X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferred from windows to Pi - different code

Untitled.jpg
    Hi folks,
    I made the transition from windows to Raspberry and have got it working even if I have now got a new feed name.
    It's on the same network and the router shows it at 192.168.0.22/24
    when I finished installing it there were two addresses which would show me the statistics and the planes being tracked.
    hopefully I have uploaded a picture of someone else's display to show what I mean.
    Unfortunately I have lost those addresses and can't see them anywhere in the manual.
    Could someone help please?

Comment

Transferred DVBT from windows to Pi - different code

OK after several fruitless hours help please.
      I fed FR24 for several years until you discontinued Windows.
      I bought a Pi and after A LOT of problems it worked and I was feeding again, however my old EGHH15 became EGHH96.
      I turned everything off whilst on holiday and cannot get restarted.
      I tried the RTL2822 in a PC to confirm it and the aerial work fine.
      I have reinstalled from scratch so I am now EGHH99 or am I?
      After the success message saying I am EGHH99 Status still shows me as 96.

Submitting form data...OK

Congratulations! You are now registered and ready to share ADS-D data with Flightradar24.
      + Your radar id is T-EGHH99, please include it in all email communication with us.
      + Please make sure to start sharing data within one month from now as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted.

Thank you for supporting Flightradar24! We hope that you will enjoy our Premium services that will be available to you when you become an active feeder.

To start sending data now please execute:
      sudo systemctl start fr24feed

Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...OK
      Settings saved, please run "sudo systemctl restart fr24feed" to use new configuration.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Feed status gives this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
      [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
      [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-07-10 18:59:10.
      [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
      [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EGHH96.
      [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
      [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
      [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!
      pi@raspberrypi:~ $

An early post from Oblivian shows exactly these messages with the comment:
      - Dump1090 not actually running / unstable
      (Possible SDR device blacklist issue, Stick in Use by Dump1090 already or not present, wrong setting)
      - Feeder cannot upload to server
      But elsewhere it states that with DVTB selected Dump1090 runs automatically.
      I used the complete package to reinstall so if Dump is the problem what do I have to do to fix it?
      I have nothing else running on the Pi.

My settings page is thus, Note there is no option to save or restart.
      Untitled2.jpg

My status page is thus:
      Untitled.jpg

I apologise if this is the wrong thread

Regards
      David

Comment

Originally posted by 747skipper View Post
        OK after several fruitless hours help please.
        I fed FR24 for several years until you discontinued Windows.
        I bought a Pi and after A LOT of problems it worked and I was feeding again, however my old EGHH15 became EGHH96.
        I turned everything off whilst on holiday and cannot get restarted.
        I tried the RTL2822 in a PC to confirm it and the aerial work fine.
        I have reinstalled from scratch so I am now EGHH99 or am I?
        After the success message saying I am EGHH99 Status still shows me as 96.

Submitting form data...OK

Congratulations! You are now registered and ready to share ADS-D data with Flightradar24.
        + Your radar id is T-EGHH99, please include it in all email communication with us.
        + Please make sure to start sharing data within one month from now as otherwise your ID/KEY will be deleted.

Thank you for supporting Flightradar24! We hope that you will enjoy our Premium services that will be available to you when you become an active feeder.

To start sending data now please execute:
        sudo systemctl start fr24feed

Saving settings to /etc/fr24feed.ini...OK
        Settings saved, please run "sudo systemctl restart fr24feed" to use new configuration.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo systemctl restart fr24feed

Feed status gives this:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo fr24feed-status
        [ ok ] FR24 Feeder/Decoder Process: running.
        [ ok ] FR24 Stats Timestamp: 2019-07-10 18:59:10.
        [ ok ] FR24 Link: connected [UDP].
        [ ok ] FR24 Radar: T-EGHH96.
        [ ok ] FR24 Tracked AC:.
        [FAIL] Receiver: down ... failed!
        [FAIL] FR24 MLAT: not running ... failed!

