No announcement yet.

New webpage design: Bug reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations guys on a terrific update! Some great enhancements. OK, it's different so we need to get used to doing some things differently, but that just requires some perseverance. I'm not sure whether some of the additional speed data is worth the loss of screen space, but maybe others need this. I especially like the new airport view. Some great new data. Ability to choose columns is great, and the sortability opens up a whole new world. One backward step maybe? In the old style arrivals and departures were chosen separately, which I think reflects the real world user need. You would normally be interested in one or the other. Showing them both at once just reduces the amount of data on the screen. Why not stick to the old style where the user chooses which to see? Overall, great though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Real-Duke View Post
      Same here. Sometimes it is between a few seconds to a few minutes to be logged out without any visible reason
      Adi4x, Real-Duke and the rest of you: Yes, the logout bug is on the top of our list indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by cretanrunner View Post
        I especially like the new airport view.
        Congratulations! Here little to enjoy. This function does not work here as well.
        -
        13 NM East of EHAM
        -

Comment

• Originally posted by garyirv View Post
          To Demonlee, Where did you find the feed stats page, I can't find it.
          You now have to go into you 'Account' section to find the Feed Stats Page
          If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

• You know, I know Microsoft have issues with New Releases, Apple have issues with New Releases and they have 100's of developers working on them and bottomless pits of money - so those of you that experience issues, please be patient, I know it is frustrating, but it's not as bad as the Apple Update that knocked out my 'Data Connection' on my mobile for 10 days leaving me only able to do anything when connected to the Internet...!!!!!
            If life is a stage, most of us are unrehearsed...!

Comment

• Not really a bug, but I miss the conversions of altitude and groundspeed in meters and km/h. In old version, these values were available by tapping on them. When will them installed?

Comment

• Originally posted by DemonLee View Post
                You know, I know Microsoft have issues with New Releases, Apple have issues with New Releases and they have 100's of developers working on them and bottomless pits of money - so those of you that experience issues, please be patient, I know it is frustrating, but it's not as bad as the Apple Update that knocked out my 'Data Connection' on my mobile for 10 days leaving me only able to do anything when connected to the Internet...!!!!!
                Sorry but these repeated excuses "please be patient" do not cut it. If this site was provided free of charge then your comment would be fair enough but when they have paying subscribers a certain level of service is to be expected and maintained and it is incredibly amateurish and unprofessional to release a new version expecting the user base to act as unpaid bug testers because they couldn't be bothered to do any QC of their new version in-house beforehand.

If they want their user base to freely provide bug reports for them then the least they should do is offer part refunds to those people who are paying subscribers for lack of service which they agreed to provide.

I accept that unplanned/unexpected outages happen from time to time and common sense dictates that there is very little they can do as they are largely out of their control, but this new release was not an unplanned/unforeseen event. If you were paying $500 per year for the business subscription you would not be at all happy to find a new version forced upon you that has more bugs than the Amazon rain forest.

Comment

• Congratulations, a nice upgrade of the page, I like it. Speed and altitude table is good. I work with Chrome. Regards from Spain.

Comment

• Dear Olov and all FR24 Team,

This is the first post that I do in this forum, and please accept my congratulations for bringing us this great new FR24 upgrade.
                    As everything at kicking off, some things must be fixed when are used for first time and I undestand that. Even big companies have these same problems, and the enhancement stage is a part of every implementation process, even with new aircrafts after maiden flight happen the same. Otherwise, Airworthiness Directives and service bulletins issued by manufacturers dont even exist. Human skills are not flawless, and I´m sure that the whole FR24 community understand that also. So, Keep moving forward that Im pretty sure that you and all the FR24 team are doing their best and working hard to give us the best experience in aircraft tracking and better product...

In that repect, and to colaborate with your progress, I have made a list of all bugs that I have observed last days and some remarks as well.
                    I propose and invite all people interested in helping FR24 to feel free to include, delete or just mark as "FIXED" all any other bugs that you have observed or expirienced to this list, to give FR24 a better way to address them...

BUGS REPORT
                    1. (Known) sudden logging out after 3-5 mins of usage.
                    2. Low refreshing rate on basic and extended Mode S parameters. On old web page the parameters were updated faster.
                    3. Why some Non-IRS aircrafts show a considerable difference between GPS ALT and ADSB Barometric Reported ALT (Calibrated ALT), up to 2500 ft ? There are some other ADSB/GPS equipped aircraft like YV2793 where the difference is the normal expected between GPS alt vs CAL Alt...
                    4. Why IRS equipped aircrafts display a GPS Altitude?....Doesn´t should this field display N/A?.
                    5. Erratic TAS, IAS, MACH and Temp in most of aircrafts. In tropical zones where the expected outside temperature should be aprox 10°C at 10000ft, the observed temp has been -46°C. On the other hand, what type of temp is this, TAT or SAT?.
                    6. Unaccurate IAS/MACH/TAS during some flight phases, i.e., during final approach in an A320 the observed IAS has been over 273kts when the GS is 160Kts, same with mach (.740) and TAS (430kts). Other times these parameters seem to get freeze.
                    7. Erratic display of FIR/UIR info. Most of the time only "Position Estimated" is shown.
                    8. Missing Main Manu Bar observed in some Mozilla and Chrome browsers. I tried clicking "default view" with no success.
                    9. Delay observed on the display time of Extended parameters compared with the basic parameters. Up to 5/7 secs takes Ext Mode S to be displayed after basic parameters are already shown. Are these parameters calculated from basic parameters or is this data extracted from ADSB transmitted raw data?
                    10. When Left Menu Bar is unselected (Hiden) on LAYERS SETTINGS, still a little strap portion of bar remains visible on left side of the screen. The only way to get it out of view is by means of FullScreen selection.
                    11. Why Extended Mode s parameters are disabled when aircrafts are on ground?
                    12. Squawk missing on aircrafts without extended Mode S parameters.

