• HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS ANTENNA?

SOURCE: http://www.qsl.net/py4zbz/adsb.htm#e

Image 1 of 4

Image 2 of 4

Image 3 of 4

Image 4 of 4

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
          NOTE: Although I have built the CoCa Cola Can with amplifier, I have not put it to actual trial run. Logically it should work ok, but to be sure, I need to test it by trial run.

In the unlikely event that the "Antenna with Amplifier inside it" does not work properly, use the stand-alone antenna, cut the coax at a convinient location along its length (preferably close to antenna), and insert amplifier there.

DC Power Inserter:
          Top (HF+DC) goes to amplifier/antenna
          Bottom (HF) goes to receiver
          Right (IN) goes to DC Power supply (12V to 18V DC depending on amplifier)

I can't find this DC Power Inserter here in the US only in UK!
          Abcd567, Which one what kind of DC power inserter is the same like this one here in the US? Which one do you prefer is the best like that one to buy it here in the US?

Thank you.
          Last edited by 747-8F; 2014-09-07, 04:20. Reason: I add some words to understand more easy.

Comment

• Good soldering skill !

col2e1.jpg
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by 747-8F View Post
              Abcd567, Which one what kind of DC power inserter is the same like this one here in the US? Which one do you prefer is the best like that one to buy it here in the US?

Thank you.
              this is a dual inserter - comes with a power transformer http://www.ebay.com/itm/321431969137

also see ebay similar ebay items 130786182248

It seems these may be used to get power to cable amplifiers in the USA

Before connecting the reliever, use a voltmeter to check there is no DC voltage being delivered to the receiver connection.

There's also direct TV SWM power inserters, but they give 21v - that is beyond the amplifier rating by 15%, hmm?

Comment

• Originally posted by 747-8F View Post
                Abcd567, Which one what kind of DC power inserter is the same like this one here in the US? Which one

do you prefer is the best like that one to buy it here in the US?

Thank you.
                (1) Power Inserter With 15V DC Adapter & Hook up Lead.
                ..... Complete set, ready for use. Saves botheration & cost of separately purchasing Adapter & preparing the DC Hookup Lead for connection to DC Adapter.

US $19.95 + $5.22 Standard Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pico-Macom-P...-/221389012860

14982698938_de826902a9_o.jpg

You can also use these inserters:
                IF YOU USE POWER INSERTERS SHOWN BELOW, YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
                (a) A 120V AC to 15V DC ADAPTER TO POWER THE AMPLIFIER THROUGH THESE INSERTERS.
                (b) A HOOK-UP LEAD TO CONNECT DC ADAPTER TO F-FEMALE TYPE DC TERMINAL ON INSERTER

(2) US $ 6.88+ Free Shipping:
                http://m.ebay.com/itm/281224823197

14982633910_ec1fbf2d4a_o.jpg

(3) US $ 3.00 + $ 2.32 Shipping
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commscope-po...-/261440118825

14982733667_772e98f8e0_o.jpg

(4) US $ 6.88 +Free Shipping - DC input terminal at top is not visible in picture. Surely it is not F type. Most probably it is a socket for inserting DC barrel type pin normally available on DC adapter chords. Will save preparation of F-Connector type Hook-up lead
                http://m.ebay.com/itm/271213268914

15146279856_15bcdb29b0_o.jpg

(5) Power Inserter With DC Hook up Lead...Costlier, but saves botheration of preparing the DC Hookup Lead for connection to DC Adapter
                US $11.99 + $7.99 Economy Shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LNB-POWER-INSERTER-CHANNEL-MASTER-8001IFD-/190683509913

14982654280_f753c567c0_o.jpg
                Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-16, 15:41.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
                  Good soldering skill !

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4712[/ATTACH]
                  Yes, the gentleman who made this, is very skillful & crafty.
                  In addition to this one, he has also posted many other antennas on his web site, which show his skill:
                  http://www.qsl.net/py4zbz/adsb.htm.