An early post from Oblivian shows exactly these messages with the comment:
        - Dump1090 not actually running / unstable
        (Possible SDR device blacklist issue, Stick in Use by Dump1090 already or not present, wrong setting)
        - Feeder cannot upload to server
        But elsewhere it states that with DVTB selected Dump1090 runs automatically.
        I used the complete package to reinstall so if Dump is the problem what do I have to do to fix it?
        I have nothing else running on the Pi.

My settings page is thus, Note there is no option to save or restart.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10901[/ATTACH]

My status page is thus:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]10902[/ATTACH]

I apologise if this is the wrong thread

Regards
        David
        I moved this plainly because the other was for the Virtual environment, not a separate Pi.

F5/refresh will get the proper details and the save buttons back. Or they may be missing from the config file.

Every time you use the Pi24 image bundle it will re-request a new key/ID. That's why it comes with a disclaimer to use only once. And manually run sudo fr24feed --signup (or --reconfigure) to re-request the existing one instead or you will lose the original ID

The only option to get it back, is login to your account on the webpage. (Hope its not been deleted) And replace the sharing key with your original one in the config and restart.

First things first. Which instructions did you use to image the device. A guide here, or the very vague website ones? Some have additional steps that may have changed the way things work depending on which you follow.

Your best method for diagnosis. Is turn on logging. Or stop the feeder. And start it while watching full output for errors.

sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
        sudo fr24feed

ctrl-z will cancel it once you see whats wrong. Chances are, it will be reporting error -6 because dump1090 has crashed and still running. A reboot and then re-checking the status is the best way to confirm this.

Feel free to post/discuss suggestions here http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...4840#post74840 (http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/9875-Info-Updates-Ammendments-Placeholder?p=74840#post74840) This guide is not to be taken as officially sourced support information. It is contributor-made Information has been repeated many
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

747skipper:

I'd recommend using dump1090-fa, such problems are much easier debugged because it does proper logging.

This is an easy install that takes care to change fr24feed config and even provides the map that comes with the old dump1090:
          Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

If you don't like scripts, here is a manual version:
          Solutions to common problems using dump1090 variants and ADS-B feeders - wiedehopf/adsb-wiki

What do you mean with "Used the complete package to reinstall"?
          If you installed dump1090-mutability manually then there can be problems with it starting independently of fr24feed and blocking the dongle.
          In that case and if you don't like the options above which i recommend, you can try the following:
          Code:
          sudo systemctl disable dump1090-mutability
          sudo systemctl stop dump1090-mutability
          sudo systemctl restart fr24feed
          fr24feed-status
          Let me know what you chose to do and if it worked.
          If it doesn't we'll have to keep digging

Oh now that i looked at your screenshots, somehow there seems to be no feeder key configured.
          I'm not sure how that would happen, can you check if there is a key in the configuration:
          cat /etc/fr24feed.ini

Edit: I'll just leave my post here in case he checks this thread instead of the one you moved his post to Oblivian.
          I don't think there is any notification on this forum so people don't find the answers to their own posts.

Edit2: oh well i'll clean this post up in a couple of days. (if i forget and you see it, feel free to clean it up )
          Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-11, 00:23.

Comment

Hi Wiedehopf
            Thanks to you and to Oblivian. I've been away and because I'm flying blind in these programming languages I need to be on top form when I try and solve it.
            I tried your .....adsb-wi...for-dump1090fa"
            (I'm not allowed to post links) which means I can't post the result I got.

