No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thats a bit of government fiddle,. ..!!!

You have to pay for something,. that dosnt belong to you,.
    Do you have to pay that,.. If you hired a car also..or if
    someone sends you a present.
    (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
    1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
      the feed that shows ground traffic at WBKK. Radarcode doesn't really matter what matters is there is good coverage around area of interest.

F-WMKC1 and T-WMKN1 sure is offline for a while now.
      Yes both my Northern neighbours are missing for sometime now. I am very familiar with WBKK. Must be your feed that allowed me to follow a flight down to the runway the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
        Yes both my Northern neighbours are missing for sometime now. I am very familiar with WBKK. Must be your feed that allowed me to follow a flight down to the runway the other day.
        Perhaps you have an idea now of what it might involve to host a FR24 receiver now. A sirim permit will be required and charges with it etc probably around MYR100 as per Alex's post. If you are ok with that you might as well give it a go to apply and see whether you get approved. If not then you can go down the popular raspberry pi + R820T dongle route for coverage or at least you can see your local traffic, but don't expect your radarcode to show frequently if that is your intention of sharing to see your radarcode with that setup as there is a few FR24 receivers around.

Comment

Perhaps you have an idea now of what it might involve to host a FR24 receiver now. A sirim permit will be required and charges with it etc probably around MYR100 as per Alex's post. If you are ok with that you might as well give it a go to apply and see whether you get approved. If not then you can go down the popular raspberry pi + R820T dongle route for coverage or at least you can see your local traffic, but don't expect your radarcode to show frequently if that is your intention of sharing to see your radarcode with that setup as there is a few FR24 receivers around.
          If RM 100 is For SIRIM handphone the most.
          for this only pay between RM35-50.
          bring along the catalog and gv it to SIRIM staff and they will gv u form to fill in.
          mine is waited 1 day to get it approved. they send to ur email then u print and go claim ur parcel...

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
            Thats a bit of government fiddle,. ..!!!

You have to pay for something,. that dosnt belong to you,.
            Do you have to pay that,.. If you hired a car also..or if
            someone sends you a present.
            there is one thing i not so sure bout it.
            why do i need to pay the clearance fee to the local pos.
            it was lucky that malaysia didnt TAX for this item as radio antenna and radar thing.

Comment

• As a feeder who's Radar id is F-EIWF2 in Waterford, Ireland i'm curious as to why Waterford Airport is not on the FR24 map? Granted its not a busy airport but it does fly routes to Manchester and Birmingham in the UK. As far as i can see its the only commercial airport in Ireland not on the map.

Comment

Quite a hassle if Sirim & Customs are involved. Anyway, I have applied to FR24 for their box. Lets see if they approve first before worrying about import procedures.

Comment

Quite a hassle if Sirim & Customs are involved. Anyway, I have applied to FR24 for their box. Lets see if they approve first before worrying about import procedures.
                  if the custom didnt hold ur parcel then mean u are safe.
                  if they are holding then u gonna go to claim it and apply for those SIRIM.
                  tips for u,print out the FR24 catalog then bring along to apply SIRIM.
                  what i heard from the custom that holding my parcel,they holding my parcel cuz there are 3 same parcel are send to this area.

Comment

• just want to ask that is the red shown that current signal i picking up from that plane?
                    Radar.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      New FR24 receivers

F-WBKA1 activated in Sandakan, Malaysia
                      Hello hello to the Sandakan, Sabah feeder. Don't see your feed yet but hope to see you around the forum and saying hello!

Comment

Good luck.. let's hope you get approved. The wait will be... long I suspect. Months at least, unless your location is exceptional.

Originally posted by alexsiong29 View Post
                        if the custom didnt hold ur parcel then mean u are safe.
                        if they are holding then u gonna go to claim it and apply for those SIRIM.
                        tips for u,print out the FR24 catalog then bring along to apply SIRIM.
                        what i heard from the custom that holding my parcel,they holding my parcel cuz there are 3 same parcel are send to this area.
                        Ah (aiyak) I just read this! I didn't print out the FR24 catalogue, I did email the lady the links about the receiver. Hopefully it is approved. Documents sent via email yesterday to the person in charge. Hopefully will hear from them soon.

Comment

Good luck.. let's hope you get approved. The wait will be... long I suspect. Months at least, unless your location is exceptional.

Ah (aiyak) I just read this! I didn't print out the FR24 catalogue, I did email the lady the links about the receiver. Hopefully it is approved. Documents sent via email yesterday to the person in charge. Hopefully will hear from them soon.
                          Good luck to you too........ keep your fingers and toes crossed. LOL........

Comment

Good luck to you too........ keep your fingers and toes crossed. LOL........
                            Thanks for that. I will ring on Monday if I haven't heard anything. My initial email sent to them they might have deleted it I called up after 2 days then they ask me to resend it Oh well, at least I submitted the application for e-permit already.

Sandakan's feeder F-WMKA1 is on but range is very limited. Hopefully something temporary.

Comment

• As to not clog up the new feeder spotted thread..

F-KBTR1 running here.

I temporarily have the box in my attic the due to being a bit short on wire length. Change of plans and now I am looking for some water tight outdoor enclosures to mount under my eave. What's the hottest the receiver can get? Been watching on my status page I believe I saw it in the 60s during the day but the summer isn't here yet.

Then that brings up my second thing.. I probably won't need about 3m of the antenna cable. Would it make a big enough of a difference getting a shorting cable?

Comment

• Originally posted by digiblur View Post
                                F-KBTR1 running here.
                                As explained in all the emails you have received about your application, please contact Support@FR24.com for help and advice with your installation.

Comment

Working...
                                X