Farthest Distance Received?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farthest Distance Received?

I finally have my box and antenna set up in its permanent location. With the change I have seen a really big increase in received aircraft and their distance.

For you other feeders, what is the farthest distance you have received an ADS-B signal? I had one yesterday that was just over 500 KM from my station.

Had a hit from an aircraft at 314nm or 581 km away. I think this may have been due to a signal via multipath from atmospheric ducting.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyCool View Post
      Had a hit from an aircraft at 314nm or 581 km away. I think this may have been due to a signal via multipath from atmospheric ducting.
      Just looked at the stats for this week, I have had 324, 328 and329nm so far, and regularly see 330+nm, this is with the standard FR24 issued kit with the ant on my roof above the TV ant.
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
        Just looked at the stats for this week, I have had 324, 328 and329nm so far, and regularly see 330+nm, this is with the standard FR24 issued kit with the ant on my roof above the TV ant.
        What length antenna wire do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by digiblur View Post
          What length antenna wire do you have?
          It is the standard FR24 antennae with 5m cable, the wire comes into the attic through holes drilled in the chimney stack and the box is in the attic.
          (If I get the chance I will post a photo in the next few days)
          Last edited by F-EGLF1; 2014-04-11, 19:10.
          FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
            It is the standard FR24 antennae with 5m cable, the wire comes into the attic through holes drilled in the chimney stack and the box is in the attic.
            (If I get the chance I will post a photo in the next few days)
            Gotcha.. I had to get the 10m cable since I had a 10m antenna mast I was going up on. I planned on putting it in a closet adjacent to the outside wall but came up a few feet short. So now I am looking at doing an outside enclosure on the outside of the house and regret getting the 10m cable. Could have gone shorter now for more gain. The FR24 is in the attic right now and I have seen it get pretty warm already and summer isn't here yet.

Comment

Working...
            X