I will try replacing the beginng of urls with Rhubarb

and got this response:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo bash -c "$(wget -q -O - Rhubarb raw.githubusercontent.com/wiedehopf/adsb-wiki/master/install-complete.sh)"

Selecting previously unselected package piaware-repository.
            (Reading database ... 52837 files and directories currently installed.)
            Preparing to unpack repository.deb ...
            Unpacking piaware-repository (3.7.1) ...
            Setting up piaware-repository (3.7.1) ...
            Err:1 Rhubarbraspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian stretch InRelease
            Temporary failure resolving 'raspbian.raspberrypi.org'
            Err:2 Rhubarb repo.feed.flightradar24.com flightradar24 InRelease
            Temporary failure resolving 'repo.feed.flightradar24.com'
            Err:3 Rhubarb flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages stretch InRelease
            Temporary failure resolving 'flightaware.com'
            Err:4 Rhubarb archive.raspberrypi.org/debian stretch InRelease
            Temporary failure resolving 'archive.raspberrypi.org'
            Reading package lists... Done
            W: Failed to fetch Rhubarb raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/dists/stretch/InRelease Temporary failure resolving 'raspbian.raspberrypi.org'
            W: Failed to fetch Rhubarb repo.feed.flightradar24.com/dists/flightradar24/InRelease Temporary failure resolving 'repo.feed.flightradar24.com'
            W: Failed to fetch Rhubarb flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/files/packages/dists/stretch/InRelease Temporary failure resolving 'flightaware.com'
            W: Failed to fetch Rhubarb archive.raspberrypi.org/debian/dists/stretch/InRelease Temporary failure resolving 'archive.raspberrypi.org'
            W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
            Building dependency tree
            Reading state information... Done
            E: Unable to locate package dump1090-fa
            Couldn't install dump1090-fa! (Maybe try again?)
            Job for lighttpd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
            See "systemctl status lighttpd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
            --------------
            --------------
            All done! Webinterface available at Rhubarb /dump1090
            pi@raspberrypi:~ $ hash -r

so I did try again, this time ensuring that the command you gave was all on one line as I noted that the forum had split it onto two lines.
            result

Building dependency tree
            Reading state information... Done
            E: Unable to locate package dump1090-fa
            Couldn't install dump1090-fa! (Maybe try again?)
            Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/timers.target.wants/dump1090-fa-autogain.timer → /lib/systemd/system/dump1090-fa-autogain.timer.

I will try your other options.

I have put my feeder key into the config file, but sometimes when I go back to config, all the boxes I fill are empty.
            Thanks again for your help, what's so frustrating is that I have been a commercial programmer and am fluent in a couple of languages but with Linux I am reduced to a total beginner! (what is SUDO? What is BASH? Lprint, Do While, Step etc I understand) I don't really want to learn another language just to regain what I had working well under Windows.

However pilots don't give up so I WILL get this working. (with your help)
            Regards
            D

Comment

Hi wiedehopf
              here is my Current status and config.

fr24 status 21July2019.jpg
              fr24 21July2019.jpg

Regards
              David

Comment

747skipper:
                So it seems your RPi has DNS problems.

You can try this
                Code:
                sudo sed -i -e '0,/nameserver/{s/nameserver.*/nameserver 8.8.8.8/}' /etc/resolv.conf
                Then try the install script again.
                Last edited by wiedehopf; 2019-07-21, 09:10.

Comment

Fine, Better?

I actually wan't to go on a prune. And lock things down to ABCDs guides.

And a couple of merged similar-fault topic based threads while renaming them

Recently did this for the pre feeder v20 threads that had their own issues totally different. Cause people were referring to old OS instructions that no longer exist

Theres a bit of an issue with users and search terms - a few too many people digging up ancient ones for one thing, then steering off to something unrelated that was addressed in newer ones and you end up with contamination.
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                    747skipper:
                    So it seems your RPi has DNS problems.

You can try this
                    Code:
                    sudo sed -i -e '0,/nameserver/{s/nameserver.*/nameserver 8.8.8.8/}' /etc/resolv.conf
                    Then try the install script again.

wiedehopf:
                    Don't know if my last reply posted or not.
                    I've tried twice with same result.
                    Your line quoted above ran fine.

