New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZK-UTE currently broadcasting out of Napier too
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Today Tuesday the 2nd April was my best day rangewise I was using ADSB Scope for one day to check on ranges. Unbelieveably I recorded a range of 538 NM on QFA 28 VH-OEH at FL380 . I suspect a large part of it was excellent Tropospheric readings in the Southeast of NZ at the time. Antenna height is 700 ft above sea level.Record 538 NM.JPG

Comment

• Hi guys, a new FR24 receiver is being installed in Dunedin F-NZDN1

Comment

• Oh wow. Was this from the fella who popped in at the airfield and only had a stick?
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Oh wow. Was this from the fella who popped in at the airfield and only had a stick?
            If it is a F-xxxxx receiver then is is not a stick but a FB24 box - I think

Comment

• All new installed F-receivers looks like this: http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

• Aware of that, was someone posting a little while back saying he worked at the airport. Was keen to set one up, and got himself a stick to try. But has not been 24/7 or constant upload. He was looking into the purchase of a beast, he may have had it sent to him instead

Comment

Oh wow. Was this from the fella who popped in at the airfield and only had a stick?
                  No Craig,. It is one of the new FR24 Boxes(F-NZDN1)

The F-,.. indicates that its a FR24 Box.

SORRY I SPOKE....!But some people may not know that...! DEL
                  Last edited by delcomp; 2013-04-02, 09:55.
                  (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                  1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• I KNOW what a supplied one is. No need to keep advising me.

You have all missed my initial question...

I was asking if a FR box has now been sent to this user.. http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post27396

Who WAS running a stick from the airport, but having trouble so not online 24/7 etc.

Comment

I KNOW what a supplied one is. No need to keep advising me.

You have all missed my initial question...

I was asking if a FR box has now been sent to this user.. http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post27396

Who WAS running a stick from the airport, but having trouble so not online 24/7 etc.
                      Sorry, sorry, sorry
                      Could very well be that guy. However the tracks I have seen terminates at about 1000 feet, and I got the impression that nzdn1 wanted to set up something at the airport it self. Anyway good to see the increased coverage and the interesst FR24 has taken in the area by shipping the box.

Comment

• Ah, that will be town side then. The airport is in the wops, about 20mins out of central dunedin. Which is housed in a crater if you will facing the opposite direction

Comment

• Must be some good mountain peaks in my way

Some defined patterns near the northern SI with straight line holes forming. Good to see some hits out as far as 219nm

ppdpd2.jpg

Comment

Ah, that will be town side then. The airport is in the wops, about 20mins out of central dunedin. Which is housed in a crater if you will facing the opposite direction
                            F-NZDN1 is located at my place. The position is at elevated southbound exit from Dunedin, 12 km before Momona (DUD), ~360 feet above the downtown level. I’m glad that this radar fills the gap between T-NZTU1/TU2 and T-NZNV1.
                            Last edited by PALTDNNZ; 2013-04-03, 21:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by PALTDNNZ View Post
                              F-NZDN1 is located at my place. The position is at elevated southbound exit from Dunedin towards, 12 km before Momona (DUD), ~360 feet above the downtown level. I’m glad that this radar fills the gap between T-NZTU1/TU2 and T-NZNV1.
                              Congratulations on your receiver. Seems to be well placed.

Comment

Must be some good mountain peaks in my way

Some defined patterns near the northern SI with straight line holes forming. Good to see some hits out as far as 219nm

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1959[/ATTACH]
                                Yes, I saw you tracking QF118 today at 36,000 feet and just off the coast you 'dropped the ball' and T_NZCH2 took credit for a bit and then T-ZMPM1 for the remainder of the flight till out off sight

QF118.JPG

btw. notice that the Jetstar pilot forgot to change their call sign, or they are way off the track AKL-WLG

Comment

Working...
                                X