmed the Windows version does work. I then downloaded the latest feeder - fr24feed_win32_1.0.19-15.zip.

I have installed this and have it working with BaseStation. Here are my settings. I've obliterated my sharing key.
                Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Yep. Believe it was fixed after 19-8.

From what I can gather most the issues still faced seem to be when attempting to configure 'direct' to hardware connections with feeder as primary source, rather than using Basestation software as middleware and tapping into 30006

Interesting it still works with receiver flagged as DVB-T however 0.o
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Maybe I should try connecting my SBS1 through Basestation. Is Basestation still available? If so where could I download it from?

Regards,

David Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by leake View Post
                      Maybe I should try connecting my SBS1 through Basestation. Is Basestation still available? If so where could I download it from?

Regards,

David Anderson

I strike the FTDI errors described elsewhere. Anmer may be able to assist there. Could be as simple as installing a compatible bundle

Comment

OK, Cheated.

Got the VCP driver from here https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

And dumped the contents of the i386 folder into the basestation directory once installed from the 'CD'

Comment

Hi guys,
                          Does anyone found a solution for this? I'm facing the same issue with a SBS-3. As they announced to turn off the windows support I tried to feed with the MAC client trough Basestation and directly connected to SBS via network. None of the two approached are working for me, it says connected but the aircraft counts remains 0.
                          All ports are open and reachable, I checked that with telnet so it seems to be an issue with the fr24 client.
                          Regards, phil

Comment

1. BaseStation is available to download:

I suggest the CD file.

2. Be aware FR24 has announced it will cease supporting its Windows feed.

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
                            Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X