Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayoutwest View Post
    IOS6 on the ipad. Also have FR on iphone and it wanst me to upgrade the app but very reluctant to upgrade to IOS6 from 5 (as like to keep maps),

but for the sake of completeness I will upgrade IOS and see what happens
    All working now. Updated all IOS and not a problem. Thanks everyone for your suggestions

Comment

• Have updated the ios app but it now crashes on start up. I can't upgrade to ios6 as it is an ipad1. Apps store says >ios4.3. Surely if
      an app doesn't work on an old ios it shouldn't download - at least that's my experience with other apps.
      Disappointed have lost a good app - is there any way of restoring the old version - I can't be the only one with this problem.

David.
      Last edited by kermitthefrog; 2013-04-27, 09:16. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

• Originally posted by kermitthefrog View Post
        Have updated the ios app but it now crashes on start up. I can't upgrade to ios6 as it is an ipad1. Apps store says >ios4.3. Surely if
        an app doesn't work on an old ios it shouldn't download - at least that's my experience with other apps.
        Disappointed have lost a good app - is there any way of restoring the old version - I can't be the only one with this problem.

David.
        I have got the same problem, as i already had the Pro version i have had to go back to that. (Pro and Premium Apps have the same features.)

Also like you i have an older device (iPhone 3GS on iOS5), so 3D Cockpit View is also not available as its for iOS6.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• @FR24_DEV

Alerts are working for 2 hours finde and since two days now alerts!!!

Comment

• Is the feature " cockpitview" really life? I don' t think so as nigtflights are shown at daytime.
            thanks in advance for explanation

Comment

• Originally posted by pupmaus5 View Post
              Is the feature " cockpitview" really life? I don' t think so as nigtflights are shown at daytime.
              thanks in advance for explanation
              Not really sure how to answer this. We have NOT installed cameras in 50.000 aircraft, that are streaming live video to our servers. The Cockpit View is a simulated 3D view based on Google Maps. Google Maps satellite pictures does not change colors depending on day/night. Satellite pictures are normally updated by Google once per 1-3 years.

Data shown on FR24 is always 100% live, with exception for FAA that is 5 minutes delayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Not really sure how to answer this. We have NOT installed cameras in 50.000 aircraft, that are streaming live video to our servers. The Cockpit View is a simulated 3D view based on Google Maps. Google Maps satellite pictures does not change colors depending on day/night. Satellite pictures are normally updated by Google once per 1-3 years.

Data shown on FR24 is always 100% live, with exception for FAA that is 5 minutes delayed.

Thank you so much, now I can understand

Comment

• Where it the new 3D button for the cockpit view

Just upgraded my iPad2 (running iOS 6.x) Flightradar24 Pro app and can't seem to find the 3D button as described in the notes. What am I missing

Comment

• Originally posted by breadwild View Post
                    Just upgraded my iPad2 (running iOS 6.x) Flightradar24 Pro app and can't seem to find the 3D button as described in the notes. What am I missing
                    Here's a photo of the 3D Buttons location: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BImTkxwCQAEy3he.png:large
                    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-05-05, 15:09.
                    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Hey FR24_dev and Mike!

Alerts are woring since few days now fine! Thank you very much!

What was the problem?

Regards,
                      Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Not really sure how to answer this. We have NOT installed cameras in 50.000 aircraft, that are streaming live video to our servers. The Cockpit View is a simulated 3D view based on Google Maps.
                        Very fortunately, 50,000 cameras were NOT installed by FR24 -

- or else the competitor will have a hard time installing 50,000 X 7 = 350,000 cameras to give "unique results"
                        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Got it, thanks!

Comment

• Will it be possible to set up an alert for flight numbers in the future?

Comment

• Originally posted by speedbird1960 View Post
                              Here's a photo of the 3D Buttons location: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BImTkxwCQAEy3he.png:large
                              I dont have the 3D option. Have upgraded to the latest app on the ipad 3, deleted and reinstalled the app but to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Comment

• Originally posted by rwheatla View Post
                                I dont have the 3D option. Have upgraded to the latest app on the ipad 3, deleted and reinstalled the app but to no avail.

Any suggestions?
                                Please make sure that you have latest version of iOS installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X