Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

This software has been removed and is not supported as feeding software any more!

We have prepared a beta version of our Linux feeding software.

Builds for different architectures can be downloaded using links below:

x86/i386, dynamically linked (23/04/2014):

Use "fr24feed_x86_242 --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY" to run the software.

x64, dynamically linked (23/04/2014):

Use "fr24feed_x86_242 --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY" to run the software.

ARM LE, dynamically linked (23/04/2014):

Use "fr24feed_arm-le_242 --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY" to run the software.

ARM Raspberry-Pi, dynamically linked (07/05/2014):

Use "fr24feed_arm-rpi_242 --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY" to run the software.

ARM LE, statically linked (23/04/2014):

Use "FR24AUTHIP=83.140.247.20 ./fr24feed_arm-le_241s --fr24key=YOUR_SHARING_KEY" to run the software. - Use only if it fails to connect with errno=111!

1. You can now overwrite basestation host/ip with --bs-ip=HOSTNAME/IP --bs-port=NNNNN
    2. If you want the application to terminate after there's no data for 15 minutes, please add --self-kill=yes to the argument list
    3. The FR24AUTHIP environmental variable is no longer necessary for static builds
    4. Floating point compatibility issues should be resolved across ARM platforms, please try --test=math to verify.
    5. Starting from version 242 you can use self-registration, just use --signup on startup and follow the instructions.

----------------------

FR24feed for Linux works just as the Windows software, it connects to Basestation stream (localhost:30003 by default) and processes the output. That means that you need to decode the data from your receiver before fr24feed can upload the data. If you need to change ip or port, please contact us, as it is changed server side. If you have a receiver and don't know how to decode the data, we can provide you with a special version that includes decoding. Please send an e-mail with information about your receiver and setup. Please note that special software requests may take 1-4 weeks to handle as we are quite heavily loaded with tasks.

If you have any questions, comments or just manage to get it working, please let us know.
    Last edited by piopawlu; 2014-04-23, 08:21. Reason: new version, 242 ARM, x86

Hi Mike,
    Can you build this software for ARM9-based processor (ARM926EJ-S for example)?
    Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mike,

my raspberry PI shows the following:

# cat /proc/cpuinfo
      Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)

on debian 6 (squeeze) ARM.

Best regards

Willi

On Rasperry Pi:
      • GNS 5890 (v3) using adsbox, RTL2832U/R820T SDL using dump1090
      • Feeding FR24 using fr24feed_arm-le_225s

Comment

Hi, Mike

Thanks for the linux version 222.
        I downloaded it and tried it using the indicated command line ./fr24feed_x8x_222 --fr24key=XXX
        I keep getting the same error when it starts :

[i]Downloading configuration...ERROR
        []:

I'm currently successfully using version fr24feed_x8x_210_2.6 with the following params : --net-ip=83.140.247.21 --net-email=MYAIRORT --net-pass=MYPASS/SHARINGKEY --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --bs-port=30003 --latitude=MYLAT --longitude=-0.42280

My box is running the 2.6.32-41-generic kernel

Thanks

Comment

Walt/whz: Do you need decoder as well, or upload only? In case you need decoder, what receiver do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by perefouras View Post
            Hi, Mike

Thanks for the linux version 222.
            I downloaded it and tried it using the indicated command line ./fr24feed_x8x_222 --fr24key=XXX
            I keep getting the same error when it starts :

[i]Downloading configuration...ERROR
            []:

I'm currently successfully using version fr24feed_x8x_210_2.6 with the following params : --net-ip=83.140.247.21 --net-email=MYAIRORT --net-pass=MYPASS/SHARINGKEY --bs-ip=127.0.0.1 --bs-port=30003 --latitude=MYLAT --longitude=-0.42280

My box is running the 2.6.32-41-generic kernel

Thanks
            Please try this updated version

Comment

Mike,
              I need upload only.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Thanks Mike for the quick reply !
                Version 222b2 works much better... I've switched to it and it's feeding right now.

Are the old command line params (--latitude --longitude...) deprecated, or are there new ones that I could/should use ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  Walt/whz: Do you need decoder as well, or upload only? In case you need decoder, what receiver do you have?
                  Hello Mike,

I have a microADSB. Decoder would be nice.

Regards

Willi

On Rasperry Pi:

Comment

Originally posted by Walt View Post
                    Mike,
                    I need upload only.
                    Hello Walt,

how are you going to decode?

-- Willi

On Rasperry Pi:

Comment

Hello Willi,

I use an adsbox software http://diseqc.org.ua/projects/hard/a...0120427.tar.gz (site in Russian but is available readme in English in tar). The software decodes data and has an internal HTTP-server and allows to visualize data in Google Earth. The source and kernel 2.6.33 were compiled by ARM9 cross-tool from buildroot (http://buildroot.uclibc.org). I use the same controller as is shown in the site and have a microADSB too.

BR,
                      Walt

Comment

Originally posted by Walt View Post
                        Thanks for confirmation about adsbox! Before I bought my micoADSB I have seen this software already.

I got my microADSB yesterday and have tested it on Windows using ADSBScope. Worked very well. I have seen more planes in my area than shown on FR24 (airport CGN = EDDK, I am living near the airport). But it maybe that the other feeders have just turned off their Windows machines. This is not going to happen on linux ;-)

I have planned to compile adsbox at this weekend on my Raspberry PI or sheevaplug (native compile, no crosscompiling).

Do you also have experience that the decoding of adsbox is fully compatible with feeding FR24? In the source I have seen that it generates these types of messages (like "MSG,...").

Regards Willi
                        Last edited by whz; 2012-09-21, 08:44.

On Rasperry Pi:

Comment

Originally posted by whz View Post
                          Hello Mike,

I have a microADSB. Decoder would be nice.

Regards

Willi
                          Hello Mike,

as Walt indends to use adsbox for decoding it is sufficient for me to get a feeder software without decoding also!
                          This also allows me to archive my local data using adsbox.

I have seen the following documentation of the SBS decoding format: http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/S...ocket_Data.htm
                          Is this the format that your feeder software expects on port 30003?

Regards

Willi
                          Last edited by whz; 2012-09-21, 08:53.

On Rasperry Pi:

Comment

I have seen the following documentation of the SBS decoding format: http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/S...ocket_Data.htm
                            Is this the format that your feeder software expects on port 30003?
                            Correct! I hope the uploading software for ARM will be ready today or Monday.

Comment

I have seen the following documentation......
                              You may like to read the Kinetic API:

Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X