REMARKS
                    1. Any chance in the future to have an option to remove from screen the Search Field and settings/zoom buttons or maybe that only be activated when the mouse cursor moves over this area of screen? Just like the Android app does?
                    2. Any chance in the future to have additional alerts conditions like diversions, takeoffs and landing events?
                    3. On new downloable history files, is possible that KMLs have included along with Route and Trail, the Altitude vertical strokes to observe aircraft altitude in respect with ground on google earth?
                    4. Any chance in the future to have an option to unselect the "0 fts" altitude function when aircrafts are on ground. Some of us are interested to know the current aircraft altitude/field elevation reported by ADSB.

Thanks in advance for your support, and I hope these items help to improve you system and webpage.
                    Best regards.

B.
                    Last edited by Bomberman; 2016-03-22, 02:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by rik130 View Post
                      Sorry but these repeated excuses "please be patient" do not cut it. If this site was provided free of charge then your comment would be fair enough but when they have paying subscribers a certain level of service is to be expected and maintained and it is incredibly amateurish and unprofessional to release a new version expecting the user base to act as unpaid bug testers because they couldn't be bothered to do any QC of their new version in-house beforehand.

If they want their user base to freely provide bug reports for them then the least they should do is offer part refunds to those people who are paying subscribers for lack of service which they agreed to provide.

I accept that unplanned/unexpected outages happen from time to time and common sense dictates that there is very little they can do as they are largely out of their control, but this new release was not an unplanned/unforeseen event. If you were paying $500 per year for the business subscription you would not be at all happy to find a new version forced upon you that has more bugs than the Amazon rain forest.
                      I agree with you fully! Even if we tested this release more than any release before, that is not an excuse.

As one of the two co-founders of Flightradar24, it is very painful for me to see this. Be 100% certain that we do everything in our power to make it right now and as quickly as possible.

We work as hard as we can until all bugs have been corrected.

The main reason why we still have as serious bugs as the "log out bug" three days after the relase is that we have been forced to deal with performance issue first. The unfortunate Russian crash did not exactly make things better.

Olov

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
                        I agree with you fully! Even if we tested this release more than any release before, that is not an excuse.

As one of the two co-founders of Flightradar24, it is very painful for me to see this. Be 100% certain that we do everything in our power to make it right now and as quickly as possible.

We work as hard as we can until all bugs have been corrected.

The main reason why we still have as serious bugs as the "log out bug" three days after the relase is that we have been forced to deal with performance issue first. The unfortunate Russian crash did not exactly make things better.

Olov
                        Hi Olov, I for one appreciate your (and your team's) efforts in trying to fix the bugs as quickly as possible and I know it is as frustrating for you guys as it is for us. Perhaps in the future when you decide to do a complete redesign it would be wise to engage the help of some prolific users/subscribers to test the new version in beta for any bugs/glitches before official public release. I am happy to offer my assistance there free gratis should you require volunteers.

Comment

• Hi, my name is Stefan from Austria! I have been enjoying FR24 for a very long time…
                          Today I´ve done the registration for the "Silver Account", but I still can not see the "aircraft labels" (Yes, I am logged in and yes, I have deleted cookies before log in)

Anyone here can help me…?

Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-20 um 17.56.04.jpg
                          Last edited by spotti; 2016-03-20, 17:43.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bierboum View Post
                            But at this moment it looks "normal".
                            This situation is over in the meantime. Verry sorry to see that my screen freeze again in a couple of minutes.

I wonder how long this situation lasts. I do have paid for a well operating service. Can you not go back to the previous version?
                            -
                            13 NM East of EHAM
                            -

Comment

• Originally posted by atairlines View Post
                              I'm unable to login... I receive the following message: "Your email address has not been confirmed. Resend confirmation email"

But the confirmation email does not arrive...
                              Same issue here. Did you meanwhile receive the mail?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bierboum View Post
                                This situation is over in the meantime. Verry sorry to see that my screen freeze again in a couple of minutes.

I wonder how long this situation lasts. I do have paid for a well operating service. Can you not go back to the previous version?
                                yes... FR24 is still slow and unresponsive, with labels which don't appear, freezing, airport info same thing, an so ever....
                                Last edited by lemonnier; 2016-03-20, 20:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X