Receiver & wifi bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver & wifi bridge

This is what happen when i've displaced the 5ghz UBNT wifi bridge just at the bottom of my FR24 official antenna.

fr24-1.jpg

The ADS-B signal can be destroyed if there are any other signal transmitters nearby. Especially GSM signals (880-960 MHz) are bad as they use similar frequency as ADS-B (1030-1090 MHz).
    If you are a FR24 box feeder and have problems with frequency interference please contact support@fr24.com to check the possibility to install a special filter to remove the interference.

Comment

Have you also noticed problems with DTV or FM broadcast ?

Comment

how do i know a frequency interference?

If there is such a thing,
        How can we detect it?
        F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          The ADS-B signal can be destroyed if there are any other signal transmitters nearby. Especially GSM signals (880-960 MHz) are bad as they use similar frequency as ADS-B (1030-1090 MHz).
          If you are a FR24 box feeder and have problems with frequency interference please contact support@fr24.com to check the possibility to install a special filter to remove the interference.
          Hi

I've sent a mail last week but no response

Comment

Always ne response from FR24 team

So we've made some change to the installation :

Radio circulator is replaced by a Nortel GSM cavity filter modified for 1090mhz
            Antenna is moved from the roof to the tower at 15m
            Bad sat cable provided by FR24 is replaced.

=> +40% aircraft seen, +50NM range

Next step :

Move the antenna out of the tower
            Change the antenna by a TV panel modified
            Add an amplifier behind the antenna

after.jpgberfore.jpgfilter.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ginie View Post
              Always ne response from FR24 team
              Do you have a Support reference number? All Support messages get sent an acknowledgement email with a reference number.
              Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

The number is 47656.

Comment

Can I suggest you reply to Support@FR24.com quoting that reference number and ask what is happening?
                  Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Just out of interest, are you using UBNT POE injectors; and if so are you using shielded ethernet cabling?

Comment

No, just using basic cables but i have only 10m.

Comment

The shielded cabling (eg. toughcable) helps reduce possible ESD over the cable and should minimize it as a possible source. I have a NanoStation Loco about 15cm from my ADS-B antenna/USB dongle housed in a IP65 ABS box so I might try with and without the Loco powered on and see if my results mirror yours. Mine is connected with around 10m of toughcable.

Comment

Ok finally had time to do some testing. I don't see any difference to signal strength or detection distance with the Loco on or off. If the problem persists see if you can add some vertical separation between them, or if this isn't possible some shielded cable and connections may be worth a try.

I don't know where in the world you are but I found a local store that did ToughCable by the meter ($1.20 AU per meter), and the connectors were cheap ($0.88 AU). So for less than $20 AU at worst I've helped reduce possible ESD sources for the NS. If you have the time and money it could be worth researching.

Comment

Working...
                          X