• Show
Clear All

• NBR,

Looks like you are back on the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
      NBR,

Looks like you are back on the air.
      Hi Limpost yes internet was restored on Saturday night. Relief. Too busy with things for this coming months so I won't be around as frequently as I hoped.

Comment

• Hi Guys!

Anyone in Malaysia running a DVB-T stick with good coverage? Send me an email, olov.lindberg@gmail.com, and I will look at the possibility to upgrade you to a Flightradar24 receiver.
        We are looking to improve our MLAT coverage in Malaysia now.

Cheers
        Olov
        Flightradar24

Comment

• which part of Malaysia you refer at?? I am from east coast..Kota Bharu...i am using the stick with detection with about 3-5 planes detected due my antenna is inside my house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olov View Post
            Hi Guys!

Anyone in Malaysia running a DVB-T stick with good coverage? Send me an email, olov.lindberg@gmail.com, and I will look at the possibility to upgrade you to a Flightradar24 receiver.

Cheers
            Olov
            Flightradar24
            I initially thought it is spam - until I saw your rank is administrator.

Well perhaps you can find out whether you can contact the feeder of T-WMKN1 as the feed has good coverage towards the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea. Maybe the feeder of T-WMSA8 too?

Feeder F-WMBT1 at Pulau Tioman ?has gone missing? Or is just at the background? I don't know... Will need one or 2 feeders around that part East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, IMHO. Limpost who applied is on standby on the list.

If Ruth sees this hopefully she will ask her Ham radio colleagues who are interested and at a good location to apply. Haven't heard from her for a long while.

who, might your friend be interested? near WMSA?
            Last edited by North Borneo Radar; 2014-11-24, 11:40.

Comment

Hi Guys!

Cheers
              Olov
              Flightradar24
              Hi olov,

I am keen to host the FR24 box. Sending you an email now.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by kucengemok View Post
                which part of Malaysia you refer at?? I am from east coast..Kota Bharu...i am using the stick with detection with about 3-5 planes detected due my antenna is inside my house.
                Interested in all of Malaysia. Even if we are not even close to MLAT at the moment...

Comment

• Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                  I initially thought it is spam - until I saw your rank is administrator.

Well perhaps you can find out whether you can contact the feeder of T-WMKN1 as the feed has good coverage towards the Gulf of Thailand/South China Sea. Maybe the feeder of T-WMSA8 too?

Feeder F-WMBT1 at Pulau Tioman ?has gone missing? Or is just at the background? I don't know... Will need one or 2 feeders around that part East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia, IMHO. Limpost who applied is on standby on the list.

If Ruth sees this hopefully she will ask her Ham radio colleagues who are interested and at a good location to apply. Haven't heard from her for a long while.

who, might your friend be interested? near WMSA?

Sorry about that .. I am co-founder of Flightradar24, just haven't been active in the forum before. I will look into T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8.. will also check what happened to F-WMBT1.

Comment

Sorry about that .. I am co-founder of Flightradar24, just haven't been active in the forum before. I will look into T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8.. will also check what happened to F-WMBT1.
                    Thank you Olov for doing this. No worries, over this part of the world we have to err on the side of caution as news about scams/spams from the internet appear almost daily on our newspapers.

Hope you get a favourable response from the feeders, though Mike did say some feeders just prefer to keep things at it is.

As for the eastern part of Malaysia (Sabah, Sarawak, Labuan, neighbours of Brunei) - There is simply not enough feeders. Not something we can do about it at the moment I am afraid. Concentrating on Peninsular Malaysia perhaps is best, given the amount of a/c over there.. and Subang Airport (WMSA) does do a lot of MRO so MLAT should identify some types of non ads-b aircrafts. Good luck.

Comment

• Good news for Malaysia Radar.

The long wait is over. Thanks to Olov Lindberg, FR24 has approved my location. Approval #10407

Hope to get it up and running before the end of the year.

Cheers.

Comment

• Thank you Limpost! Looking forward to see your new receiver online soon!

Comment

• Congrats Limpost!!! Finally the long wait is over!
                          Let me/us know if you need any help with it.

Comment

Olov, I concur with North Borneo. T-WMSA8 has good coverage.
                            I've just informed a buddy of mine about this.
                            I'm already running a FR24 receiver and its good news FR24 is looking for even better coverage!
                            I thought we have enough here!
                            Limpost location is a good as I don't believe we had much coverage that part of Malaysia.
                            Hoping its coverage will extend well into South China Sea!

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
                              Congrats Limpost!!! Finally the long wait is over!
                              Let me/us know if you need any help with it.
                              Thanks for the offer Brother Who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limpost View Post
                                Good news for Malaysia Radar.

The long wait is over. Thanks to Olov Lindberg, FR24 has approved my location. Approval #10407

Hope to get it up and running before the end of the year.

Cheers.
                                Finally! congrats Limpost bet you are over the moon! Hope it does get online before end of the year!

Originally posted by who View Post
                                Olov, I concur with North Borneo. T-WMSA8 has good coverage.
                                I've just informed a buddy of mine about this.
                                I'm already running a FR24 receiver and its good news FR24 is looking for even better coverage!
                                I thought we have enough here!
                                Limpost location is a good as I don't believe we had much coverage that part of Malaysia.
                                Hoping its coverage will extend well into South China Sea!
                                Yes spread the news, hopefully someone with good locations/ham radio towers will know about it and apply! And yeah, hopefully T-WMKN1 and T-WMSA8 feeders will respond to Olov's contact.

Comment

Working...
                                X