Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24feed logging

Hi,

I'm running the Windows version of fr24feed on my Win10 machine at home, had the "Feeder Tracked Aircraft" webpage open the other day and saw an aircraft displayed there that interested me. It disappeared before I could note down the details, and wasn't showing on the FR24 website (no lat/long).

I have logging enabled ("save up to 72 hours and rotate every 24"), but I cannot find a log being written anywhere on my computer at all. I tried running it both as an administrator and normally, but it didn't make a difference - still can't find any logs.

I learned after some searching that Virtual Radar Server with a couple of plugins might allow me to log the aircraft my machine sees. I am able to see them on the web-based VRS display, but I'm having trouble using the 'database editor' plugin to see anything, at all. So, this isn't helping me either.

What I want to do is review a text file/spreadsheet/CSV/something similar which will say that T-YYC52 saw C012345, C2ABCDE, and AE7890 etc, and the date/time. Is there any way to do that with this software or something else I can obtain?

Thanks in advance!

I' m interested too. Any ideas?

Comment

It takes a bit to setup but there is a SQL database from 30003 script around. User coupe on RS forum. You can then do queries and display them fancy like etc.

Adsmysql or similar it was called.

I use it to produce a page like this that a mini web server can display that I keep an eye on.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Jay911 View Post
        Hi,

I'm running the Windows version of fr24feed on my Win10 machine at home.........

What I want to do is review a text file/spreadsheet/CSV/something similar which will say that T-YYC52 saw C012345, C2ABCDE, and AE7890 etc, and the date/time. Is there any way to do that with this software or something else I can obtain?
        (1) Click this link to download PuTTY windows installer

(2) Doble click downloaded installer to install the PuTTY.

(3) After installation is complete, open PuTTY. It will be like screenshot below

(4) Make settings as shown in screenshot below
        NOTE: You can choose either Raw or Telnet. Both work OK.

(5) On left, under "Session" Click "Logging" and make settings as shown in screenshot below.
        After settings are made, click "Open" button.

(6) Upon clicking "Open" button, a Console will open which will show decoded data in Basestation format (comma separated values), and keep it updating as the data is received.

Also, a file "putty.log" will be created in location specified by you in "Logging" settings. All the data displayed in Console will be saved in this text file.

Please see screenshot of Console and putty.log file below:

NOTE:
        All messages start with MSG,N, where N is a number 1 to 8. Only messages in which N is 3 have position information (Latitude & Longitude).

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 23:50.

Comment

Above method will NOT save settings.
          When you close PuTTY and restart, all setting will be gone and you have to make settings again.

SAVING SETTINGS IN PuTTY
          After making settings, and BEFORE clicking Open button do following:

(1) Enter a name for these settings as shown in screenshot below and click Save button.
          I have used a name "Data Logger", but it can be anything, for example "blah blah blah" etc.

(2) Cliking "Save" button will add an entry as shown in screenshot below.

(3) This entry will remain saved and appear again when Putty is closed and then restarted as shown in screenshot below.

(4) After restart:
          (a) Click Data Logger to highlight it.
          (b) Click Load button, and the saved settings will appear. No need to enter settings again.
          (c) Click Open button to start the Console.

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 23:45.

Comment

A BETTER VIEW

If you change the extension of log file and make it putty.csv instead of putty.log, double-clicking it will open it in Excel, presenting the data in much better way. Please see screenshot below.

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 23:46.

Comment

Thanks abcd567

The csv file option worked as suggested. Some of the fields are obvious - but can you point me to the where each field in the packet is explained ?

Cheers

Peter

ylis

Comment

DUMP1090 OUTPUT AT PORT 30003 IN BASESTATION MESSAGE FORMAT

SOURCE: http://woodair.net/sbs/Article/Bareb...ocket_Data.htm

FIELD
                Number
                EXCEL
                Column
                DESCRIPTION
                1 A Message type (MSG, STA, ID, AIR, SEL or CLK)
                2 B Transmission Type (1 to 8)
                3 C Session ID from decoder (dump1090) database
                4 D Aircraft ID from decoder (dump1090) database
                5 E Aircraft hexadecimal code
                6 F Flight Record Number from decoder (dump1090) database
                7 G Date message generated
                8 H Time message generated
                9 I Date message logged
                10 J Time message logged
                11 K Callsign/Flight Number
                12 L Altitude
                13 M GroundSpeed
                14 N Track/Heading
                15 O Latitude
                16 P Longitude
                17 Q Vertical Rate
                18 R Squawk code
                19 S Alert (Squawk change)
                20 T Emergency
                21 U SPI (transponder ident)
                22 V Is On Ground

ID TYPE DESCRIPTION
                MSG,1 Identification and Category Contains Tail/Flight Number/Call Sign
                MSG,2 Surface Position Message Triggered by nose gear squat switch.
                MSG,3 Airborne Position Message Contains Altitude, Latitude and Longitude
                MSG,4 Airborne Velocity Message Contains Speed and Heading
                MSG,5 Surveillance Alt Message Triggered by ground radar. Not CRC secured.
                MSG,5 will only be output if the aircraft has previously sent a MSG,1, 2, 3, 4 or 8 signal.
                MSG,6 Surveillance ID Message MSG,6 will only be output if the aircraft has previously sent a MSG,1, 2, 3, 4 or 8 signal.
                MSG,7 Air To Air Message Triggered from TCAS.
                MSG,8 All Call Reply Broadcast, but also triggered by ground radar
                Last edited by abcd567; 2017-11-06, 02:25.

Comment

Thanks abcd567

ylis

Comment

As an alternate to PuTTY, you can use Windows Command Prompt console to telnet and display data from port 30003 of dump1090.

NOTE:
                    In Windows by default, the Telnet Client is NOT enabled.
                    You have to first enable Telnet Client then only you can use it.

The method is detailed below.

(A) Enabling Telnet on Windows 7, 8.1, & 10
                    1. Click on Start button
                    2. In search, type Control Panel, and click on Control Panel icon displayed to open Control Panel.
                    3. In Control Panel:
                    1. switch to Category view
                    2. Click on Programs
                    3. Click on Windows features on or off
                    4. In the pop-up window, select "Telnet Client" and place a check mark besides it
                    5. Click OK. This will start enabling process which may take about 30 seconds to complete.

4. Restart the computer. After restart, the Telnet client will be enabled and can be used.

(B) Displaying output data from dump1090 port 30003 on Windows Telnet console
                    1. After Windows restarts, click start button and in search type cmd.exe. Click on "cmd.exe" displayed to open Command Prompt.

2. In command prompt window, type telent and press Enter key. If Telnet client was enabled, you will see "Welcome to Microsoft Telent Client" message, and a telnet prompt Microsoft Telnet> -.

3. in telnet command type "open ip-of-pi 30003" and press Enter key. If dump1090+DVB-T are working ok, you will see flow of messages. When these fail, the message flow will stop and remain stopped even if you wait for long time.

Last edited by abcd567; 2019-05-17, 23:48.

Comment

Working...
                    X