FR24 Receiver Freezing - All LEDs on Continuously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 Receiver Freezing - All LEDs on Continuously

A week after reinstalling the firmware on my recently replaced FR24 receiver, I got the dreaded email saying my data had stopped uploading late last night. When I checked all the LEDs were on continuously and I had to disconnect both the ethernet and power leads to reboot it. This is about the 4th or 5th time I have found the box in this state. Checking the log only records from the start of this mornings reboot. Is this a firmware or hardware issue?
    F-EGQS1 - FR24 Receiver - located at 57.65N 2.97W

You need to contact support directly for FR24 boxes.

It's not given on forums due to the secret squirrelness
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      You need to contact support directly for FR24 boxes.

It's not given on forums due to the secret squirrelness
      Already done that but there is a general issue that needs more open debate.
      F-EGQS1 - FR24 Receiver - located at 57.65N 2.97W

Comment

Given how close the product is held to their chest, And most owners of them don't visit forum let alone monitor them once installed your chances of open debate as you call it are super thin

Infact I expect this thread would be locked/deleted before it could even take place by hands other than my own.
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by awgawg View Post
          but there is a general issue that needs more open debate.
          1. How do you know there is a "general issue"? If there were, I'm sure FR24 Support is best qualified to resolve.

2. What value do you place on a "more open debate"? What makes you think us ordinary forum members know more about this than FR24 Support?

From my own experience hosting FR24 and other receivers, I'd first look to a specific installation and device. FR24 Support can remote connect and run diagnostics on your receiver. None of us can.
          Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
          X