No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 Feeder Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was under the impression the T- stats page was not active yet (mines still blank...)

Hows he come up with that..
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It's only available for people hosting the F-xxxx feeder box, and T- feeders using Radarcape box, and Feeder using the FR24's Linux feeder upload software.

The windows software uploader will get it at some later time. (Unknown time frame)

Just looked at my T-feeder stats page for today.

Uptime (as % of available time): 100%
      Aircraft seen: 2,142
      Positions reported: 187,390
      Maximum distance: 311nm
      Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-06-25, 21:41.
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Stats will never be available for Win feeders with current software. New software is needed. Beta testing: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ting-(Win-RPi)

Comment

• yeah, I had already gathered an update was required (and still in the works), which is why I was surprised to see the poster listing some from a T- windows based machine

All good, clearly overlooked that new beta thread. I briefly saw the R-Pi mention in the subject and more or less didn't open (clearly I should have!) However I'm down the test list running the beast and not the sticks as primary.
          Last edited by Oblivian; 2014-06-25, 23:00.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
            Here is my current coverage area. From the center i can get all planes around 300-400km easily. In my country my feeder feeds all the plane while within 200km two FR receiver exists(F-VECC2 in CCU & F-VEAT1 in IXA). Sometime my feeder feeds these feeder 5km km areas plane also. I have a plan to use a amplifier soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4314[/ATTACH]

I have applied for the receiver 3 months ago. I completed their all formalities, but somehow i didn't get attention from FR24. In our country there is a FR receiver named "F-VGZR1". But that is not in regular operation and if my feeder on, that feeder found very often, because of my coverage. I am the only feeder for planefinder also from my country.

Thanks for the comment about http://www.heywhatsthat.com. I need more help for this from you.

Thanks & regards,
            Zahidul Hasan.
            I found adding the amplifier increased my range (similar rig to yours, Raspberry Pi + the small R820T dongle) by about 10% and took my daily aircraft count on the stats from about 1100 to 1400+ ... I suspect a lot of that was aircraft within the range detected were not being picked up.

My stats from yesterday - I dont have nice round range rings like you do due to hills a mile+ away to the SE and NW

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG
            Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-26, 06:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
              I found adding the amplifier increased my range (similar rig to yours, Raspberry Pi + the small R820T dongle) by about 10% and took my daily aircraft count on the stats from about 1100 to 1400+ ... I suspect a lot of that was aircraft within the range detected were not being picked up.

My stats from yesterday - I dont have nice round range rings like you do due to hills a mile+ away to the SE and NW

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4318[/ATTACH]
              I will add the amplifier soon, In our country lots of non ADS-B aircraft runs. And total aircraft much less then UK.

Facing a problem quite regularly. Very often the feeding goes off, while power & network remains on. After again runs, its start feeding. I have changed the adapter, but not improved. As you run RBP, you may face this also. If you have solution, you can share with me.

Thanks,
              Zahidul Hasan

Comment

• Originally posted by zahidulhasan View Post
                I will add the amplifier soon, In our country lots of non ADS-B aircraft runs. And total aircraft much less then UK.

Facing a problem quite regularly. Very often the feeding goes off, while power & network remains on. After again runs, its start feeding. I have changed the adapter, but not improved. As you run RBP, you may face this also. If you have solution, you can share with me.

Thanks,
                Zahidul Hasan
                I have no such issues - my feeder stays on 24/7 (unless my wife unplugs the power to connect the lawn mower). I do stop restart dump1090 and the feeder twice a day with a cron job - so it's down for about 5 seconds when I do that

I would try another power supply if you have one.

Can you connect to the pi and type 'top' when it stops feeding - check if the pi is working and if the essential dump1090 and fr24feed program are working?

Comment

I have no such issues - my feeder stays on 24/7 (unless my wife unplugs the power to connect the lawn mower). I do stop restart dump1090 and the feeder twice a day with a cron job - so it's down for about 5 seconds when I do that

I would try another power supply if you have one.

Can you connect to the pi and type 'top' when it stops feeding - check if the pi is working and if the essential dump1090 and fr24feed program are working?
                  Dear Peterhr,

I have added some screenshot from the RP. The feeder quit regularly. I have changed the adapter, yet its getting shut downed. When it stopped feeding, i can reach RP from remotely.

RPI Problem-1.jpgRPI Problem-2.jpgRPI Problem-3.jpgRPI Problem-4.jpg

Comment

• It looks like the feeder is failing to communicate with FR24 at the network level.

when it is not working and you remote to the Pi, can you ping other places on the Internet from the Pi (for example www.fr24.com, or by ip address 83.140.247.20, www.oracle.com, etc )

Do you still have the line
                    Code:
                    export FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20
                    before you start the feeder in your script (FR24 say you don't need it, but my feeder is more reliable with it) ... There may be different address for Asia though (don't know)
                    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-06-29, 07:47.

Comment

It looks like the feeder is failing to communicate with FR24 at the network level.

when it is not working and you remote to the Pi, can you ping other places on the Internet from the Pi (for example www.fr24.com, or by ip address 83.140.247.20, www.oracle.com, etc )

Do you still have the line
                      Code:
                      before you start the feeder in your script (FR24 say you don't need it, but my feeder is more reliable with it) ... There may be different address for Asia though (don't know)
                      I dont use any script to run RP, Just put two command to feed to FR. I tried to make the script, but failed. The internet i am using, that has 100% up-time with 230ms ping time. From same network, i run a PF setup, which dont stopped for any second.

thanks

Comment

• Understood, but we're trying to find out if there is something on the Pi connection that is stopping it reaching the servers - maybe we need to look to see if we can increase time-outs or something (if that is the problem)

This is all I need in my script, it's just entered as a text file called fr24.sh (change file names etc to suit your setup)

Code:
                        #!/bin/bash
                        #remove any running dump1090 & feeder
                        killall fr24feed_arm-rpi_242
                        killall dump1090

#restart dump1090

cd /root/dump1090
                        ./dump1090 --fix --net --net-sbs-port 30003 --net-ro-port 31001 --quiet > /dev/null &
                        cd /root

# restart the feeder

./fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=xxxxxxxxxxxx  --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --httpd=yes > /tmp/fr24feed.log &

Once the file is saved, do
                        Code:
                        chmod +x fr24.sh
                        to tell Linux the file is executable

then to use it, type

Code:
                        ./fr24.sh

Comment

• Thanks to all the tips on this thread, I just got my fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 and dump1090 running on my RPi.

Comment

• Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                            Kun Ming Wu Jia Ba International Airport has been closed,it is Kun Ming Chang Shui International Airport,Yun Nan Province
                            Thanks, my wiki source must be incorrect. Verified and amended the feeder station list.

Comment

• Dear FR24 support, can you tell me how many F-UKKK radars are working now?
                              we have
                              F-UKKK1
                              F-UKKK2
                              F-UKKK3
                              F-UKKK4
                              near Zhyliany airport and one in Borispol airport F-UKBB1

this five radars must provide great MLAT coverage. But now MLAT here. Can you tell which radars are not working and what a reason of it?
                              Tnx
                              T-UKKK11

Comment

• We have 6 receivers in Kiev area, but normally 3 or 4 are almost always down.

Comment

Working...
                                X