Help setting up my ADS-B to Feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help setting up my ADS-B to Feed

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could be of assistance.

Just purchased the GNS 5890 ADS-B. I am wanting to set it up with FR24. After downloading the Feeding software from the FR24 site, it doesn't seem to get past the stage after entering Lat and Long, saying 'BASESTATION ERROR (wait 5 secs).

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Thanks a lot

I'm not sure but you should try to install adsbscope or similar and then connect fr24 sw to it.

The best thing to do is to contact support@flightradar.com
    Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-08, 16:29.
    For official support use Contact Form

Comment

Originally posted by Amper View Post
      The best thing to do is to contact support@flightradar.com
      It's Support@FR24.com

Comment

My mistake

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Len1995 View Post
          Hi all, just wondering if anyone could be of assistance.

Just purchased the GNS 5890 ADS-B. I am wanting to set it up with FR24. After downloading the Feeding software from the FR24 site, it doesn't seem to get past the stage after entering Lat and Long, saying 'BASESTATION ERROR (wait 5 secs).

Anyone able to offer any advice?

Thanks a lot
          Are you using the RTL1090 software? If so,in the configuration settings page if you are not using an additional basestation program put a tick in the /30003
          Basestation type TCP port.

This allows the FR24 feeder software to communicate with the dongle. Save and restart the RTL1090 software. The FR24 software will use either the basestation software or the configuration in the RTL1090 software to work.

To get the FR24 software to work with the adsbScope without complaining, uncheck the /30003 line in the RTL1090 configuration and in the adsbScope enable the Server icon. Also the icon for the Decoded Client has to be enabled also to display targets on the map.

If you are using the the latest beta version of the RTL1090 software it has a down and dirty rudimentary scope.

The home settings for the FR24 feeder require the decimal address like N9.xxx E123.xxx. If you don't know how to get your address converted to this format use Google to do it for you.

This information should get you up and running.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

I have tried to install RTL1090, but it doesn't seem to work. At the stage where you need to check the USB ID, it does not match up with what the program asks for.

For what it is worth, my laptop uses Windows 8. I'm not sure if this will be effecting it, adsbscope does not work with 8.

Comment

Virtual Radar Server?
              I'm not sure that you need RTL1090,it's not RTL dongle that you use.
              Did you try contact support?

Comment

Will try contacting support now.

Cheers

Comment

you need to use adsbscope. that will connect and decode from the gns, then you set adsbscope to act as a server and the fr24 feeder attaches to that. adsbscope will have come with the gns.
                  T-EGLF8

Comment

Virtual Radar Server will do the job too. But I didn't try it on Win8 jet.
                    ADSBscope doesn't work for him.
                    Last edited by Amper; 2014-02-09, 17:51. Reason: ADSBscope works for me on win8!!

Comment

doesnt virtual radar server need to connect to adsbscope too ? didn't know it could connect directly to hardware.
                      T-EGLF8

Comment

Originally posted by SpaxmoidJAm View Post
                        doesnt virtual radar server need to connect to adsbscope too ? didn't know it could connect directly to hardware.
                        no, Virtual Radar Server is server as well

Comment

VRS works fine on Win 8 and 8.1

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
                          T-EDDM 2
                          2 x Raspberry Pi with dump 1090 and Linux Feeder Software

Comment

What i meant is with the instance i have of virtual radar server it connects to a network port on my radarcape, I cant see in the settings where i connect directly to a usb device.
                            T-EGLF8

Comment

Lets get things straight here, that appear to be lost in translation by too many people suggesting help ideas without full explination of what they are meaning.

GNS: Requires software to connect to the decoder (the same as any other ADSB device). Planeplotter, ADSBScope for instance. Captures, decodes, and also outputs AVR data via a server port

VRS: Calls itself a server, it is no more a server than a basic web-server you connect to. DOES NOT CONNECT DIRECT TO ADSB HARDWARE. Requires AVR output server loaded before it and simply a graphical display of that input data via browser and its built-in web server
                              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
                              X