This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
    Try putting "sudo" in front of the command you are running to configure.
    Can You Explain It For me I can't understand?

Comment

• Originally posted by malavanehsan View Post
      Can You Explain It For me I can't understand?
      Sudo is the Linux equivalent of Windows' "Run as Administrator", which will execute the command listed after sudo with administrative access.
      Will allow you to modify files that you otherwise would not be able to.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-ENTO3 View Post
        Sudo is the Linux equivalent of Windows' "Run as Administrator", which will execute the command listed after sudo with administrative access.
        Will allow you to modify files that you otherwise would not be able to.
        you Mean In Command Listet When I use From Sudo At First Use it At End Of Command I write?
        Like this
        Code:$ apt-get update Sudo
        or
        code:$ sudo apt-get update sudo

Unfortunately In Flightradar24 Forum Something Not Explain Good And See In other Site for Any Software And Start to Work With Software link They're Guidance is Very good i don't know Correctly Problem Maybe i have Problem in Sign Up Or In Install i do Wrong Maybe i think It's better Guidance be Full I want to Help To fr24 With my feed
        Have problem In Saving /etc/fr24feed.ini Error

Comment

• malavanehsan, have you tried using this from my post #255 above?

This will solve the error you are seeing when you try to save the configuration.

Originally posted by cbgsy View Post
          Use the full path name:

$ sudo chmod 755 /etc/fr24feed.ini

Then run the configuration again
          As somebody else posted earlier can I politely suggest that the issue is not about FR24 or the quality of the guidance you are getting - I think you would benefit from finding yourself a basic introduction to Linux commands so you can learn and understand what these commands are doing. There are plenty of online guides out there, but the FR24 forum is not really the place to learn about Linux.

Comment

• Originally posted by cbgsy View Post
            malavanehsan, have you tried using this from my post #255 above?

This will solve the error you are seeing when you try to save the configuration.

As somebody else posted earlier can I politely suggest that the issue is not about FR24 or the quality of the guidance you are getting - I think you would benefit from finding yourself a basic introduction to Linux commands so you can learn and understand what these commands are doing. There are plenty of online guides out there, but the FR24 forum is not really the place to learn about Linux.
            I Use $ sudo chmod 755 /etc/fr24feed.ini
            Then Start to Configue again But at last have problem in saving setting /etc/fr24feed.ini error

Comment

• Originally posted by malavanehsan View Post
              I Use $ sudo chmod 755 /etc/fr24feed.ini
              Then Start to Configue again But at last have problem in saving setting /etc/fr24feed.ini error
              What is the command you use when trying to reconfigure?

Try running sudo in front of the command, like such:
              sudo fr24feed --signup

Comment

• Hi,

I upgraded my Raspberry Pi installation, and encountered a few issues:
                First issue is that the old version of dump1090 (v 1.14) is launched when I reboot my Raspberry. Could you please tell me how to remove/deactivate it?
                If I kill this old version, and restart the fr24feed service, then it's running: I can connect to my Raspberry on port 8080 and see the new version of dump1090, and I am uploading to FR24 as I can see planes with my radar code. But strangely, when I check the status of fr24feed, there is an error:
                [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-08-15 14:32:32.
                [FAIL] FR24 Link: connecting ... failed!
                [ ok ] Receiver: connected (2215 MSGS/0 SYNC).
                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 42.

What does this FR24 link correspond to? If I check again after a few minutes, this same line is now OK.

And one last question: when I did the --signup procedure, I entered the sharing key that I had received a few months ago, and I see that my radar code didn't change: is this a problem, or it just means that the GPS coordinates introduced at that time were precise enough?

Thanks,
                Patrick
                T-LFSN4

Check your rank from FR24 feeder stats at https://jollain.com/FR24/stats.php

Comment

• So there is no way to use this with dump1090-mutalibility? i've got my system up and running with multiple dongles, with an old FR24 exe running in screen. I"m sure it is very outdated and would love to use this new SW, but it is really going to messup my piaware installation? I really like the version of dump1090 running now.

T-VHHH55

Comment

• Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
                    So there is no way to use this with dump1090-mutalibility? i've got my system up and running with multiple dongles, with an old FR24 exe running in screen. I"m sure it is very outdated and would love to use this new SW, but it is really going to messup my piaware installation? I really like the version of dump1090 running now.

T-VHHH55

http://blues.servebeer.com:8080
                    Not sure why you are running multiple dongles.. I am guessing one for fr24 and one for piaware? If so you will need to be sure you have it all running on different ports, not the defaults...

When using a single dongle in a Pi the fr24feed package uses it's own copy of dump1090 located in /usr/lib/fr24 ... rename that dump1090 to something else as a backup and then symlink the version YOU want to run.. Then when you start fr24feed it will fire up whichever version of dump1090 you wish to run, but bear in mind MLAT will not work when feedign to FR24 unless you use FR24's dump1090...

Also something worthy of note, the standard Pi is quite limited in CPU and running dump1090 + piaware + fr24feed is going to push the B+ Pi to the limit. If you want to run 2 dongles and therefore 2 copies of dump1090, you WILL need a Pi2.
                    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                      Not sure why you are running multiple dongles.. I am guessing one for fr24 and one for piaware? If so you will need to be sure you have it all running on different ports, not the defaults...

