This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
    The latest Inmarsat updated crash location is well within the range of Australia's OTH radar. So far I believe no official news has been revealed with regards to whether it has (or has not) tracked MH370 on the night it disappeared. I understand that the OTH can focus its range via "tiling", but wouldn't it continue its coverage (maybe on lower energy) on the other areas?

So unless the OTH was off at the time (although some articles indicated that it was "always on"), wouldn't / shouldn't it have pinpointed the crash location (if it indeed was in that general area) very early on?

And if the OTH did not register anything, how would this correlate to the latest Inmarsat-identified location?

I hope the authorities have been confidentially sharing the OTH results to help pinpoint / validate the Indian Ocean location.
    According to Wicki The JORN is so sensitive it is able to track planes as small as a Cessna 172 taking off and landing in East Timor 2600 km away. Current research is anticipated to increase its sensitivity by a factor of ten beyond this level. It is also reportedly able to detect stealth aircraft, as typically these are designed only to avoid detection by microwave radar. A new ionospheric map is generated every 225 seconds.

Comment

• Angus Houston to head search efforts for MH370

Tony Abbott (Australian Prime Minister) has announced that former head of Australia's defence force Angus Houston will head the search efforts for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370;

The bigger picture with the latest news from Australia and across the world. Download the new SBS News app now.

Former Australian Defence Force chief Angus Houston will take a leading role in coordinating the international search effort for missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370. The retired Air Chief Marshal will head a new Joint Agency Coordination Centre to be set up in Perth which will coordinate the mammoth search already underway to find the missing plane. His role will be to maintain clear lines of communication between all of the international partners as well as with the families of the passengers, many of whom are expected to travel to Australia as the search progresses. Weather conditions were expected to deteriorate off the West Australian coast on Sunday as the search for the missing aircraft continues. Chinese and Australian ships in the southern Indian Ocean have retrieved a number of objects, but so far nothing recovered has been confirmed as being related to MH370.
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• As someone who doesn't know 'jack' about planes :s. Could someone explain to me why the plane wasn't tracked with GPS and or radar?
        And would it have broke down into thousands of pieces thus shouldn't it be found by now??

thanks!

(PS these questions are based on the question a conspiracy theorist asked me. He thinks the plane is on an island called Diego Garcia )
        Last edited by manman; 2014-03-30, 15:50. Reason: Word removed

Comment

• Originally posted by manman View Post
          As someone who doesn't know 'jack' about planes :s. Could someone explain to me why the plane wasn't tracked with GPS and or radar?
          And would it have broke down into thousands of pieces thus shouldn't it be found by now??

thanks!

(PS these questions are based on the question a conspiracy theorist asked me. He thinks the plane is on an island called Diego Garcia )
          The ability to track the Aircraft by ADS-B was disabled, along with other the communications equipment onboard the Aircraft after about one hour from departure.

The Aircraft was said to have been tracked over Malaysia with Military Radar for about one hour.

As for GPS tracking, we on this Forum would like it to be mandated so that all Commercial Aircraft have it fitted and the crew have no possibility to switch it off.

We don't do conspiracy theories here and as far as i know Diego Garcia has been ruled out.

For the facts without theories i recommend you read this: http://avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b&opt=0

Latest update from Aviation Herald

"On Mar 30th 2014 AMSA reported that an emergency signal received from a fishing vessel about 3300km/1780nm southwest of Perth needed to be addressed, two aircraft thought to participate in the search for MH-370 were tasked to respond to the fishing vessel - as only debris was located at the point of the signal, the search for the vessel is going to continue on Mar 31st. The remaining 9 aircraft and now 8 ships continued to scan the northern search area west of Perth, aircraft reported new sightings. The objects retrieved from the ocean yesterday have been described as "fishing equipment and other floatsam" unrelated to MH-370."
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
            The ability to track the Aircraft by ADS-B was disabled, along with other the communications equipment onboard the Aircraft after about one hour from departure.
            Thank you
            i knew he was spouting 'bull' but its hard to argue if you don't know anything about it yourself .

