Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N351wq away. Just after 1050

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I had tweeted FR24. Obviously they're on it as noticed symbol and type was changed to balloon.

Comment

• I think its a re-used code so may have been legacy marked as balloon.

N351WQ 01-06-2016 06:43 112200 N351WQ
        N351WQ 17-05-2016 16:37 111100 N351WQ
        N351WQ 17-05-2016 13:14 82900 N351WQ

Good to see the 53,000ft web-visible limit was lifted from it!

/edit spoke too soon

96500 ft showing 30,000
        Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-04-25, 00:37.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          I think its a re-used code so may have been legacy marked as balloon.

N351WQ01-06-2016 06:43112200N351WQ
          N351WQ17-05-2016 16:37111100N351WQ
          N351WQ17-05-2016 13:1482900N351WQ

Good to see the 53,000ft web-visible limit was lifted from it!

/edit spoke too soon

96500 ft showing 30,000
          Seems to be showing correct altitude now. Though it did cycle through the colours.

Comment

• Fell asleep and missed it once the cloud come over,
            But pics posted to me from far and wide (and lots of people ignoring my warning this morning and going whats that in the sky?)

Comment

• Hi. My name is Scott and I have a very crude proof of concept running near Carterton (House is still being built)

_20170426_104720.jpg
              _20170426_104857.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by scottjpalmer View Post
                Hi. My name is Scott and I have a very crude proof of concept running near Carterton (House is still being built)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8615[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8616[/ATTACH]
                Ahh so that's what junk mails for!

Hurry up and get the roof on. Today is not fast enough!

Comment

• No good for anything other than keeping toys out of the dirt.

Roof actually went on yesterday, builder went the extra mile on Anzac Day!

Comment

• Had reports of balloon seen off coast of welly this AM in the light so you guys should be seeing it unless its moved off further since I last checked

Comment

Had reports of balloon seen off coast of welly this AM in the light so you guys should be seeing it unless its moved off further since I last checked
                      I forgot to look. Also didn't get around to getting antenna movable to try and see it.

I see you had it for a while yesterday, before it dropped off.
                      Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                      Had reports of balloon seen off coast of welly this AM in the light so you guys should be seeing it unless its moved off further since I last checked

Comment

• Yep. Just shy of 111,000 ft

25-04 18:33 N351WQ

It was patchy from 530 as it got closer to the antennas oval limits at a guess. Or they switched off ADSB onto sat only. Not sure as was off FR24 for quite some time while still over land.

You can see the 90,000ft winds here and follow its probable path

See current wind, weather, ocean, and pollution conditions, as forecast by supercomputers, on an interactive animated map. Updated every three hours.

Comment

Yep. Just shy of 111,000 ft

25-0418:33N351WQ

It was patchy from 530 as it got closer to the antennas oval limits at a guess. Or they switched off ADSB onto sat only. Not sure as was off FR24 for quite some time while still over land.

You can see the 90,000ft winds here and follow its probable path

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...84,-40.85,2607
                          I love that site. Other than it being actually useful it's just such a cool map that you can sit and stare at. Was looking at it yesterday morning, then didn't look at it again.

Comment

• Been visible here in Carterton all morning

Comment

• Hi all,
                              Got a couple of toys here if anyone is interested.

I have been playing with the vector graphics in PiAware for sometime now and have just updated my code to work with PiAware 3.5.0.

There are two things you need to make this work well here in NZ, a descent JSON database and the new markers.js file. I have been building the JSON DB now from scratch since last year and it now has most of the locally visiting fleets and is up to daye with CAAs NZ register as of about two weeks ago.

PLEASE MAKE BACKUPS FIRST!

To use this you need to replace the markers.js file in /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html

Then delete all the JSON files in the /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/db and replace them with the contents of the attached zip.

You will need to reload the browser completely, I suggest testing with private/incognito mode.

There is one notable bug I have not been able to fix, I cannot get the outline on the aircraft to change when selected without considerable recoding.

When done you too can have this view:
                              350Screenshot.JPG

Here are the links to the files:
                              http://iaucklan63.net/db.zip
                              http://iaucklan63.net/markers.js

Enjoy!

Comment

• Oh damn.

Shes on its way down..

Comment

Working...
                                X