No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something strange going on here, Me thinks. Most radars only change up or down one or two positions, but there are several that are changing 7, 8 or 9 positions.

Comment

• All Christchurch feeders are scoring low.
      I suspect that there is a local DNS issue or similar that is causing connection delays and dropping some packets.
      I periodically experience connection issues using a standard browser, but this improves when I use the Google DNS servers.
      - Dedicated Raspberry Pi online permanently.

FR24.JPG
      Last edited by marke; 2017-11-05, 09:10.

Comment

• I recently had an internet connection problem with poor stability with frequent drop outs of the VDSL circuit.
        As part of the fault finding, i replaced the modem, filter and all connections.
        It transpired that the problem was in the pair feeding the house. When the pair was swapped, the problem improved, but the reporting rate was very low.
        I changed the DNS address in the modem from the default setting, to the google settings 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and the reporting rate increased dramatically.

Comment

• Also having DNS problems usually late at night when I continually lose feed contact. Originally thought it was to do with PP as I am one of the few still using this setup. Don't like fiddling with my Port Forwarding as I am not an expert in that area.

Comment

• DNS = outbound queries. Name to i.p

Port forward, open data inbound to desired destination

They aren't generally related.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• It appears that ZK-OJA is having a few issues getting on the ground in Queenstown, while other flights are holding
              Queenstown.jpg

Comment

• Oh dear.

Looks to be a few emergency services onsite too.

One to keep an eye on
                csn.JPG
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I wonder if anyone here could advise me about a friends problem. He recently has had a serious drop in his acft contact according to the Flightaware stats. He has a very good Beast operating PlanePlotter and a AIS receiver picking up shipping. Both antennas are on his roof but I suspect too close together....about 3 metres apart. As they are different frequencies and only receiving we thought 3 metres sufficient. Perhaps we were wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                    I wonder if anyone here could advise me about a friends problem. He recently has had a serious drop in his acft contact according to the Flightaware stats. He has a very good Beast operating PlanePlotter and a AIS receiver picking up shipping. Both antennas are on his roof but I suspect too close together....about 3 metres apart. As they are different frequencies and only receiving we thought 3 metres sufficient. Perhaps we were wrong.
                    If it's a drop with no other changes by him I would suggest checking aerial, cabling and connections first. I have had water in connections before with corrosion, due to bad design even though waterproof. I've also had an aerial not work as well over time which I never figured out the problem with it.

Also new cell towers close by could potentially cause problems. Also heard of people with other electrical devices in their own house interfering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                      I wonder if anyone here could advise me about a friends problem. He recently has had a serious drop in his acft contact according to the Flightaware stats. He has a very good Beast operating PlanePlotter and a AIS receiver picking up shipping. Both antennas are on his roof but I suspect too close together....about 3 metres apart. As they are different frequencies and only receiving we thought 3 metres sufficient. Perhaps we were wrong.
                      I run two radars with PI24s situated on my roof. The two anennas are only 4cm apart with no apparent affect. but who knows?

Comment

• Looks like some sort of complex rescue happening off Bay of Islands?
                        hlms.png

Comment

• Just had approval to put another F box in Welly Can retire a Pi3 or two once that's in

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                            Just had approval to put another F box in Welly Can retire a Pi3 or two once that's in
                            That's awesome news

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                              Just had approval to put another F box in Welly Can retire a Pi3 or two once that's in
                              Awesome. This for Airport based out at your place. Wonder if depending where you have it whether it will help with MLAT, though that is getting few a far between now these days. Commercial scheduled flights anyway. Wonder if you'll get F-NZWN1 back or get 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                                Awesome. This for Airport based out at your place. Wonder if depending where you have it whether it will help with MLAT, though that is getting few a far between now these days. Commercial scheduled flights anyway. Wonder if you'll get F-NZWN1 back or get 4.
                                Guessing there is no need for my location now Matt if that is going to cover the airport? I've got the bits now but have been away in Christchurch every week for the last 3 weeks so haven't had time.

Comment

Working...
                                X