Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-LFST2

Hi all,

Here a picture of my humble antenna setup for T-LFST2.
    Left my Diamond X50 V/UHF antenna for Amateur Radio and right the 1090MHz antenna. It is the bulgarian colinear that can be bought on ebay.
    IMG_5020_small.jpg
    IMG_5019_small.JPG
    F-LFST2

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise"

Nice setup! The Diamond for Tx/Rx or only Rx?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

The diamond X50 is used for Tx/Rx
      F-LFST2

Comment

Nice!

Did you fabricate the T mount yourself ?
        www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
          Nice!

Did you fabricate the T mount yourself ?
          It depends what you mean by fabricate myself I bought the bits and pieces at various places and put them together.
          The vertical pole is a 50mm pole meant for satellite dish. It is actually 4m long and made of 4 galvanized tubes sticked together. and only about 2,5m are out of the roof allowing the base of the antennas to be approx 1,20m above the roof tip.

The horizontal part is made of aluminum and is very light. I bought this a few years ago in Germany at a Hamradio fest.
          F-LFST2

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
            I bought the bits and pieces at various places and put them together. .....The horizontal part is made of aluminum and is very light. I bought this a few years ago in Germany at a Hamradio fest.
            That sounds self fabricated to me :-)
            I'm looking to make something just like it as I need to install more antennas on my tower.
            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

very neat and tidy and interesting to know how the T mount is made.

Comment

Also been wondering about that T-mount... been racking my brain on how to modify what is available over here for make such a thing.

Comment

Something like this would hold two tubes at right angles, especially if two of the toothed sections were put at 90 degrees back to back

2" x 2" Mast Clamp. Use to attach a second tube horizontally or vertically to an existing mast to form a 'T' section or extension. 8 NUT CLAMP x 2.

Then check the antennas you are using - the brackets may work equally well to fix to horizontal or vertical tubes (certainly true of the Bulgarian collinear)

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                    Something like this would hold two tubes at right angles, especially if two of the toothed sections were put at 90 degrees back to back

2" x 2" Mast Clamp. Use to attach a second tube horizontally or vertically to an existing mast to form a 'T' section or extension. 8 NUT CLAMP x 2.

Then check the antennas you are using - the brackets may work equally well to fix to horizontal or vertical tubes (certainly true of the Bulgarian collinear)
                    Or you can use a similar item than I used http://www.antennenland.net/Doppel-M...mtlaenge-125-m

I have no idea how those things are called in english... :/
                    F-LFST2

Comment

This guys got some nice unique hardware for sale: http://www.atechfabrication.com/prod...tenna_boom.htm
                      www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

Working...
                      X