This web page is in Portuguese Language. If you open it in Google Chrome Browser, the Browser will ask you if you want it to be translated in English. Say ok/yes, and the Portuguese page will be replaced by its English translation.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-07, 17:51.

Comment

• THE COILED DIPOLE + AMPLIFIER TRIAL RUN

Amplifier : Location = Near Antenna; Gain = 13-18 dB

Cable (between antenna & Receiver): Length = 50 ft/15 m; Type = Coaxial RG6, cheap quality.

Duration of trial run = 2 hrs, on evening of 06 Sept 2014

Image 1 of 3 - Photo of the antenna & Amplifier

Image 2 of 3 - The VRS Range Plot - 2 hrs trial run

Image 3 of 3 - The Range Plot on adsbScope - 2 hrs trial run

Comment

• I have posted a photo of coiled antenna in my last post. The coils are 65mm long x 6.4mm dia, about the size of a finger. Now see below the photo of another antenna coil.

Enormous antenna loading coil used in a powerful longwave (30-300 kHz) radiotelegraphy transmitter in New Jersey in 1912.
                      Large_antenna_loading_coil.jpg
                      Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-16, 15:34.

Comment

• 1.2m FRP antenna
                        1.jpg
                        2.PNG
                        China Kunming
                        F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

• Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                          1.2m FRP antenna
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4717[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]4718[/ATTACH]
                          Wow! 284 nm coverage!
                          Can you please give some more details about your antenna, receiver, amplifier etc?
                          Which software you have used to plot the range?

Comment

• Originally posted by abcd567 View Post
                            Wow! 284 nm coverage!
                            Can you please give some more details about your antenna, receiver, amplifier etc?
                            Which software you have used to plot the range?
                            Antenna-Custom,length1.2m,FRP material,$25,technical details are not clear, sorry
                            receiver-R820T DVB-T USB Stick
                            10m LMR400 cable
                            No amplifier.

Plot the range use web of Fr24 Stats,Do not use software.
                            China Kunming
                            F-ZPPP1 T-ZPPP7

Comment

• Originally posted by YsMilan View Post
                              Antenna-Custom,length1.2m,FRP material,$25,technical details are not clear, sorry
                              receiver-R820T DVB-T USB Stick
                              10m LMR400 cable
                              No amplifier.

Plot the range use web of Fr24 Stats,Do not use software.
                              THANK YOU FOR SHARING THE INFORMATION

Comment

• CRITICAL DEPENDENCE OF ANTENNA TUNING/SWR ON COIL DIMENSIONS
                                I was modelling a 4-element dipole with single-turn coil. I used two options
                                (1) for countries using Imperial/US system: use 3/4 inch dia PVC pipe as former to wind the coil.
                                (1) for countries using metric system: use 25mm dia PVC pipe as former to wind the coil.

The 3/4 inch PVC pipe has outer dia = 1.05 inch = 26.7mm
                                The 25mm PVC pipe has outer dia = 25mm
                                The difference between two dimeters is about 6.5%. I did not expect any difference in design if any of the two coil inner diameters are used.
                                When I ran the simulation, the outer limbs for lowest SWR were:
                                (1) 192mm in case of 26.7mm dia coil (3/4 inch pipe as coil former)
                                (2) 206mm in case of 25mm dia coil (25mm pipe as coil former)

Above shows how the tuning of antenna and achieving low SWR is critically dependent on coil dimensions.

Please see the screenshots of two simulations below.

CASE 1 - Coil inner diameter = 26.7mm (Coil wound over 3/4 inch PVC Pipe)

15018570360_9bdc5ebf86_o.png , 15018464829_0e3a161f6e_o.png

CASE 2 - Coil inner diameter = 25mm (Coil wound over 25mm PVC Pipe)

15202198921_a4701b6719_o.png . 15205248285_64835ef9ca_o.png
                                Last edited by abcd567; 2014-09-28, 08:48.

Comment

Working...
                                X