But the install failed again with DNS errors:
                    The following additional packages will be installed:
                    bladerf bladerf-fpga-hostedx40 libbladerf-udev libbladerf1 libtecla1
                    Suggested packages:
                    bladerf-firmware
                    The following NEW packages will be installed:
                    bladerf bladerf-fpga-hostedx40 dump1090-fa libbladerf-udev libbladerf1
                    libtecla1
                    0 upgraded, 6 newly installed, 0 to remove and 93 not upgraded.
                    Need to get 2,515 kB of archives.

6 counts of "Temporary failure resolving 'flightaware.com'"

Accessed "raspbian.raspberrypi.org/" in chrome and get normal display INDEX OF ROOT display

Any more ideas or is it time to reformat the SD and start over????
                    D

Comment

I think you should be focusing on ensuring you have the right receiver/device type before replacing the feeder software - it shouldn't be reading 0

Depending on the method first setup it should have been fire and forget.
                      Host/IP should have been left blank per your earlier shot. Unless you followed some instructions and it is now only partly configured for one method while installing the other (IE type Beast-TCP IP/Port localhost:30005 instead)

Can you go back and answer the previous questions

Hi folks, I made the transition from windows to Raspberry and have got it working even if I have now got a new feed name. It's on the same network and the router shows it at 192.168.0.22/24 when I finished installing it there were two addresses which would show me the statistics and the planes being tracked. hopefully I

First things first. Which instructions did you use to image the device. A guide here, or the very vague website ones? Some have additional steps that may have changed the way things work depending on which you follow.

Your best method for diagnosis. Is turn on logging. Or stop the feeder. And start it while watching full output for errors.

sudo systemctl stop fr24feed
                      sudo fr24feed

ctrl-z will cancel it once you see whats wrong. Chances are, it will be reporting error -6 because dump1090 has crashed and still running. A reboot and then re-checking the status is the best way to confirm this.

https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...ll=1#post74834

Comment

747skipper:

Most likely you are having a problem with IPv6.

Use these commands and run the install script again, hopefully it works this time.

Code:
                        sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
                        sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
                        Try the install script a few times if it doesn't work at first, maybe the connection is just intermittent.

Oblivian: The install script fixes the fr24feed configuration and sets it to beast-tcp and assigns correct host and port.
                        But this configuration wasn't yet changed because there were errors install dump1090-fa.

If you want to move stuff to a new thread, maybe just put the username in the thread title
                        Anyway thanks for the efforts i'll shut up now and let you do as you wish!

Comment

Originally posted by wiedehopf View Post
                          747skipper:

Oblivian: The install script fixes the fr24feed configuration and sets it to beast-tcp and assigns correct host and port.
                          But this configuration wasn't yet changed because there were errors install dump1090-fa.
                          !
                          That may be.

But his first image - no port is set, just DVBT.

And the current one, DVBT and a port/IP of 30002 set

And we know how well that works.

So without knowing still what instructions were used to set it up. It may well have been the Mutability install ABCD did, and it's running as a service (being busted when going DVBT again)

I know yours will likely fix that, but we still don't know if its actually a DVBT/SDR either.

Comment

Oblivian:

He mentioned somewhere he's running an rtl2822 and tested that stick on windows to confirm it's working with the aerial.
                            I assume somehow fr24feed failed to install dump1090 (he mentioned package install).

Maybe that failure was already due to apt install or wget not working due to the name resolution problems he is having.

Anyway i've changed my script to eliminate http:// and @ from the output, so if people post it you don't need to change as much to Rhubarb in the future.
                            I was quite confused and looked for apt error with Rhubarb in the error output, the theme being very raspberry like i suspected a clone of Raspbian or something
                            The pi@pi on the command line though is something i can't fix :/

Comment

Ahh yep, RTL2382 mention was buried in there too.

To be fair I often skip most the extra stuff unless its pretty clear in short n sweet details (kinda why I requested a short checklist template to get it out front first)

I've tried to add 'dont use @s' in as many places as I can. But still occurs.

Ones you can't remove in the result or in-line (if they include the command run)?

A regex match should be able to null it if a result. or a charshift 6-rightor similar

Comment

Working...
                              X