Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiFi based ADS-B receiver

Hi together

I'm quite new in this hobby, and I am considering to support flightradar24 with data, since I have a Win2003 Server running the whole year.

I'm looking for a WiFi based Antenna or Receiver that submits the data via WiFi to the server (I want to put the antenna as high as possible on the second floor, and the server is in the cellar), which then can send it to flightradar24?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please contact fredrik@fr24.com
    We may be able to provide you with such equipment.

Comment

I use print server WiFi. Works very good
      My receiver microADSB
      Last edited by Chriso; 2012-11-19, 12:40.

Comment

G'Day Helix. Using WIFI through multiple floors can often be troublesome (if not impossible), so here's another option for you...

Instead of WIFI, how about you use Ethernet over Power Line (EoPL) to send your data from your receiver up top, to your server in the basement?
        I recently purchased a TP-LINK AV500 mini (in Australia). It has a data transfer rate of 500Mbps (some people claim 1Gbit, but I doubt it).
        There are many brands of EoPL available - I'm sure you can find something online, where-ever you are, with the appropriate wall socket / plug type / voltage.

NOTE:
        The model I have is TL-PA411KIT which has an image of a TV screen showing 500Mbps... However, reading the specs, it claims it is 10/100 Mbps !

Here's an interesting forum discussing the subject:
        http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1857263

Regards, Greg.
        Last edited by GregHudson; 2012-12-02, 23:58.
        GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
        HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

Hi Greg

Tks for your suggestion. I've 2 repeaters in my house for the WLAN, but it might be a good idea to consider EoPL, if the WiFi connection should make trouble. So I'm going to study proposed thread.

Best regards
          Helix

Comment

Originally posted by Helix View Post
            Hi Greg

Tks for your suggestion. I've 2 repeaters in my house for the WLAN, but it might be a good idea to consider EoPL, if the WiFi connection should make trouble. So I'm going to study proposed thread.

Best regards
            Helix
            G'Day again Helix.
            I have 2 separate WLANS both connected to my main wired LAN, and it is still not giving me 100% coverage upstairs & down - which is why I got the EoPL connection.
            The plan is to have one of these upstairs closest to the antenna (thereby reducing the length of the coax I need, which in turn decreases the db loss thru the cable).
            The other unit will be connected to my main router downstairs, providing the connection to the main LAN.

Here's a conparison chart of various equipment you might find useful.
            http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwa...ne-charts/view

Regards, Greg.
            GNS 5890 (German), 2 x DVB-T Dongles (China / USA), Mobile One SAN-1090 external base antenna (Australian), Heliax coax (USA).
            HDSDR, Plane Plotter (full version, but not working), adsbScope, Virtual Radar.

Comment

Hi Greg,

Originally posted by GregHudson View Post
              ...how about you use Ethernet over Power Line (EoPL) to send your data from your receiver up top, to your server in the basement?...
              PowerLine is one of the worst inventions in the field of network engineering!!! The EoPL adapters are more or less shortwave transmitters and they modulating the data signal to the powerline. So every powerline works as a antenna and the frequency range of this equipment is the whole range from 0 up to 30Mhc. In the near of this adapters there is NO CHANCE to use the shortwave bands like hamradio. You have rhythmic disturbances every few khc and a uncredible noise floor. I can prove myself disorders at 50Mhc and even at 140Mhc.

PLEASE: if you want to have fun on the radio hobby (eg ADS-B, Hamradio, shortwave listening..) renounce this adapter and hope that none of your neighbors uses these things.

Please visit this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGlNOo_8JeU

Comment

Working...
              X