Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antenna type

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    good to know, thank you.

    i will do test later at home with the cutted antenna

    Comment


    • #17
      well i cut the antenna but i dont see to much difference, i will leave it just like that.

      i see many more mlat but no one shows on my dump1090 =(

      ModeS: A013C0 Callsign: N/A
      Lat: N/A
      Long: N/A
      Alt: 28000ft
      SQW: 1775

      ModeS: A4B21B Callsign: N/A
      Lat: N/A
      Long: N/A
      Alt: 35000ft
      SQW: 4571

      ModeS: A52A9B Callsign: N/A
      Lat: N/A
      Long: N/A
      Alt: 27850ft
      SQW: 0000

      ModeS: A7CEE0 Callsign: N/A
      Lat: N/A
      Long: N/A
      Alt: 4700ft
      SQW: 0000

      ModeS: AA1F65 Callsign: N/A
      Lat: N/A
      Long: N/A
      Alt: 40975ft
      SQW: 0000

      just appeared one Distance from Site: 103.2 NM / 191.1 km

      this is how i have the antenna right now, dont laught!

      antena.jpg

      should i use a can? or move the antenna to another side?

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by dedicados View Post

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7557[/ATTACH]

        should i use a can? or move the antenna to another side?
        Try both. First add a can, then move the antenna+can.

        Keep the chopped whip. It definately performs better than the original full length whip, although you may not notice the difference without tools like graphs I have used.

        Antennas are a bit unpredictable. Only trying different things will show what is best.

        What is the length of coax from antenna to dvb-t dongle? Adding an amplifier greately improves reception in most cases.
        Last edited by abcd567; 2016-05-27, 21:20.

        Comment


        • #19
          no coaxial, i have the USB behind the SKY antenna, and a usb to my raspberry pi

          right now i have this


          avioness.png

          for the time of the post the farest is

          Distance from Site: 120.2 NM / 222.6 km

          Comment


          • #20
            The 120NM maximum range is too low for an outdior roof mounted antenna with less than a meter coax.

            First check what is the maximum range you can get from your location and antenna height from the step-by-step method I have posted:

            What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

            .

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
              The 120NM maximum range is too low for an outdior roof mounted antenna with less than a meter coax.

              First check what is the maximum range you can get from your location and antenna height from the step-by-step method I have posted:

              What is the Maximum Range I can Get?

              .

              Hey, it seems to be depending the day traffic, yesterday i see a plane at 230NM!! today i have this one

              Distance from Site: 193.4 NM / 358.1 km

              i will try adding the can at the bottom and test, do you recommend me to change it for the coaxial antenna? or just leave as it.

              Comment


              • #22
                for example, now


                planes0528.png

                Comment


                • #23
                  I am using the 8 element coco self made RG6 cable, distance is not stable. Max can go is about 140nm. But sometime less than 100nm all the times. Antenna was 60 feets high 360 sky.
                  Any idea?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by maxxtech View Post
                    I am using the 8 element coco self made RG6 cable, distance is not stable. Max can go is about 140nm. But sometime less than 100nm all the times. Antenna was 60 feets high 360 sky.
                    Any idea?
                    can you show us picture of antenna and where is mounted?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by dedicados View Post
                      can you show us picture of antenna and where is mounted?
                      Thank you.
                      I will get a photo asap. Was install at my work place and tomorrow was off day. Get back on monday.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        abcd567 bro, do you think this kind of antenna can get more reception? it has a booster included.

                        http://www.steren.com.mx/mini-antena...l-booster.html ( Frecuencia de operación: UHF 470-862 MHz ) but maybe cutted

                        and also this filter

                        http://www.steren.com.mx/aislador-de...e-coaxial.html
                        Last edited by dedicados; 2016-05-29, 15:58.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dedicados View Post
                          abcd567 bro, do you think this kind of antenna can get more reception? it has a booster included.

                          http://www.steren.com.mx/mini-antena...l-booster.html ( Frecuencia de operación: UHF 470-862 MHz ) but maybe cutted
                          The price shown on this page is $295. If you have so much money ($295) to pay, then send the money to me. I will purchase the antenna, booster (amplifier), power adaptor etc for $30 and mail you, and keep remaining $265 in my pocket, and say "Thank you dedicados"

                          This is not a filter. It is DC isolating unit which blocks DC to reach to antenna. The price shown on this page is $180. If you are ready to spend $180 for it, send me the money, I will purchase one filter for $22 and mail it to you, and keep $158 in my pocket, and say again "Thank you dedicados"
                          Last edited by abcd567; 2016-05-29, 16:58.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                            The price shown on this page is $295. If you have so much money ($295) to pay, then send the money to me. I will purchase the antenna, booster (amplifier), power adaptor etc for $30 and mail you, and keep remaining $265 in my pocket, and say "Thank you dedicados"


                            This is not a filter. It is DC isolating unit which blocks DC to reach to antenna. The price shown on this page is $180. If you are ready to spend $180 for it, send me the money, I will purchase one filter for $22 and mail it to you, and keep $158 in my pocket, and say again "Thank you dedicados"
                            lol, those are MXN not USD.

                            antenna with boost = 17 USD

                            what you did not tell me si, if the first one can to help to increase range

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by dedicados View Post
                              lol, those are MXN not USD.

                              antenna with boost = 17 USD

                              what you did not tell me si, if the first one can to help to increase range
                              Sí, pero no mucho.
                              Antena + Booster: Frecuencia de operación: UHF 470-862 MHz
                              ADS-B: Frecuencia de operación 1090 MHz

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                                Sí, pero no mucho.
                                Antena + Booster: Frecuencia de operación: UHF 470-862 MHz
                                ADS-B: Frecuencia de operación 1090 MHz
                                but normal antenna of usb stick is the same frequency, isn't?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X