Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ylis View Post
    jackthom: Would like to hear how you go with the Osmocom cavity filter
    Hi, it arrived yesterday and all I can say for definite is that it didn't cure the problem I had with RSSI readings which I've now put down to a Dump1090-mutability 1.14 software oddity.

The filter hasn't had a noticeable effect on range or numbers of messages/second so I'm guessing it's actually doing it's job properly in a setup that probably doesn't need it.
    It seems the filters in the LNA's I've been using were good enough to counter any nearby strong signals at this site and the cavity filter is overkill.
    I would like to get together some broad scans of the spectrum around 1090MHz with and without it for comparison when I have the time.

When I eventually get around to installing the LNA at the mast head, the cavity filter will be going in front of the amp just to make sure it's bombproof.

Comment

Originally posted by jackthom View Post
      Hi, it arrived yesterday and all I can say for definite is that it didn't cure the problem I had with RSSI readings which I've now put down to a Dump1090-mutability 1.14 software oddity.
      Have you tried dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev ?

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi

Comment

Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
        Have you tried dump1090-mutability ver 1.15~dev ?

How to Install dump1090-mutability_1.15~dev on RPi
        Yes thanks abcd567, wish I'd tried it earlier.

I only began experimenting with 1.15~dev a few days ago and it did solve the problem plus it's possible it has also improved the number of messages/second.
        I'm now using it on my main receiver as well as a test rig.

Comment

Working...
        X