When using a single dongle in a Pi the fr24feed package uses it's own copy of dump1090 located in /usr/lib/fr24 ... rename that dump1090 to something else as a backup and then symlink the version YOU want to run.. Then when you start fr24feed it will fire up whichever version of dump1090 you wish to run, but bear in mind MLAT will not work when feedign to FR24 unless you use FR24's dump1090...

Also something worthy of note, the standard Pi is quite limited in CPU and running dump1090 + piaware + fr24feed is going to push the B+ Pi to the limit. If you want to run 2 dongles and therefore 2 copies of dump1090, you WILL need a Pi2.
                      Thanks for the reply, multiple dongles because i have directional homemade patch biquad antennas (got a big mountain behind me, and wanted to get the best out of the directions i have line of sight). Three dongles, three versions of dump 1090 running (on an rpi2) two versions with all ports off, and nc feeding the data to the only open dump1090 port from other two. Works OK.

Sim linking to the current version of dump1090 (dump1090-mutilibility) seems to defeat the purpose of the upgrade? No Mlat with this version right?

So, if I decide to use the FR24 dump version, how can i do this with three dongles? Possible?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, multiple dongles because i have directional homemade patch biquad antennas (got a big mountain behind me, and wanted to get the best out of the directions i have line of sight). Three dongles, three versions of dump 1090 running (on an rpi2) two versions with all ports off, and nc feeding the data to the only open dump1090 port from other two. Works OK.

Sim linking to the current version of dump1090 (dump1090-mutilibility) seems to defeat the purpose of the upgrade? No Mlat with this version right?

So, if I decide to use the FR24 dump version, how can i do this with three dongles? Possible?
                        3 versions of dump1090 or 3 copies ? ie: 1 copy for each dongle?

If that's the case then run dump1090 from /usr/lib/fr24 ... piaware will still happily connect to whichever dump1090 you give it. A few things to be aware of: the fr24 dump1090 is not as sensitive and will not give you as much range as dump1090-mutability, if you decide not to feed MLAT data to FR24 and run the mutability version, then be sure to configure piaware not to feed MLAT data back in to dump1090-mutability otherwise it will get sent back to FR24 as ADS-B data and thats not a good idea at all, the MLAT data was not derived by FR24 and may cause some confusion within their systems...

Comment

• Thanks for the reply again! Yes three copies, and i'l be sure not to feed MLAT data to FR24 without their version of dump1090.

I think i'll just sit back and wait a bit before making the MLAT jump, shouldnt be too much longer before someone merges the mutability code right?

Originally posted by bhaal View Post
                          3 versions of dump1090 or 3 copies ? ie: 1 copy for each dongle?

If that's the case then run dump1090 from /usr/lib/fr24 ... piaware will still happily connect to whichever dump1090 you give it. A few things to be aware of: the fr24 dump1090 is not as sensitive and will not give you as much range as dump1090-mutability, if you decide not to feed MLAT data to FR24 and run the mutability version, then be sure to configure piaware not to feed MLAT data back in to dump1090-mutability otherwise it will get sent back to FR24 as ADS-B data and thats not a good idea at all, the MLAT data was not derived by FR24 and may cause some confusion within their systems...

Comment

Thanks for the reply again! Yes three copies, and i'l be sure not to feed MLAT data to FR24 without their version of dump1090.

I think i'll just sit back and wait a bit before making the MLAT jump, shouldnt be too much longer before someone merges the mutability code right?
                            Well no, fr24 forked dump1090 separately and have made to many changes now mutability wouldn't merge with it. Originally I think FR24 were trying to remove some inconsistency in the data they were being delivered from the dump1090 participants, so they decided to use their own quality controlled code. However I think this is now backfiring slightly, not to mention their version of dump1090 increases CPU load by about 30% as they add special timestamps to each ads-b packet received for use with MLAT positioning. I've expressed my concerns with this, and the hope is they can make the changes required so that they can use any version of dump1090, as at the moment I am not willing to run their version of dump1090, so therefore cannot participate in their fr24feed MLAT program, which is a little disappointing. Also, with the FA version of the MLAT positioning you get positions back which can be displayed in VRS or dump1090's web interface (if you aren't feeding fr24 at all)...

Comment

• Finding that the Receiver part of the feeder tends to stop or go into an error condition.

[ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
                              [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2015-08-17 12:09:26.
                              [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
                              [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-FABU1.
                              [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
                              [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
                              [ ok ] FR24 MLAT: ok [UDP].
                              [ ok ] FR24 MLAT AC seen: 0.

Stopping it, waiting a few seconds then a start, tends to solve the issue.
                              Anyone seeing the same issues?
                              Any automation or watchdog that can do a stop/start every x hours?

Comment

• I made a Cron Job to restart the Feeder daily
                                Regards,
                                T-EDDE7

Debian 8 Server | jetvision ADS-B USB Dongle | ADS-B Collinear Antenna
                                Banana Pi | Mystique SDR R820T2 | stock Antenna

Comment

Working...
                                X