Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Rid of a Bad Install

Originally posted by SoapyCro View Post
    I did use it for watching TV, but I uninstalled these drivers completely. Unfortunately I don't have a Windows restore point before the original drivers were installed.

One of two things happened back in the beginning. The first time you plugged in the dongle Microsoft detected the dongle and installed drivers that would enable the full capabilities of the TV dongle it detected. You didn't click on CANCEL or you selected the have disk option.

In your example the items in PINK are the results for the dongle properties. To return to time zero, follow the items highlighted. Unplug the dongle. Uninstall the Bulk_Interface 0. In the DEVICE MANAGER right click on any instances of the dongle and select UNINSTALL.

Reboot the computer with the dongle unplugged. Go to the DEVICE MANAGER and verify that the Bulk_Interface and the dongle references are not present and truly uninstalled.

Plug in the dongle and cancel when the operating system tries to install drivers.

Run Zadig as previously instructed in the correct order.

Start and configure the RTL1090 program.

Following the step by step will remove all the bad stuff and let you install it correctly.

"The names may have been changed to protect the innocent. "

John

T-RPVD1

Comment

Try running the tuner stick through a powered USB hub, just in case the USB power from the PC doesn't have quite enough va-va-vooom.

Comment

I'm stealing this thread a bit. If you read my thread that I created and was later locked you'll understand my issue.

Comment

I have quickly browsed your previous thread: make sure you are running ZADIG correctly. Ensure you look for a device that remotely resembles RTL* or DVB* and install the Zadig Driver onto that device. If need be, run Zadig in elevated / Admin mode (right click, run as Administrator). I have a very strong suspicion your problem lies there. Are you sure you are installing the Zadig driver correctly? My first attempt I thought I did, but in fact did not. Remember also, that Zadig driver install is specific to that USB port, if you move it to another port, its a new device and you have to reinstall Zadig. Not getting anything of an unsigned driver, or something like that? Your AntiVirus is not jumping into action and does something to your driver files at that point?

In so far my windows installation thereof... I can leave the dongle connected and go through a reboot, and it does not detect new hardware, but uses the same, previously installed Zadig driver every time without any hassles. And I'm on Windows8. Is your windows USB subsystem still fine ? No other issues with USB devices? No unknown devices in Device Manager?

Drop me an email at: herman [at] eons. co .za and let me know how it goes, or I can try to help. (Then we don't steal too much thread here)
          Last edited by HermanZA; 2013-10-09, 00:29.

Comment

Follow above guide to ensure all remnants of the driver located on machine are removed. Drivers don't truely uninstall. They simply remove the reference of it until next time you plug it in.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...-new-hardware/

Follow above guide to ensure all remnants of the driver located on machine are removed. Drivers don't truely uninstall. They simply remove the reference of it until next time you plug it in.
              I found that guide before and tried it aswell. It doesn't change anything. Once I reboot, Windows chooses the same drivers and I'm back at square one again..

Comment

Don't forget recent windows systems have a system restore facility ... you may be able to set the operating system state back to just before the erroneous installation of the drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  Don't forget recent windows systems have a system restore facility ... you may be able to set the operating system state back to just before the erroneous installation of the drivers.
                  Unfortunately there isn't any restore point before installation of the drivers for the first time. Otherwise this might have been a solution.
                  Last edited by Guest; 2013-10-09, 13:43.

Comment

Windows 7

To prevent automatic driver installations...

Start Menu search box : type change device installation settings

Launch the change device installation program.

Change the settings to suite your need.

Comment

Originally posted by DRL View Post
                      Windows 7

To prevent automatic driver installations...

Start Menu search box : type change device installation settings

Launch the change device installation program.

Change the settings to suite your need.
                      Unfortunately, that won't do it. If Windows already has drivers it think will work, it'll install them anyway.

Comment

Will this help?

How Do I Check for Unused Drivers?

Comment

Dongle Not Recognized Fixes

Originally posted by limparius View Post
                          Unfortunately, that won't do it. If Windows already has drivers it think will work, it'll install them anyway.
                          98% of dongle not recognized are due to the wrong sequence of Zadig selection. To work around the improper driver installation is to use a different USB port. The Bulk_Interface allows the detection of the dongle and the dongle driver allows communication and manipulation of the dongle. Stuff happens and you need to know what to do to recover.

Start the computer without the dongle then plug it in and cancel any operating system driver installation.

Run Zadig as specified.

Start the RTL1090 program and if you don't have it set in the Config to start automatically you will need to click on the start button. To see plane ICAO numbers and call sign you will have to select the Mode-S instead of the Mode-AC and List has to be off so you can see the TABLE view. If you are not sing the latest Beta version of the RTL1090 program get it. The graphical interface is better and you can see what is off and what is enabled.

These two attachments show the proper sequence of events using Zadig.

John

T-RPVD1

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

Working...
                          X