Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trigger View Post
    You can't run VRS and adsbScope simultaneously
    Why not? Just set up VRS to hear your receiver, then configure as many rebroadcast servers as you need. I have PlanePlotter and adsbScope both connected to VRS.
    Northwest Spain: F-LECO1, F-LEST1

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster View Post
      What software are you guys using to plot your coverage ?

Im using RTL dongle + rtl1090 + feeder software, but would like to produce a plot !
      adsbScope or VRS. Last version of the later produces a nice plot. This is my two FR24 boxes coverage merged in VRS

rangeplot.jpg

Comment

Im using RTL dongle + rtl1090 + feeder software, but would like to produce a plot !

Thanks
        I am using rtl1090+adsbScope to plot max range. I have also used adsb#+adsbScope. Both combinations are good.

Comment

Thanks
          Ok, Ive bagged virtual radar server... and got that running, but its moaning that 2 files are missing !
          BaseStation.sqb
          OperatorFlags

Where do I get these please ? (im in Nottingham UK, if thats needed !)

Thanks guys

EDIT: I think ive found some... ;-)

Cant see how to enable the coverage plots / outline ???????? But theres not a lot of aircraft at 2am !
          Last edited by Rooster; 2014-05-13, 00:53.

Comment

Ok, Ive bagged virtual radar server... and got that running, but its moaning that 2 files are missing !
            BaseStation.sqb
            OperatorFlags

Where do I get these please ? (im in Nottingham UK, if thats needed !)

Thanks guys

EDIT: I think ive found some... ;-)

Cant see how to enable the coverage plots / outline ???????? But theres not a lot of aircraft at 2am !
            Here you go mate; http://pp-sqb.mantma.co.uk/download.php
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Thanks 1090... I extracted the first database as per the stickies, then replaced it with the one from your link... not sure what the difference is , if any ! Still learning.
              Not seeing as many aircraft with VRS as the "radarview" in flightradar24, which I would have thought would be the same ?
              STILL cant see how you generate a receiver range plot !!!!!

Comment

• 1090, you sure reside under a busy chunk of airspace!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

STILL cant see how you generate a receiver range plot !!!!!
                  On VRS:

- Tools
                  - Options
                  - Web server
                  - 3.8 Internet users can see receiver range plots

On generated web page:

- Menu
                  - Receiver range

Comment

• Has anyone used RTL1090 with VirtualRadarServer? Up till now I have successfully used RTL1090 with adsbScope. Today, encouraged by VRS maximum range plots posted by forum members, I installed VRS version 2.02, but it does NOT connect to RTL1090. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? My receiver is DVB-T USB Dongle.

Comment

• you need rtl1090 software running... Then configure vrs to use the port set in rtl1090.
                      you also change "reciever" to something like "raw" (sorry, I'm in bed!)
                      if you're not sorted by tomorrow I can give more detail.

Sent using Tapatalk from my ZX81
                      Last edited by Rooster; 2014-05-14, 02:41.

Comment

you need rtl1090 software running... Then configure vrs to use the port set in rtl1090.
                        you also change "reciever" to something like "raw" (sorry, I'm in bed!)
                        if you're not sorted by tomorrow I can give more detail.

Thanks. I did run RTL1090 first, it ran OK (showing 2 planes only because it is 2:30 in night here, practically no flights at this hour)
                        Then I started VRS ...oops.. error message. See screenshot below:

RTL1090 Running VRS Started.png

Later addition: I tried the other way round. I first started VRS...bingo..It is running OK. I then started RTL1090 ...oops...another error message... See screenshot below:

VRS Running then RTL1090 started.PNG
                        Last edited by abcd567; 2014-05-14, 07:23.

Comment

• I suggest to use rtl1090-beta3, many nice improvements from the version you're using. Download from here

Set up rtl1090 as shown below (/30003 option, ignore others if they are not of your interest). Then configure a new receiver on VRS, Basestation format on port 30003. It sholud work.

rtl1090-vrs.jpg
                          Last edited by Breitling; 2014-05-14, 07:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Breitling View Post
                            I suggest to use rtl1090-beta3, many nice improvements from the version you're using. Download from here

Set up rtl1090 as shown below (/30003 option, ignore others if they are not of your interest). Then configure a new receiver on VRS, Basestation format on port 30003. It sholud work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4085[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks. I am very sleepy now. Will give it a try in morning... I mean afternoon (it is already morning here..quarter to four)

Comment

• Any comments?
                              "how to make a coax notch or bandpass filter": http://dl4xav.sysve.de/coax.filter/coax-filter.html

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                                Any comments?
                                "how to make a coax notch or bandpass filter": http://dl4xav.sysve.de/coax.filter/coax-filter.html
                                Not sure what your point is?
                                I have made several notch filters this way for hf-vhf.. But cannot see any benefits for this game, measurements would be critical and difficult to achieve without test gear (we would be talking fractions of a millimetre accuracy at 1ghz !

Comment

Working...
                                X