Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peerke63 View Post
    I see F-feeders and T-feeders... what's the difference?
    Besides the T and F obviously
    F- are FR24 Feeders (Such as the FR24 BaseStation) and the T- are software based feeders, such as Dump1090

Comment

• Aha...right..thnks
      T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

• Hello, all. F-PATJ1 online for about four months now, so I guess it's working all right. After using FR24 for a number of years to identify who is flying over my house, it was time to contribute as well. Being surrounded by mountains, range isn't all that I had hoped for, but better than I expected.

Apparently membership data shows this location as "Tok, Alaska". Actually, it is Slana, Alaska, about 65 mi/100 km to the southwest of Tok, in the Copper River valley. Elevation is only around 2200 feet, not helping range. After the snow is gone next spring, the antenna will be raised another 10 feet to see if that helps see over the nearby ridges.

Back to lurking now.

Comment

• Originally posted by zerion View Post

T-UKCC3 - up to 286 nm (530 km) - / T-UKCK1 - up to 229 nm (424 km) -
          Could you tell us more about your setup?
          The range of 286 nm seems impressive.
          F-SMZO2

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
            Mt Isa Australia

Great to see a second feeder F-YBMA2 appear around Mt Isa. When the original (F-YBMA1) is down it leaves a big coverage hole in that part of the country.
            In case of receiver failure FR24 has been changing the F- designation to a different number when they send a replacement receiver out. 1 may change to 2 for the replacement receiver. The original F- designation is abandoned.
            The second feeder you are observing, may be the original feeder with a replacement receiver.

John
            F-RPVD1
            Dumaguete

Comment

• Originally posted by paradiselost View Post
              In case of receiver failure FR24 has been changing the F- designation to a different number when they send a replacement receiver out. 1 may change to 2 for the replacement receiver. The original F- designation is abandoned.
              The second feeder you are observing, may be the original feeder with a replacement receiver.

John
              F-RPVD1
              Dumaguete
              Interesting observation that may explain why more than a few FR feeders have mysteriously vanished. Thanks.

Comment

• Hi guys, just started feeding FR24, Seems to be going well,

I thought id share some feedback on the spider antenna too. Works amazing! I modified it a little to use a f type connector version of the panel mount pl259 that directly screws onto the coax rather then pl259 and adapter/reducer etc etc.
                I made two versions, a five leg and 9 leg, The 5 leg is more then sufficent for my Brisbane location
                Anyone know if i can run the FR feeder program alongside Planeplotter?

also, do you still get the free premium account for feeding in ?

Cheers
                Last edited by Stevebee; 2015-10-18, 09:02.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevebee View Post
                  Hi guys, just started feeding FR24, Seems to be going well,

Anyone know if i can run the FR feeder program alongside Planeplotter?

also, do you still get the free premium account for feeding in ?

Cheers
                  I'm running that. FR24feed connects to beast via USB, planeplotter connects to beast type data via TCP (fr24feed raw out).
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                    I'm running that. FR24feed connects to beast via USB, planeplotter connects to beast type data via TCP (fr24feed raw out).
                    cheers, Im just using dtv dongles, no beast receiver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevebee View Post
                      cheers, Im just using dtv dongles, no beast receiver.
                      Same goes. The feeder SW talks to the USB stick directly, is able to output raw data. Configure PP to use that raw data.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jayant View Post
                        F-VABB3 is seen active in Mumbai, India. Seems to have replaced F-VABB2 which has gone offline some time ago.
                        I'm also running T-VABB7 but the antenna location is quite poor with very limited visibility. Hope to fix this soon.
                        I am running F-VABB3, how did you fix the visibility issue?

Comment

• Originally posted by vabb3 View Post
                          I am running F-VABB3, how did you fix the visibility issue?
                          The higher the Antenne the better the results (Line of sight reception)
                          (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                          1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• This is for F-VABB3 who asked me a question on Mike's New Feeder thread. Moving the discussion here after that gentle nudge from Oblivian

To answer your question, F-VABB3, I relocated my site to a building where I could get roof access and moved my antenna to a pretty nice location. I now have good line of site in all directions and can also see some ground traffic at VABB.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
                            T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

• I didn't do nudging! Did I...

I'll shift em here so they appear inline still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                                I didn't do nudging! Did I...

I'll shift em here so they appear inline still.
                                Ah just realised the nudge was from Brian Thanks for moving the messages here.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
                                T-VABB7 | RTL dongle + Raspberry Pi + dump1090 + Bulgarian 5dBi collinear

Comment

Working...
                                X