Comment

• as I can see or find the planes in Flightradar24 declaring emergency or problems on the plane in flight

Comment

• Originally posted by sputnik
                ( Read more, below )
                https://www.facebook.com/MissingMalaysiaAirlines ( allow 2 min. to open )
                Welcome back, voyager10!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenneth View Post
                  Welcome back, voyager10!
                  Its ok Jenneth, you are not the only one who has spotted him , we have his card marked.
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-30, 20:56.

Comment

• and the Ocean Shield is still at the naval base 2.25pm perth time

Comment

• Hola! vengo siguiendo cada hilo de esta conversación y me pregunto ¿si ya hay imagenes de la nave o las partes de lo que hayan encontrado?
                      Muchas gracias!

Google translate:
                      Hello! I've been following every thread of this conversation and I wonder if is there and pictures of the ship or parts of what you have found?
                      Thank you very much!
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-31, 14:56. Reason: Translation added

Comment

• sputnik / voyager10 / MH370, you have warned about posting Conspiracy theories, last warning.

Comment

Apology,.. i thot' it was news link, not my own random thoughts. Ok.
                          You are a member on SkyscrapperCity and most of the stuff you are digging up is from there, so i hardly think its random.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                            sputnik / voyager10 / MH370, you have warned about posting Conspiracy theories, last warning.
                            Far be it from me to criticise the way this forum is moderated but, what was the point in the 7 day ban? Do you not feel that your intelligence has been insulted a little? He re-registered immediately only to begin post #1 right where he left off from the banned profile, still posting nonsense he is not capable of understanding himself and still unable to construct a sentence correctly. You would at least attempt to hide the fact that it's you, would you not? Myself, on the other hand, have had completely reasonably informative post's deleted for reasons unknown.

Comment

• Originally posted by iazoniccc View Post
                              Far be it from me to criticise the way this forum is moderated but, what was the point in the 7 day ban? Do you not feel that your intelligence has been insulted a little? He re-registered immediately only to begin post #1 right where he left off from the banned profile, still posting nonsense he is not capable of understanding himself and still unable to construct a sentence correctly. You would at least attempt to hide the fact that it's you, would you not? Myself, on the other hand, have had completely reasonably informative post's deleted for reasons unknown.
                              Yes you're right about him re-registered, but that was after a few days and then i only spotted his posts yesterday where the same format of his posts as voyager10.

All Moderators and Admin are now aware of his new profile, a decision about banning him again will possibly be made later today .

The posts of yours that have been deleted might have been related to other content that was deleted, as we have deleted a lot.
                              Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-03-31, 15:56.

Comment

^ Yess,.. it's one of my source, out of many other places, to have update. and btw,... they have such hugh aviation discussions too like here, on this forum..... http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129
                                But what I meant was, it was not my own randon thought, - out my own mind's crazy imgination of thought processes,
                                but some sort of link's stuff.
                                Anyway would be careful, next time.
                                Thank you for so much for keeping up the posts. This board is hovered over by a bunch of engineer types with no imagination. Their small minded world was pushed onto the main stage by their part in MH370 disappearance and they seem to be having a hard time coping with ideas. These are linear type personalities that are only able to cope with solid things that are in front of them. Necessary and helpful in the world but so frustrating as they are unable to see past their own noses. It is good of you to keep pushing them a little to open them up a bit. It as amusing as heck to watch them get all flustered. It is not like you are being abusive or rude (like they are at times). All they have to do is ignore your posts but they like to control things it makes them feel safe. I think yourself and your idea threads would be welcomed on Reddit. Here is the link

The mystery of MH370 is tragic and fascinating. Many people who think they know how things work in the world are being challenged intellectually and emotionally.

Comment

Working...
                                X