Hong Kong Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F-VHHH4 View Post
    Anyone think antenna array is possible for 1090Mhz ?
    If yes, how to do that ?
    I thought they were set up to be directional - usually not what is needed (unless you count a vertical array like a collinear)

Comment

• 360 degree Yagi array is it possible ?

Comment

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yagi-Uda_antenna article starts A Yagi-Uda antenna, commonly known simply as a Yagi antenna, is a directional antenna consisting of multiple parallel dipole elements in a line

Unless you face a special requirement - you are better off with some sort of collinear (conventional, franklin, etc)
        Last edited by peterhr; 2014-10-15, 06:58.

Comment

• I finally got my Rpi running...the previous USB power source seems to be the culprit...although it says output is 2A

T-VHHH33 is still from PC though...Rpi is currently running PiAware...

Thanks to all of you.

Originally posted by who View Post
          Hi, did you connect the HDMI first to your tv/monitor (powered) before powering up the RPi?
          Else could you try another HDMI cable and/or another power supply? (were you using the same power supply when it works elsewhere?)
          Originally posted by peterhr View Post
          I plugged eveything together, powered on the Pi then did source selection in the TV to find it (having not paid any real attention to which socket it was in)

Comment

• Hi all,

T-VHHH19 will be live again starting today!

It's disappointed that the manufacturer of FlightFeeder have not been arranged any replacement since August 2014, I don't know why CEO of manufacturer just apologize to me many times but without any action over half year.

I need to DIY the Flightfeeder in order to make it work again.

PLease leave a message in case you have any enquiries of my radar.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dundee View Post
              Hi all,

T-VHHH19 will be live again starting today!
              Welcome back!

Just for my curiosity, what went wrong? Hardware problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by royng View Post
                Welcome back!

Just for my curiosity, what went wrong? Hardware problem?
                The Ethernet chip of Flightfeeder (RPi part)is out of order, they said they will replace a new one to me soon but no action over half year,拖字訣...and even don't reply my email in last 2 months...
                So I just bought a wifi dongle from Taobao, insert to flightfeeder and modify linux network config file, thus flightfeeder can connect to Internet again!

Comment

The Ethernet chip of Flightfeeder (RPi part)is out of order, they said they will replace a new one to me soon but no action over half year,拖字訣...and even don't reply my email in last 2 months...
                  So I just bought a wifi dongle from Taobao, insert to flightfeeder and modify linux network config file, thus flightfeeder can connect to Internet again!
                  Hi Dundee,

long time no hear from you and I have been wondering what you been up to since your radar went offline a long while ago. Glad you managed to fixed the problem and quite a shame how they handled your situation really. You know, I think microtony could have helped too but good that you have sorted the matter out yourself. I noticed microtony has written some programme for air band listening via R820T dongle too, multiple channels. I believe he is using that to feed VHHH for liveatc now. I haven't listen to it yet though.

Comment

• It seems the performance of my BS-1105 antenna is downgrade today because of moist weather condition in Hong Kong, coverage only 150 nm. One of the reason is that I didn't have a regular check of antenna during half year.

So what should I do in order to avoid poor performance with moist weather?

Comment

It seems the performance of my BS-1105 antenna is downgrade today because of moist weather condition in Hong Kong, coverage only 150 nm. One of the reason is that I didn't have a regular check of antenna during half year.

So what should I do in order to avoid poor performance with moist weather?
                      - Check antenna connections if they are weather proof and sealed.
                      - Pray for better weather?

Comment

• Originally posted by who View Post
                        - Check antenna connections if they are weather proof and sealed.
                        - Pray for better weather?
                        You're right!!
                        Weather forecast said the weather will be fine on weekend. Maybe I will perform some maintenance by re-sticking the electrical tape through all connectors.
                        Last edited by Dundee; 2015-03-06, 10:30.

Comment

You're right!!
                          Weather forecast said the weather will be fine on weekend. Maybe I will perform some maintenance by re-sticking the electrical tape through all connectors.
                          I just finished for checking the antenna, and re-stick the electrical tape more tightly on each connectors. The performance of antenna so far is OK and hope it will not be downgraded again with moist weather next time...

Comment

• Welcome back, T-VHHH19.
                            Nice to see your station is running again.

Comment

• Hey guys, new guy here in Hong Kong. Just seetup my satation about a month ago and wanted to say hi. I live in Tung Chung, and have stuff to the north covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by jb_bak View Post
                                Hey guys, new guy here in Hong Kong. Just seetup my satation about a month ago and wanted to say hi. I live in Tung Chung, and have stuff to the north covered.

http://bobsaget.mooo.com:8080/
                                Hi, welcome to FR24. T-VHHH33 here.

Comment

Working...
                                X