Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
    would be nice if F-YBAM1 sitting up there in Bamaga on the tip of Cape York could be given a "blue" dot to mark him as being apart of FR....
    (hrmm, I replied but it seem to vanish)
    IIRC, blue dots are only applied to major (controlled) aerodromes, no direct relation to feeders.

Comment

would be nice if F-YBAM1 sitting up there in Bamaga on the tip of Cape York could be given a "blue" dot to mark him as being apart of FR....
      You can always email to support to add that blue dot if there is an airport there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ressy View Post
        (
        IIRC, blue dots are only applied to major (controlled) aerodromes, no direct relation to feeders.
        Among many other FR24 feeder sites that are uncontrolled but blue dotted are Emerald, Longreach, Broken Hill and Leinster. Like many aspects of FR24, there appears to be no coherent system.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
          Among many other FR24 feeder sites that are uncontrolled but blue dotted are Emerald, Longreach, Broken Hill and Leinster. Like many aspects of FR24, there appears to be no coherent system.
          it would get pretty out of control if they started blue dotting every airfield I think (unless you zoom right into say a map coverage of no more than 20K's, for eg in SEQ you have Brisbane, Archerfield, Caboolture, Caloundra, Redcliffe, Amberly (OK I understand why they dont show this one), Watts's, Toowoomba, Noosa, Maroochy, Coolangatta, there is also 2 fields inland between Bris and Cooly but their names escape me at this time, likewise I'm sure west, Gatton as well IIRC, and theres stradbroke field, and the list goes on... see how wrong it would be to blue dot" every field

Comment

• I do tend to agree some what, but given that Bamaga is stuck up the top all on its own like that, its more to show the total coverage we get over OZ, It looks at first glance that the very far north is not covered.

Comment

I do tend to agree some what, but given that Bamaga is stuck up the top all on its own like that, its more to show the total coverage we get over OZ, It looks at first glance that the very far north is not covered.
              I too would mark Bamaga if for no other reason than it is, I think, the only Aussie feeder that provides some coverage into another country (PNG) but I don't think those blue dots are a really big deal in the overall scheme of things. While Bamaga gives coverage at the tip, most of the Peninsula remains one of the great coverage black spots in Oz.

Comment

• The blue dots represent airports with 5 or more ADSB equipped flights per week. IIRC

Nothing more, nothing less.

EDIT. And the F or T code really has no association with the airport. F-YBSU1 is miles away from the coded airport. As is (I believe) F-YBBN3 and F-YMAY1.
                Last edited by Lancair70; 2014-04-21, 09:19.
                F-YBNA2

Comment

• Hi Everyone,

New feeder T-YMMB11 checking in. I'm located near Doncaster in Melbourne.

Comment

• Hello to all members
                    YMEN9 located adjacent to the Southern Tip of the Flemington Racecourse here.

Have a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by DJglenmcbride View Post
                      Hello to all members
                      YMEN9 located adjacent to the Southern Tip of the Flemington Racecourse here.

Have a great day!
                      Welcome to FR24. Is YMEN9 a F or T feeder?. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonk View Post
                        Hi Everyone,

New feeder T-YMMB11 checking in. I'm located near Doncaster in Melbourne.
                        Welcome to FR24. I wonder where the other ten YMMB feeders are - I've not ever seen a single one with the Moorabbin code. Cheers.

Comment

• I have a question some one may know the answer to. What are the rules for when to turn on or off an aircraft transponder?
                          Is it up to the discretion of the pilot. Ive noticed at some busy internationl airports they keep transponders on till to the gate but here in australia they seem to shut off quickly. Is that just coverage, Flight rules in Australia, Or that certain airports are really busy so the pilot doesnt have time to get to it until they are at the gate?

Cheers

Comment

Welcome to FR24. Is YMEN9 a F or T feeder?. Cheers.
                            I'm using my own supplied and configured equipment. Is that what you mean?

Comment

Welcome to FR24. I wonder where the other ten YMMB feeders are - I've not ever seen a single one with the Moorabbin code. Cheers.
                              Thanks for the warm welcome!

Although Moorabbin is technically my closest airport I can't pick up many signals from that direction due to geographical barriers (a hill to my South). I built a coaxial collinear antenna over the weekend which has extended my coverage out to Tullamarine for aircraft ~3500ft or higher.

Arguably a T-YMMLx designation would be more appropriate

Comment

• Originally posted by DJglenmcbride View Post
                                I'm using my own supplied and configured equipment. Is that what you mean?
                                Then you are a T feeder ie T-YMEN9. The F feeders are supplied by FR24. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X