X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam26K
    replied
    Originally posted by RIN67630 View Post

Putting it on a cable extension is not an option: the voltage drop ist too important to guarantee a good fnuction of this power-hungry stick.
    I am currently running it from a powered USB hub, but that makes a lot of uncool cables...
    Is your pi able to power the stick you have now directly from a USB port? If not, a smaller stick will probably not work any better and you have a power problem to your RPi. You should be able to use a 6" USB extension cable to connect your stick to the pi with minimal voltage loss. How are you powering your pi? Long cables don't work well for input power.

Leave a comment:

• nzradar
    replied
    See these ones, sold on a number of sites, I have one plugged directly into my RPi2 and I can get two other standard USB cables into the lower ports.

Leave a comment:

• EGGD11
    replied
    I use the same stick on an RPI 2 attached to a 5m USB3 extension and have no voltage drops, I also have an RPI B connected to a 10M repeater extension again no issues. I tested the stick with and with out the extension and it made no difference in performance to the data received.

It has been said that voltage drops on the RPI can be caused by poor quality power adaptors. I use iPad power supply's and provide more than the minimum required.

You can get a smaller stick like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-USB-D.../131719552829? but 'im unsure if anyone has had any success with them.

EGGD11

Leave a comment:

• less bulky RTL2832U dongle, that does not block 3 USB ports from the Pi

Hi users,

I am currently using a RTL2832U like that one: http://www.ebay.de/itm/RTL2832U-R820...-/191481882305

It is known to work well, but the stick is really bulky and blocks two additional USB ports from the Raspberry Pi.
    Putting it on a cable extension is not an option: the voltage drop ist too important to guarantee a good fnuction of this power-hungry stick.
    I am currently running it from a powered USB hub, but that makes a lot of uncool cables...

Which stick in the same price category would be as good for DUMP1090 and be less bulky?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards

Laszlo
Working...
X