Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props, GA and other UFOs

Hi people

Ok, I dont really know if this is the right place to ask this kind of question, I've been searching everywhere (including these forums) but noone else seems to have brought up this question before.

What do I need to do to make turboprops and ga aircraft show up on my own "radar"? I'm using a piece of software called "basestation" that gets its data from another piece of software called "rtl1090". Thing is, as an example, rtl1090 can see 20 a/c, but base station only sees 13. And mostly it seems to be turboprops and ga a/c that doesn't show up in basestation.

However FR24 shows them just fine, so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

Some examples of what I cant see in basestation

Or should I just ditch this "basestation" and find somthing better? if there is, I dont know anything else

Those are showing up on FR24 Map due to MLAT.
    It will only show on basestation software "List" not the MAP part.

See MLAT section - http://www.flightradar24.com/how-it-works
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Actually, they aren't showing up anywhere in basestation, and I have "show all aircraft (inc non-position)" selected...

Comment

To answer your question you won't get them to show up other than in list view, as pointed out. And just because they are listed in RTL software does not mean they are current contacts if it is not clearing the list after losing contact.

Base station is simply a local 'radar like' view of what your reciever is outputting (live). You cannot rely on comparing the view between them as each have different time-out display settings.

As for the un-plotted ones - No software can plot positions of objects without a GPS reference. And as you will see in the list on RTL and BS, not all transmit locations. Only newer aircraft and re-fitted older aircraft with transponders linked to the GPS unit do. MLAT as linked, uses triangulation to locate ones not broadcasting their positions.
        If you have the new RTL software, it has a map plot built-in using Globe-S Mini. Negating the need for basestation
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I got that, that's not what I meant. Apparently basestation is supposed to show a/c without position in the list, not the 'radar like' view. But it doesn't.

Basestation has a longer timeout, stuff come and go much faster in rtl1090's list.

What's the "new RTL software"? Not rtl1090? Couldn't find any newer than the one I already have.
          Last edited by kaffefilter; 2014-03-17, 21:54.

Comment

RTL1090 beta 3.

And the way the data is manipulated/changed to get it to work in basestation, I'm not really surprised if there is comparitable difference. It could be mode-s vs Mode-c or a number of factors. But most here use alternate SW, as the tweaking to get Basestation working with anything but a basestation is out of a lot of peoples abilities.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
            X