Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Hi people:

Help!! I got the DVB-T hooked up installed all the software as per the instuctions on this site. I cant seem to get the Data port changed on the RTL1090 shortcut. Have tried imputing
    in the Target box what it says to imput from the install instructions. :/30003 parameter in the target. When i try this i get a msg saying the info cant be found in the folder the exe file is in.
    Maybe im imputing something wrong. Any ideas??

Regards Andrew Dale.

Can you post a screenshot of the Properties of the shortcut you use to successfully start RTL1090 and another one with the port 30003 parameter?

Comment

^^ Hes on the right path. Targets have to contain the main .exe in speechmarks " " and any variables or extra switches need to be after the speechmark

IE

"c:\program files\rtl1090\rtl1090.exe" /30003

(that is, if /30003 denotes how to change the port)
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Screenshot 1.PNGscreenshot 2.PNGHeres some screenshots guys:

Comment

Ok i managed to get it to connect, thanks for the info guys. i followed your example Oblivian.

Regards Andy

Comment

TV Tuner Decoding User Questions

Hi guys:

I finally got the DVB-T Receiver to hook up the Rtl 1090. I have a couple of questions. First one is, where it says you need a minimum of 2 planes in the flightradar data feeder, is that only a one
            time thing to get the sharing key?? The second one is if i get an extra long extension cable to plug into the DVB-t receiver can i have this indor anntena sitting outside for the time being so i can get up and sharing.

If i need to get a new external anntena for the reciver i have where can one get a dedicated 1090 Mhz attenna??

Regards Andrew Dale

Comment

Hi Andrew

Yes, the two aircraft are only required to complete the feeder Sign Up procedure and grant you a sharing key.

I would recommend low loss coax to extend the antenna lead. I'm not sure what's available in Canada, but H155 is what we use.

Try and keep the coax length as short as possible and use good connectors, installed carefully.

I'd invest in the cable first and find an optimum location for the supplied antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                Hi guys:

I finally got the DVB-T Receiver to hook up the Rtl 1090. I have a couple of questions. First one is, where it says you need a minimum of 2 planes in the flightradar data feeder, is that only a one
                time thing to get the sharing key?? The second one is if i get an extra long extension cable to plug into the DVB-t receiver can i have this indor anntena sitting outside for the time being so i can get up and sharing.

If i need to get a new external anntena for the reciver i have where can one get a dedicated 1090 Mhz attenna??

Regards Andrew Dale
                Hi Andrew,

The 'minimum 2 AP' is for getting the sharing key. After that it is up to your antennas.

The longer the cable is the more loss it will be. Especially the cable supplied antennas is very small. I recommend to have long USB cable instead.

For the 1090MHz, there are commercially available on the net, just search for ADS-B or 1090 MHz antenna. Or you can make one by yourself. The diagram is available also on the net.

regards

Sent from my iPad 2 Limited Ed. using Tapatalk HD
                T-VTBD1 : RadarBox 3km North of VTBD
                T-VTBD2 : RPi MLAT 300m South of VTBD

Comment

Hey can anyone tell me what the remote control that comes with the DVB-T usb stick and antenna is for??

Regards Andrew Dale.

Comment

The remote can control the DVB-T stick software on your computer. Like turning the TV channels,etc for those users in the DVB-T areas. (Canada uses ATSC)

It is the DVB European-based consortium standard for the broadcast transmission of digital terrestrial television that was first published in 1997
                    Countries and territories using DVB-T ( Digital Video Broadcasting — Terrestrial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVB-T )

Antenna is to pick up signals over the air like TV,FM,AM,ADS-B data

P.S Most Canada,etc users throw the remote in the junk drawer and use the CR battery for something. :-)
                    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-05-11, 05:36.
                    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Ok people, still trying to learn this system, what does this mean In the RTL1090 box i have readings like this Under the ICAO tiltle it says A875A3 under the ALT heading it says F360 why does it not pick up the actual flight number, just curious i know it picks up other planes, just trying to decifer what it means when it doesent give you the actual flight number.

Comment

The value under the ICAO column is the unique 'HEX' value assigned to the aircraft by ICAO (an international aviation organisation under the UN). This is what truely identifies the aircraft. This is the key to look up further information about the aircraft in the Flightradar24 databases. That would be registration, type etc.

The Callsign (C/S) is entered by the crew before each flight, and is the key to look up information about the flight like the flight no., departure and destination aerodrome etc. So this dependent on the crew getting it right. Occationaly you will see flights with information that is obviously wrong or missing.

The transponder in the aircraft will also transmit altitude (ALT), possible an assigned altitude (MCP), vertical ascent/decent (VS), ground speed (GS), true track (TT) and finally a squawk code (SSR). The squawk code is unique to the aircraft, but only during that flight and only in the region it is flying in at the moment. And then of course position, which you do not see in the list.

Only aircraft that are fully ADS-B equipped will transmit all the formation. Many smaller/older aircraft are only equipped with a limited S-mode transponder. They will only transmit the HEX code, callsign, altitude and squawk code (SSR). So no position, and therefore they will not show up on Flightradar24.

About callsigns and flight numbers:
                        Each airline is assigned a three-letter designator by ICAO (The UN organisation coordinating all technical aspects of international aviation). This forms the start for the callsign and the airline then extends it to make it unique within the airline. Aircraft not flying for an airline would typically use their registration as callsign. An example could be Air Canada which has the designator ACA. A callsign could then be ACA001. The callsign is used in all communication with Air Traffic Controllers etc and therefore it's what the transponder transmits.

An airline would also be a member of IATA, which is the international organisation for commercial aviation - a private coordinating organisation. IATA takes care of practical aspects around scheduled flights. IATA assigns a two letter designator to the airlines and this forms the start of the flight number. Air Canada is AC and a flight no could be AC001. The flight number is used internally in the airline and between airlines, and it is what the customers would recognise.
                        Last edited by Kpin; 2013-05-12, 18:53.

Comment

Thanks Kpin, your help is much appreciated, i understand things now.

Also anyone know if you can see you own radar callsign on the maps anywhere, if you can i cant find mine. and if u can how do you do it.

Comment

I am in Canada, ontario to be exact, anyone know where i can get an extension to the 1090 mhz attenna that came with my DVB-T usb stick, its only 3 ft long. I have looked everywhere in Sarnia, at the Source, future shop, they look at me like i have 2 heads LOL.

If anyone knows of anywhere msg me the details so i can look it up and order some.

Comment

The DVB-T stick doesn't include a 1090Mhz antenna. Unless you made an order somewhere that is selling an actual 1090Mhz antenna with the coaxial cable and adapters. Either way, the best option for performance, it's to keep the connection between the antenna and the DVB-T stick as small as possible, but you can get an USB Extension cable for the DVB-T stick to the USB port of the computer. That's a much better option.

Comment

Working...
                              X