Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up Virtual Radar to feed to Flightradar24

Hi,

Is there any detailed instruction available on how to set up Virtual Radar to feed to Flightradar24?

I understand it should be TCP30003 capable, but I have no idea what that is or how to set it up.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!

Try adding a Rebroadcast Servers entry to BaseStation Format on port 30003.

Comment

Thank you for wanting to help, although I have no idea what the help was...

Could you please give more detailed information on how to do this? Or point to a manual that might explain?

I am hosting a FR24 receiver already at my work location in Kirkenes, but this is a more home-made setup at my home location in Kristiansand. I'm using a USB-TV Dongle as ADS-B receiver via ASDB# software to Virtual Radar. I set up the system in the last few days, but have very limited knowledge of either software. I see the system performs fairly well via the Virtual Radar local or network address, but when trying to see traffic via the internet address I get 404 error. Must this be solved before feeding to Flightradar24 perhaps?

Also, I've not downloaded the FR24 feeding software yet. Maybe I should just do that and see if it works?

Comment

Tools---options----General---rebroadcast servers---new

ddd.png

Or you can feed directly from RTL1090 to FR24 feeding sw and this is how
        Just follow the instructions to create an account and obtain sharing key.
        The feeder software will not issue a sharing key unless it detects decoded data on TCP port 30003 with positional messages from two or more aircraft. If the RTL1090 window has less than two aircraft with asterisks, please move the antenna to a better location where it can “see” more sky. Or consider using a high performance ADS-B antenna such as the PCB-1090-MCX Mode-S /ADS-B antenna which includes an MCX-plug to connect to your DVB-T stick.
        By default, RTL1090 outputs TCP data to port 31001and this must be changed to port 30003 to use our feeder software.
        If you are using RTL1090 Build 100 released on 17 MAR 13, you must use a command line parameter to change the port to 30003. The simplest way to implement this is to create a Shortcut to RTL1090.exe and include the “/30003” parameter in the Target.
        Make sure you use the correct folder path with a space between “exe” and “/30003”:
        rtl1090.exe/30003 = Incorrect
        rtl1090.exe /30003 = Correct
        dvbt-stick-adsb-receiver-56_260.jpg

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-04, 15:05.
        For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Okey!

I'll try the Virtual Radar Server option you provided.

I do not know what the RTL1090 software is.

I use ADSB# and Virtual Radar Server as of now.

Comment

RTL1090 is same thing as ADSB#

VRS will do the job.
            I'm here if you need any help
            For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggorm View Post
              Is there any detailed instruction available on how to set up Virtual Radar to feed to Flightradar24?
              I don't know anything about Virtual Radar, but today I got my BaseStation software to connect with the FR24feed app by going to "Settings", "Hardware Settings", and choosing the "Network" tab. It shows an IP of 127.0.0.1, which is my computer (I'm connected by USB), which I left alone. The port was something like 10001, which I changed to 30003, then pressed "OK" and fired up the FR24feed app, filled in the necessary information, and almost instantly got issued a sharing key.

I'm in an area that doesn't get many planes with ADS-B transponders, so I also went into "Settings", "Data Settings", the "SBS1" tab, and selected "Process Mode S Air to Air Replies", "Process TIS-B Messages" and "Process ADS-R Messages". This increases the potential sources of data to include ground repeaters and TCAS traffic from other planes. The FR24feed software requires at least 2 concurrent active flights showing all data fields before it will issue a sharing key and take the feed.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X