No announcement yet.

Malaysia Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Special Permission/Permit. Only from building owner.

Im doing UHF/VHF Repeater Installation especially for Government. So I have access to few high location.

Location & Altitude.jpg

KB Town (East).jpg
    KB Town (North).jpg
    KB Town (South).jpg
    KB Town (West).jpg

Comment

• Thanks for the pics, it's great! Full 360 degree of the sky and don't seems to have any obstruction and so high up = good range!

You, dinhat and WMAU has coverage deep towards the sea now. Hopefully in the future you can identify suitable sites for new FR24 receivers placement. How I wish I have access to locations like yours here at KK.

Comment

• @WMKC1 : Just had a quick peek at Malaysia FR24 feeders statistics (it's still not an accurate reflection of receivers's performance, there seems to be some error in uptime, as per some claims in the forum), F-WMKC1 has an average of 229nm (and counting)! Expect you to shoot up to the top very fast! Everyone will be asking you whether you know a good location near their place! any in KK? lol.

@dinhat: is your T-WMKN1 working ok? I seem to only notice F-WMKN1, maybe too much overlapping by other F receivers around you if it's working ok.

T-WMKB1 @ Butterworth also has quite decent range. Please apply for a FR24box!
        Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-01-10, 07:25. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Thank You North Borneo Radar,

Yeah... But too high, too far may get unuseful data

Everybody, let join the healthy race by increase coverage range & get more receiver..

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post

@dinhat: is your T-WMKN1 working ok? I seem to only notice F-WMKN1, maybe too much overlapping by other F receivers around you if it's working ok.
            yup we're aware of it. its hardware problem. no plan to get replacement hardware at this moment as F-WMKN1 performs very well. in mean time we're scouting new location further north of WMKN, closer to WMGK, thinking of applying another fr24 box.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
              yup we're aware of it. its hardware problem. no plan to get replacement hardware at this moment as F-WMKN1 performs very well. in mean time we're scouting new location further north of WMKN, closer to WMGK, thinking of applying another fr24 box.
              Dinhat, do you know anyone in the Kerteh region. A receiver there would cover the offshore heli's well. I think there are 2 in Besut F-WMPR2 now.

Comment

• Brother Kucemgemok,

have you shifted to KL or still in KB?

Comment

• [QUOTE=WMKC1;74175]No Special Permission/Permit. Only from building owner.

Im doing UHF/VHF Repeater Installation especially for Government. So I have access to few high location.

Any spare second hand VHF airband antenna. Wish to listen to Live ATC while tracking flights on FR24. Thanks.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Limpost;74213]
                    Originally posted by WMKC1 View Post
                    No Special Permission/Permit. Only from building owner.

Any spare second hand VHF airband antenna. Wish to listen to Live ATC while tracking flights on FR24. Thanks.

Don't have any for now.

Anyway, I have 1 ICOM Portable Airband transceiver for sale. Used, but still look new.

Comment

• [QUOTE=WMKC1;74224]
                      Originally posted by Limpost View Post

Don't have any for now.

Anyway, I have 1 ICOM Portable Airband transceiver for sale. Used, but still look new.
                      Transceiver wow, I dont want to accidentally give landing clearance to anyone LOL. Thanks for the offer but no intentions at the moment.

I have made myself a DIY dipole but not confident it will last on top of my roof for long. I have no access to it in case repairs needed. I paid the ASTRO guys to put up my FR24 antenna.

Comment

• Same.. Me too.

Enjoy monitoring with my Yaesu VX7R & SDR

Comment

• Originally posted by dinhat View Post
                          Ok bro good luck hope you found somewhere suitable. Do drop Mr Olov an email after you applied and he should be able to look into it quicker.

[QUOTE=WMKC1;74224]
                          Originally posted by Limpost View Post

Don't have any for now.

Wow a transceiver, that is rare.

Comment

• Looks like T feeders are having FR24 server connection problem at the moment.

T-WMKP3
                            ~ T-WMKP3 ~

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post
                              Looks like T feeders are having FR24 server connection problem at the moment.

T-WMKP3
                              viista, how can i contact you?

Comment

• Originally posted by viista View Post
                                Looks like T feeders are having FR24 server connection problem at the moment.

T-WMKP3
                                @viista I asked before I think... You are not interested to apply for a FR24 receiver kit? You have concerns? The FR24 kit can be the backup
                                Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2016-01-14, 13:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X