Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with feeder statistics and data sharing

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the late post here but we are having some routing issues and currently working on it. It's high priority for us to have this fixed as soon as possible. Please bear with us in the mean time. We apologize for the disruption!

There are currently two main issues. The first issue can be divided into two parts.

1.1 Broken Individual Stats: Can affect both FR24 receivers(F-XXXXN) and data sharers(T-XXXXN). Feeder statistics between Thursday the 14th and Monday the 18th are broken or missing. Correct statistics should be showing up from 11:15 UTC time on the 18th of June.

1.2 Broken Share Statistics: The table on Share Statistics has been fixed. I, sincerely apologise for the delay that occurred in fixing the issue. Unfortunately, most of the data wasn't recoverable. From now onwards, stats should gradually increase as new stats are added each day. The notification banner has been removed as well.

2. Feed connection errors: Affects only data sharers (T-XXXXN) feeds and fix given below

Feeders with Raspberry Pis who are affected, please check if feed.flightradar24.com resolves to an ipv6 address. (Run the following commands on your Pi)

nslookup feed.flightradar24.com
    or
    ping feed.flightradar24.com

if you have a result an ipv6 address (e.g. address 2606:4700...) please run this command to disable it which should solve the problem:

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
    --

Pi Drop off.jpg Please is this the cause of this drop off of my Rasp Pi. I'm tearing my hair out, changed the Pi, changed the PSU. My Dump 8080 is OK. The Pi script reboots every night about 0030 just to prevent hang-ups when I am travelling away. Cheers, Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolml View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9570[/ATTACH] Please is this the cause of this drop off of my Rasp Pi. I'm tearing my hair out, changed the Pi, changed the PSU. My Dump 8080 is OK. The Pi script reboots every night about 0030 just to prevent hang-ups when I am travelling away. Cheers, Malcolm
      Yep. We've been discussing it for nearly a week

All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks for reply, I can put my hair back now. Sorry if I missed earlier reports.

Comment

What a coincidence... I've just activated the RPI receiver on friday, and I thought that the reason of this is the wrong settings of my receiver
          Thank you.
          rpi.jpg
          Last edited by strobil; 2018-06-18, 10:55.

Comment

Does this affects the maximum range too?
            Till tuesday I've got a range of 120/130nm, now I'm lucky if I get 100nm

Thank you

Comment

What can I do if I don't want do disable IPv6?

Comment

Thanks, looks like it's working again! Only the stats of the last 4 days are gone, but that's not a big issue for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Khan View Post

if you have a result an ipv6 address (e.g. address 2606:4700...) please run this command to disable it which should solve the problem:

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
                  Khan,

It's 2018, European Internet registry (RIPE) is not freely issuing IPv4 addresses to service providers for almost 6 years!!! Can you please at least re-assure us that you are working on server-side fix here? I know it's hard to make backend systems work with IPv6, but gracefully falling back to IPv4 has been implemented by many.

I see that you've introduced Cloudflare proxying. Is there no way to reconfigure Cloudflare DNS, so it doesn't serve IPv6 records?

Also, should you need a group of feeders in the future to help you deploying/testing/troubleshooting IPv6, please count me in!

Regards,
                  Sergiusz

Comment

Originally posted by serek View Post
                    Khan,

It's 2018, European Internet registry (RIPE) is not freely issuing IPv4 addresses to service providers for almost 6 years!!! Can you please at least re-assure us that you are working on server-side fix here? I know it's hard to make backend systems work with IPv6, but gracefully falling back to IPv4 has been implemented by many.

I see that you've introduced Cloudflare proxying. Is there no way to reconfigure Cloudflare DNS, so it doesn't serve IPv6 records?

Also, should you need a group of feeders in the future to help you deploying/testing/troubleshooting IPv6, please count me in!

Regards,
                    Sergiusz
                    Agreed!! It's 2018 for Pete's sake!
                    I had fully transitioned to IPv6 at home and I'm now running IPv4 only to be able to feed data to FR24....

Comment

Many thanks Khan,

It appears that the stats are now getting through (Monday). For Raspi users you may find that NSLOOKUP is not there, in which case apply the following command at the Pi prompt "sudo apt-get install dnsutils" and then try "nslookup feed.flightradar24.com" again. Hopefully it will return an IP4 address response such as

Non-authoritative answer:
                      Name: feed.flightradar24.com.cdn.clouldflare.net
                      Address: 104.20.1.101

Note: feed.flightradar24.com should not be confused with feed.flightradar.com which returns a different address such as 69.172.201.153.
                      Last edited by Winged_Jaguar; 2018-06-18, 15:21.

Comment

My unit isn't working by the look of things. I've sent you an email.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
                          Agreed!! It's 2018 for Pete's sake!
                          I had fully transitioned to IPv6 at home and I'm now running IPv4 only to be able to feed data to FR24....
                          Are you trying to say that you ditched IPv4 completely and went IPv6 only!? That would be really JohnnyBravo style! You must not need Internet beyond Google, Facebook and very few others!

Comment

What JohnnyBravo would tell is that in Germany/Europe most ISP switch to IPv6 with an IPv4 stack. That dont make it easy to "just switch" to IPv4 at any time.
                            For me it was a phonecall to my ISP to ask for an real IPv4 adress, 10 minutes later it runs without extra costīs.
                            T-ETID100
                            Raspberry Pi 3, Jetvision USB Dongle

Comment

as of 21:30, 18-06-2018 there are still problems. Flight Radar Availability.jpg
                              regards,
                              F-EICD1

Comment

Working...
                              X